“Pleasant stay. Highly Recommend.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown
Ranked #31 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was a very nice stay and one of the most comfortable beds I have slept on and I travel frequently. I like mattresses on the firm side but this was not too firm. Just right for me. So comfortable I removed teh bedding to see the brand. I want to buy a mattress now after I learned they were made specifically by Serta for Hilton Hotels (SERTA Perfect Sleeper Suite Dreams).

All staff were friendly from the front desk to maintenance people. Every time someone walked by me, I was greeted with a Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Sir. I had an emergency arise and had to fly home a day earlier than expected. They were very accommodating and let me check out late and did not charge me for my last day.

Room was very large, clean and made to perfection every day. The only negative for me is that some of the furniture is dated and the chair in living/dining combo room had stains all over it and in the head rest area so I had to cover the entire chair with towels. Room also has a full fridge with ice maker, microwave, sink, stove top with two burners and the kitchen is fully stocked with everything you need (dishes, utensils, cookware, etc.).

As far as location - good location, a little far from the main parts of the river walk and good places to eat but it does connect to the river walk and it is a approximately 10-15 min walk at a steady pace to the hustle and bustle with some restaurants along the way. It was not a problem for me but it may be to some who can't walk long distances. Both nights I was there I wanted to go to dinner after a long day of work but because of the walk and heat, I opted to stay in and order.

Full breakfast was great. Friendly staff, great selection of food and not overcrowded. Great views of the riverwalk if you can get a table by the window. I had no problems getting a table by the window.

They only offer valet parking which is quite pricey. I believe it was between $22-25 a day. The public parking lots across the street charges $15 per day (that is where I parked). I heard that there were some other lots a few blocks down Market (towards the convention center) that may charge less.

Overall a great stay. I highly recommend. This hotel knows how to treat people right. I don't see that very often in my hotel stays. I wish I could have taken the mattress with me!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Enrique C
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for this very detailed review of your recent stay with us. I am glad you really liked our beds. You can actually purchase the mattress online. Simply go to www.homewoodcollection.com. Once you are there, click on bedding then Homewood Suites bed. We really appreciate your business and hope to have you back as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I discovered the Homewood Suites this past June in Colorado. Have stayed at two other locations including San Antonio since then..superb! Larger rooms and small kitchen make traveling so much more pleasant. This one has a such a good location in San Antonio. I enjoyed eating breakfast next to the river. Friendly and courteous staff. I will look for another Homewood Suite on my next trip!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TeachnTexas
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for this review of your recent stay with us. I am glad you discovered Homewood Suites. It truly is a unique brand and once you stay at a Homewood Suites, you will look for one wherever you go. I really believe this. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Close to everything. Easy walking distance. Safe neighborhood. Older decor. Staff nice. Would stay here again. On river walk but not the commercial area with all the stores and restaurants. Offer breakfast -typical. Offer snacks, wine and beer Monday thru Thurs. evening, I passed on that- too many wonderful places to eat.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your stay with us. We do offer a "Welcome Home" reception Monday-Thursday. During this reception, we serve dinner, beer, wine, and Margaritas. What a great way to get the evening started. Many of our guests do exactly what you did and pass on the reception and head out to one of the many great restaurants we have in the area. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We truly appreciate your business!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised over and over again during our stay. I've stayed at other "extended stay suites" type hotels, and wasn't thrilled. It was easy to see Hilton's mark on this place. Very comfortable beds, nice large spaces. Popcorn in the room.The location couldn't be better, right on RiverWalk, just a short distance from restaurants, what a beautiful walk. We took the trolley to the Alamo. Didn't anticipate breakfast being so good. Something different every day-plus some days freshly made waffles-and in the shape of Texas-cool! The complimentary frozen Margaritas, beer & wine was nice- but the meal was a big surprise (mon-Thurs). Was it gourmet-no, but it was tasty and sure saved us money. Something different every time-sesame chicken+fried rice+egg roll, salad; stuffed peppers, peas & mushrooms, salad, rolls; chicken or beef fahitas, salad, Tomato basil soup, cornbread. Employees were helpful, but when we asked about trolley, they weren't very informed, told us they thought it went to Alamo, thought it stopped in front of a near-by hotel. We finally found it...but later realized it would have been easier to go by River Walk. Riverboat tours and taxi were great-if sporadically timed, but there's a phone number to call and find out when the next one will come. That was helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for this wonderful review of your recent stay with us! I am pleased that you were able to partake of our complimentary morning breakfast buffet as well as our complimentary evening manager's reception where a meal, beer, wine, and margaritas are all served. I will personally work with our front desk folks to make sure they are up to speed on all of the trolley information. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were walking down on the Riverwalk and hadn't made reservations yet, so we strolled into the Homewood Suites and "Destiny" at the front desk totally hooked us up! She appeared to be training someone at the time, but she graciously took the time and showed us a couple of rooms and completed our reservations, military discount and all. The Suites are very, very nice and spacious. From being as full as they were, except for conversation in the dining room, there was no noise - which was amazing. Everyone was very friendly. The valets took great care of us and our vehicles. The hot breakfast was a true full breakfast and was great. The Riverwalk view from the dining room is beautiful. We had a medical emergency and they took care of us that way as well, giving us the necessary info to the ER, offering cab service, etc. Kudos to your staff. We will definitely recommend and return!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jo O O

Thank you for posting this review of your recent stay with us. I am so glad you came across our hotel while walking on the river walk. We are in a more secluded part of the river walk with not a lot of foot traffic which we feel is a great thing. It does help with the noise you get in the busier parts of the river walk. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

First time to San Antonio Riverwalk. The Homewood Suites were super. Very clean and spacious. Had everything you could possibly need. The staff was excellent. From the time we walked in the front door until we walked out everyone was courteous and helpful. From the complimentary breakfast and weekday newspaper to the concierge services we could not have been more pleased. Walked out the hotel and down the stairs and we were right on the riverwalk. Everything within walking distance. Recommend this trip and hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: We chose the 1 Queen Suite nonsmoking. It was phenomenal.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post the review of your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Riverwalk Hotel. It sounds like our hotel was the perfect fit for you and your family. We truly have an amazing staff and they work very hard to make sure our guests have a perfect stay. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites and we hope to have you as our guests in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The room was awsome. The valet service was priced right and they did a great job. A special thanks to Destiny for being a great front desk clerk and she made sure that our stay was the best it could be. Destiny went above and beyond the call of duty. She made it easy for us to say we will come back again to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for this review of your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you had a great stay. I will pass your praise along to the valets as well as Destiny. It really means a lot to our employees when they are recognized by our guests. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We appreciate your business.