“Great location & house services, lazy valet”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown
Ranked #30 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We had prompt response to every request of our early check-in, need for the TV to be fixed (just a loose wire needed to be plugged in better), and information when I wanted recommendations around the area. For the Valet, I guess I was just off-put when they didn't even offer to help unload or load my baggage (which the largest was a carry-on suitcase). I would have expected at least an offer for a Woman travelling alone with 3 little girls. Over all... enjoyed the location being right in the middle of the Riverwalk and the Convention center. Enjoyed the stroll on the Riverwalk right outside the hotel. The rooftop pool was small but the view and breeze was great!!! I expected the water to be hot/warm, but it was cool and refreshing. The couple of blocks walk to the convention center was easy as well. My two oldest girls (13 & 14) were safe walking around the Riverwalk & Mall alone, due to ample security walking in the area heavily. Overall great little get away and the hotel was very comfortable and affordable for the area. I even got an upgrade to 2 queens instead of 2 fullsize beds!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gwena M
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review of your stay with us. I apologize if our valet team did not offer assistance with your luggage. It is absolutely their jobs to assist our guests with anything they need and it is very disappointing to hear of their lack of effort. This will be addressed and I assure you this is not the norm. Thank you very much for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business and hope to have you back as our guest in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,235)

Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is our second stay at Homewood Suites-Riverwalk and I almost hate to review it because I'm afraid we won't be able to book the next time. This hotel is actually on the Riverwalk with direct access but it is also on the quiet end of the river so that even though our bedroom faces the river, we don't get any noise at all. It is peaceful but only minutes away from all the action. We have a large living room, kitchenette, dining room combo, a large bathroom area and a bedroom with a window on the Riverwalk. We got a suite with 2 double beds because all the king suites were booked but it works just fine. My husband is working on this trip and I love having the space for him to work and a different area available for me. There is a handy pocket door between the living room and the bedroom so he can shut out any sound from the TV. Because of his work, my husband has been in and out of the valet parking many times during the week but the valet guys are unfailingly polite and helpful with directions. This hotel makes San Antonio a perfect location for a business/pleasure trip. My husband can take the car and there is plenty for me to do without one. Today I walked down the Riverwalk to the mall, had lunch and took in a movie at the theatre there and walked along the lovely river back to Homewood Suites. The price is very reasonable and the location is perfect!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for a room with a river view. The view is nice and the location is quiet...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MaddieGG
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you very much for posting this wonderful review of your stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you were able to come with your husband on a business trip and still have fun around town. San Antonio really is a great town to just get out and explore and since we are right in the middle of everything, it is a match made in heaven. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. We truly appreciate your business and hope to have you back as our guest in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Worth $$$. Location 1 block over 2 blocks dwn and your at Rivercenter Mall/ ALAMO. View from Roof Top Pool is incredible and Dinning PM & AM included in stay makes it an easy stay. Will absolutely be coming back.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you very much for posting this review of your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and the amenities we offer. We truly appreciate your business and hope that next time you are in San Antonio that you stay with us.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My family and I of 5 people stayed in this hotel for our first visit to San Antonio. The location was relatively good and the staff was helpful and service nice... The amenities can use some improvements such as tiny pool and old-looking lobby. The bathroom smelled like sewer and the street noise was hard to sleep with. I'm a long time Hhonor member, and have definitely stayed in better Hilton properties, including other Homewood Suites.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize if your stay wasn't 100% positive. It is our goal to make sure every guests leaves our property 100% satisfied. From time to time, some things don't go as planned and we might miss our mark. All of the staff members are empowered to take care of our guests and to make sure they leave the property happy. If you were unable to speak to one of my staff about the issues you experienced, please reach out to me so I can address your concerns. As always, thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

The San Antonio Riverwalk Homewood Suites lived up to our expectations of an affordable, clean, friendly hotel. The staff were very helpful with business issues not related to them, the food was nice and the room was clean. The pool is a little small, but in the afternoon when everyone else is out, it is perfect.

The elevator service is a little slow as there are only two elevators for 11 floors.

We were attending a conference and others from the conference did not feel they received the same value at much more expensive hotels as what we received. This hotel is also a very nice/short walk to the convention center.

There was a larger group of families at the hotel the same week we were. We were happy to see and hear that they were kept all on the same floor. We only ever heard from them at meals and at the evening pool time. Other conference goers had issues at their hotels with loud people in hallways...NOT HERE!

Room Tip: The building is a renovation of an older character building. The top three floors of the hotel are...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank pattypotato1

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this extensive review of your stay with us. Since we are an all suite property and do offer the complimentary full breakfast buffet as well at the evening meal Monday-Thursday, we are quite popular with families. This can make it a little challenging in the summer months but we prepare for these times. I am glad you had a positive experience while staying with us and attending a convention. I hope you decide to stay with us next time your travels bring you to San Antonio. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

This hotel is nice when you walk in, but the rooms are very outdated. They do have nice TVs and bathrooms though. It's a great location on a quiet strip of the Riverwalk. We only stayed one night so I didn't really care that is wasn't nice, but I don't think I could recommend this place to any of my friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your stay with us. I apologize if your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. We are constantly monitoring our product and service in an effort to give our guests the best stay possible. If there is anything I can do to help resolve any issues you may have had, please reach out to me. Thank you for choosing Homewood suites.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Let me preface this by stating that I have not stayed at the Homewood Suites Riverwalk. However, in looking at all the hotels in the Riverwalk area that are in line with my budget and preferences, only a few stand out. I've decided to stay at the Homewood Suites because I can already tell that they have great customer service. The fact that the general manger goes out of his way to respond to every critique, no matter how good or bad, tells me a lot. I look forward to arriving next Saturday for my 5-night stay. I've never been to San Antonio and look forward to my family vacation there.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jason A

Hello and thanks for posting up this review. We look forward to having you as our guest here at the Homewood Suites. If there is anything my staff or I can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know. See you soon!