“Excellent Riverwalk Location to Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown
Ranked #25 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
NJ
“Excellent Riverwalk Location to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

During our recent Texas visit, my family and I stayed at this hotel located adjacent to the Riverwalk in San Antonio. We had a fine experience.......complimentary breakfast served daily overlooking the Riverwalk; spacious huge room; highly cooperative staff. Riverwalk locations were easily within walking distance (which we did on two days of record high temps), and other San Antonio attractions (which are generally close together) - Tower of the Americas; the Alamo; Rivercenter Mall - are close by. Valet parking is provided and helpful.....about $ 23.00 per day, which we used. Housekeeping at this hotel was a bit off target, as we had to request towels, when none were provided, and the rooftop pool is tiny (although my wife loved it!), but overall a very good choice for a hotel stay in San Antonio. Would give this a 4.5 rating, but the scale comes in whole numbers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for posting the review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience. I do apologize for the issue you had with the towels. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites and we hope to have you as our guest in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Wonderful hotel... comfortable - clean - and very accomodating. Also, good value! Located on the River Walk... great dining room overlooking the river and the passing boats. Wonderful breakfast and dinner...

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for posting this review of your recent stay with us. It is our goal to exceed every guests expectations and it sounds like we did just that with your stay. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites, we appreciate your business.
New Iberia, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was very impressed with the location and facilities at the homewood suite. It was a nice surprise to know that free breakfast and dinner was available from Monday-Thursday. That really helped me and my wife spend money on vacation, not food. The Valet Parking staff was super nice and very helpful. I would definetly come back to this hotel when I go back to San Antonio.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and equipped with a stove, refigerator, and other home ammenties.
1 Thank Edwin P
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to post this review of your recent stay with us. Thank you so much for choosing Homewood Suites. We truly appreciate your business and hope to have you back as our guest in the future.
Corpus Christi,Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The employee's of this hotel are awesome individuals whom cater to you as you drive up, check in,clean your room, make you breakfast and dinner even at the time you leave. As they say in gymnastics " your all around team" Kudos to all.

2 Thank Alicia G
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent experience here at the Homewood Suites. I like how you touch on almost every department here at the hotel. We are an "all around team" and it is always a pleasure when our guests recognize this. Thank you so much for your business. We hope to have you as our guest in the near future.
Gainesville, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

There were several issues from parking to our billing with this hotel. We have stayed at this location before and had a great experience. A week after our departure and we are still waiting to have overcharges refunded to our account.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I apologize if any aspect of your stay was not excellent. If I can be of any assistance with helping to correct any issues you may still have, please reach out to me here at the hotel. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites and I do hope you will come back and give us another try in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at the Homewood Suites. The Staff was wonderful. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. It was very comfortable and met all our expectations and more. I will stay there again or look for one in another city if available.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am glad that our two-bedroom suite suited your needs while staying with us. They are very spacious! Thank you for your business and we hope to have you as our guest next time you are in San Antonio.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Things weren't working out right. My 14-year-old son had a performance at the Convention Center at 4:00, but checkout was at 11:00. I asked for a late check-out. Despite the fact it was the height of the busiest travel season and the hotel was full, the front desk said No Worries! and allowed us a late check-out of 2:00, so my son could return from his final rehearsal, eat a relaxed lunch, and change into his performance clothes. Another problem was my car. I didn't want to leave at 2:00 and drive all around downtown, searching for a spot on the street, put money into the meter, and then worry during my son's performance whether my car would be broken into and all our luggage stolen. I asked if we could leave the car in the parking garage. Again, the answer was No Worries! (I did have to pay a split fee of $11, but I was delighted to pay that for the security of not having my vehicle on the street.) Throughout our stay, we never needed anything, as service was quick ~ and with a smile. Added benefit: The views of the river are fabulous, and the walk along the river is lovely. Could be a nice routine . . . This will be our hotel of choice in Downtown San Antonio from now on!

Room Tip: Get a corner room so you have a double view of the river
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for posting this review of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that my staff was able to accommodate your late check out request as well as assisting with keeping your vehicle in our garage pass 2:00 pm. I am also very pleased to hear we have a new "guest for life" here at the Homewood Suites. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit.