Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown
Ranked #33 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, United States
“Great Stay-cation!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a Bachelorette Party on the Riverwalk. Our room was affordable especially for the number of guests it accommodates. Everything was clean and in great condition. My only complaint was there was not a luggage cart available during our check in and we had lots of luggage.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for this review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that our hotel worked well for your bachelorette party. Our suites are quite spacious. I apologize for not having a bell cart available for you when you checked in. This does not happen very often but occasionally, our guests all check in at once causing excessive demand for the carts. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Stonehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I recently spent 6 nights here in early March, on what was essentially a business trip from the UK but also a bit of leisure time. This hotel is in an ideal location for access to the downtown area of San Antonio and to the famous river walk. The building is rather characteristic and quite typical of a busy downtown hotel with drive in, valet parking. All the staff were extremely helpful, my 7th floor room was a good size, very clean, quiet and extremely comfortable. The breakfast in the ground floor lounge with its floor to ceiling vintage glass windows, was always a satisfying way to start the day, though it was twice as busy at the weekend. If you're looking for somewhere affordable in the downtown area with access to the river walk but without being in 'the thick of it', then I can recommend here. Can't wait to come back some day. Thanks all. Stuart, Stonehaven UK

Room Tip: I stayed 7th floor and away from the elevators. It was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your business and will continue to work hard so that next time you come back to stay with us, we will be even better than you remembered from your last stay. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites as your "home away from home" while in San Antonio.
Marble Falls, Texas
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Really great if you want to stay by the River Walk. Lots of great attractions with in a mile. Oh and there is free breakfast. There is nice food around here and river boat tours also. There is also Segway tours in the area. Lots of fun things to do real close to this hotel.

Stayed March 2014
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate you pointing out that there are several entertainment options right around the hotel. We truly are right in the middle of everything. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We appreciate your business.
Salado, United States
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat!! Our check in, Valet, room ...everything was noticebly clean, and prepared for our arrival. We road the elevator with staff on their way to clean rooms and were pleasantly affected by their laughter with each other and friendliness with us! We WILL be back!!:)

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for posting this review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your honest feedback as it helps us to be a better hotel. I am glad to hear you had a pleasant interaction with our staff on the elevator. We truly do have a very friendly team. Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I visited this hotel with my wife and 2 year old daughter and we loved it. The outside looks a little old which I came to find on the river walk boat tour is true. It is an old façade that has been renovated twice so don't let the outside concern you. The staff were extremely helpful and polite. Our room was perfect for letting my daughter sleep in her pack and play crib in one room and my wife and I could still stay up in the other room and watch TV.
The breakfast buffet was great and they changed it up each morning.
If you are there on the weekdays (not Friday) there is even a free happy hour which was nice on our first day there to get a few margaritas and watch the river boats go by.
The rooms were cleaned well and the bed was comfortable. The pillows were a little fluffy for my tastes but that is a minor complaint when everything else is perfect.
The location is on the river walk but not necessarily where all of the restaurants are. However, walking two blocks with my wife and daughter we were right in the heart of everything and the area felt safe (something that matters a lot to us).
The valet would also provide us with water when we were either coming or going which was a nice touch. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you very much for posting this extensive review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for pointing out that we are actually only two short blocks to all the restaurants and bars the river walk has to offer. I am very pleased that our hotel worked out well for you and your family. We hope to see you back as our guests in the near future.
St. Petersburg, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Awesome breakfast included saves money. Comfortable bed, large quiet suite. Rooftop pool ! Great location on the bank of Riverwalk and close to the Amphitheater. Would stay again at this hotel. $25 charge for parking added.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay with us. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our large breakfast and that it help to save you money. We appreciate your business and hope to have you back as our guests in the near future.
Virginia Beach, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The first room I was given I felt closed in due to there not being a window in the bedroom. The window was located in the living area. I talked with the front desk and my room was changed immediately. After the change I enjoyed my stay. The room was quite and met all my expectations. The staff made me feel welcome and greeted me each time I returned. Sites were with in walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post this review regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issue you experienced with the suite not having a window in the bedroom. This suite is unique in that it is the only one like this in the hotel. Since the hotel was built inside of an existing building, there are many unique and different floor plans here at the Homewood Suites. We appreciate your business and hope to have you as our guests in the near future.