“GREAT Hotel - Home Away from Home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown
Ranked #32 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My stay has been a mix of business and pleasure. The hotel is in walking distance and is centrally located to all of the popular restaurants, shopping, etc. my room was spacious and very clean. All employees are very nice and courteous. There is a free breakfast with a variety of warm and cold items and there is a free happy hour with a light meal and wine/beer/margaritas!

I definitely plan on staying here in the future and would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2013
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear you had a great stay with us. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward "welcoming you home" in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,217)

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Nice place, very clean and friendly. It is an older property so some may appreciate the charm. Very good breakfast, so-so dinners provided Mon-Thur. Parking is expensive. the in room internet always worked, but did need resetting for access several times a day ... not really an issue. Relative to other properties it is cheaper, being right on and overlooking the river walk. Its nice to sit and have breakfast and view the rover from the overlook.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the river, maybe on a lower floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. Regarding the price for our valet parking and just so others will know, we are actually one of the lowest priced on the river walk. There are also several garages and parking lots around the hotel where you can park but please be aware that you will have to pay each time you come and go. We charge a flat daily rate and you can come and go as you please. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We truly appreciate your business!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Like all other Homewood Suites, this one was great. Room was nice, big, clean and comfy. Service was great overall. Breakfast was just OK, nothing amazing, the evening beer/wine and food was very nice and unlike many other Homewood, this one has LOTS of great seating overlooking Riverwalk. Parking was pretty expensive at the Hotel, but I would stay again and highly recommend it, the location is perfect! Thought we would get a room overlooking Riverwalk since we I was a Hilton Gold Member, but got a roof view instead!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear your stay went well and you will be recommending us! Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I recently traveled to San Antonio for a wedding. I knew going into this reservation that I was not looking for a luxury accommodation. I only stayed for a short weekend, and loved the idea of having a mini-apartment. I wanted a space large enough where family and friends could comfortably gather and socialize between events. So it was great to have a mini kitchen to keep snacks and beverages, and a sitting area for everyone to relax. The room/mini-apartment was simple but comfortable, clean, and nicely suited the reason for my stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

This budget friendly hotel has excellent service, clean environment and outstanding location right by the Riverwalk. Here are some details on the hotel that is not obvious on their website. It has ten floors and each level has 18 suites. Rooms are numbered from x01 to x18 (where x is the level). Rooms x00, x01, x02, x16, x17 and x18 have windows facing the river. Rooms x07 to x12 face Market St and rooms x02 to x07 face St Marys. The daily complimentary breakfast is pretty standard but the complimentary dinner from Monday to Thursday is truly unique. The gym is located at the basement level and has 2 treadmills, stationary bike and weights. The small outdoor pool is located on the roof. From the rooftop, there is a great view of downtown San Antonio including the Tower of Americas. A couple of small minus points: (a) lack of self-parking - this is common for most hotels in this area (there is multi-story parking right across the street that charges $15 per 24 hours but, of course, you park there at your own risk), (b) noise from buses for rooms on St Mary side and (c) the rooms on the Riverwalk side have nice view but on weekends, it gets a little noisy with background music & occasional on commentaries on loud speakers from passing riverboats. The level is noise is not bad if you're used to city living.

The hotel staffs are excellent. They are very friendly and helpful. I would have rated them outstanding if not for one of the front desk staff who told me that she would call me when the room was ready but she forgot. Overall, I had an excellent experience staying here and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Bernard1985
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I travel quite a bit for business, and I found the room to be comfortable as far as furnishings and bedding are concerned. Myself and my business travel companions noted that the rooms were not very clean when it came to the details. The carpet was a dark rusty color, and the dust around the edges of the carpeting was very noticeable. I also had to plug in an electronic device, and there was quite a bit of cleaning needed behind the nightstand. The space was very large, but it appeared to need some updates (color/styling). The lobby was very nice, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My only real complaint with the staff was that the gentleman who checked us in and worked the day after check in appeared to be quite ill. He was actually advising guests at the front desk to use hand sanitizier that he made available because he stated he was battling the flu! I think the Hilton can do a better job than this.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I apologize for the cleanliness issues you mentioned. I will personally work with my housekeeping team to correct these so that they will no longer be an issue. I also apologize for the issue you had with the front desk team member. Your 100% satisfaction is our main concern. If you feel there is anything I can do to assist you with this matter, please feel free to reach out to me. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Riverwalk Hotel!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel the check in was fast and the bellboy at the front door were very helpful. The room was clean and the bedding was great. The bedding is VERY important to me and if that was bad I would have checked out. The rooms need a update with carpet and couches. Next time I probably try another hotel. I like trying new places.. The Riverwalk was great and so much fun... Very clean and the people were very friendly.

Room Tip: I thought when I checked into the room I would have this great view of the river but I did not. So n...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. I apologize if your experience was not 100% positive. It is our goal to satisfy every guest with every stay. If there is anything I can address for you regarding your stay, please reach out to me. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We truly appreciate your business.