“Great Stay at this Homewood!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown
Ranked #33 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The most impressive feature of our 3 nite stay was the friendly atmosphere and the willingness of the staff to make sure our stay was pleasant. In spite of the facility being located in an older bldg., the rooms were clean and all the appliances worked well. I definately would recommend this Homewood to anyone who wants to be on the Riverwalk (just down the steps) and to feel welcome at their lodging.

Room Tip: Our 8th floor room was very quiet and had a nice view of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us. It really means a lot to us when our guests post feedback about their experiences. I am pleased you had an enjoyable experience and would like to thank you for your business. We hope to see you next time you visit San Antonio here at your "home away from home".

996 - 1,002 of 1,215 reviews

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I'm used to staying at a Homewood for business, but just finished a 7 night stay with the family and it was fantastic. Hotel was a perfect location right on the Riverwalk, but not too close to the busiest sections and crowds...very nice room, good breakfast (we never got back in time for the reception though). Pool is very small, but being on the roof was exciting. I didn't realize that the only option was valet parking....when I reserved it said that there was a self parking option, but that isn't the case. I'm hoping the new parking manager will make that run more smoothly because you need to plan around getting your car out, especially in the busy am. Overall, I would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend. Note to manager, Laura was particularly helpful and one of the most friendly staff..she's a keeper!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank bkfamily
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This place had it all. Plenty of space, great staff, good breakfast, delicious coffee, and a nice welcome reception with complimentary food and alcoholic beverages. Great location as well. Thank you for a great stay! Truly a home away from home.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LovingLifeFully
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. You highlighted many of our best attributes and I truly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We appreciate your business and hope to see you next time you are in San Antonio!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stay at a lot of Homewoods and was a little dissappointed in this one. Had a1 bedroom suite, which are ussually quite spacious, this one was sooooo small. The kitchen was in the living room. Wierd! Just a very small suite. Needs updating and a good cleaning too. It is very close to the part of the riverwalk where all the fun stuff is and the rooftop pool area is beautifull at night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Our hotel is unique in that the building is an historic landmark here in San Antonio. As such, we really had to work around the existing structure when we converted the building into a hotel. As a result, we have many unique floor plans. While some may be very large, others may be more cozy and intimate. We will be doing some updates in the near future and I invite you to come back and experience them. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at this Homewood Suite for a business trip for 3 nights. I had a long enduring week of work and had to work long hours. As I managed to make it to my room I noticed them bed sham had several various stains on it. I really did not want to know what it was and even care to ask. I travel quite a bit and stay at many Hilton properties due to my job. This hotel was not up the in the best shape. Service never came to my room one day. Breakfast buffet was nearly empty by mid morning, no selection to choose from. Not impressed with this Homewood Suites.

More importantly, as I worked long days 18hr+ I left the hotel and forgot my electric razor on the bathroom counter. This never happens to me and I realized how exhausted I really was. I called the hotel the Friday evening I left and they never got back to me at ALL!!! I had to call them on Monday and ask for a manager. They mentioned they would look for it and of course never found it. I am quite surprised to hear this as I told them where I had left it. I really never got a additional support and was very disappointed with the service of this hotel. For the price and service I would recommend staying at another hotel in the Riverwalk area.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are the better bet facing the Riverwalk. My suggestion is to look for another ho...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Frankessig
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I apologize your experience wasn't what you have come to expect. It is our goal to satisfy every guest on every stay. If a guest does ever have an issue during their stay, it is our goal to make sure we correct it before they leave. I do hope you mentioned your issues to one of my staff members so they could address your concerns. Regarding the razor you left behind, as you can imagine, we have many items left behind by our guests. Once an item is found by one of the staff, it gets placed in our secured lost and found department. Once a guest informs us that they have lost an item, we retrieve it from our lost and found and promptly send it to the guest. I apologize we never found your lost razor. Lastly, please know that all managers and employees are committed to your 100% satisfaction. If you ever have an issue, please bring it to our attention before you leave the property so we can address your concerns and come to resolution that will satisfy you. If I can be of further assistance to you regarding any of these matters, please reach out to me.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in mid July - a great spot for our family of 5 (3 kids: ages 8, 5 and 2). Location was fantastic, continental hot breakfast was awesome and really great service. A guy in the breakfast area went out of his way to offer my son scrambled eggs and muffins - not what was out that morning. Also twice when we came in to our cleaned room, they left a nice little note and arranged the kids' stuffed animals in cute ways on the bed. :). Very generous with towels etc. The only complaint we had was the cost of parking - $24/night - valet only. We NEVER valet. It did include in and out privledges, which the $15 lot across the street did not. We learned that parking anywhere downtown is just pricey. The rooftop pool was tiny, but fun. Also 2 room suite was perfect for our family - ability to close off kids at bedtime. Overall, a great place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Homewood Suites on Market Street was perfect for my bachelorette party. Unlike other hotels in the area, they have a very large room that we booked (1-king, 2-queens, 2-bathrooms, 1-fold out couch). There was still plenty of space on the floor for an air up mattress if we needed one. The room was reasonably priced for the size. Beautiful views of the riverwalk from the 9th floor. However, the hotel boasts a rooftop pool, which is tiny and was full of children he two times that we went up there. The views from the roof were awesome, but I noticed many people showing up to the roof in their swim suites, and turing back around and leaving because the pool was so packed. Also, the valet parking is kinda high pricing for one night and SLOW. After checking out, my sister and I had to wait over an hour for them to bring us our car. Definately call ahead, before you head down to the lobby. The elevator was really slow, but really busy

Room Tip: Get a room at this hotel if you don't care about a pool or having to wait on valet parking to pi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends