We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here! We stayed at three different hotels on our vacation and this one was by far our favorite. It was clean and nice, yet not so fancy that I followed my children around with a cleaning cloth (Like I did at the Omni Hotel in Corpus Christi).
ROOMS: clean and spacious and the beds were comfortable (the pull-out couch was not, however). There is a flat screenTV in both rooms, though not HD. The little kitchenette was great and the fridge was good-sized. It fit all of the food from our ice chest and then some.
FOOD: They offer both breakfast AND dinner, which was extremely convenient for our family. Dinner included red & white wine, margheritas and beer. The food wasn't as good as what you'd get at one of the restaurants around there, but it was tasty (not to mention free!)
POOL: The pool on the roof is kind of small, but the towel rack was stocked and there is quite a bit of seating around the pool.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Also, every single employee we interacted with was very friendly and helpful.
DOWNSIDE: Parking is not free. It costs $15 per day (valet is around $23) to self-park in the garage across the street. That may be the case for all of the hotels downtown, though. I don't know. If you park your own car, I think you get charged a fee every time you leave the garage, but they don't charge that fee if you valet park. Can't remember what the fee is, though.
I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel!! I can't say enough good stuff about this hotel. These kinds of hotels are the best for families with more than two children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy being in the heart of scenic and historic San Antonio, Texas at our Homewood Suites by Hilton® San Antonio-Riverwalk/Downtown hotel. Situated on the famous Riverwalk, our all-suite hotel is convenient to historical sites, shopping and dining. Connect with home and the office with free high-speed internet access. Start your day with a hot full breakfast served daily. At the end of a long day, unwind with our evening dinner and drinks (beer, wine, margaritas) served Monday to Thursday. Both meals are included with your stay. Or, prepare your own meal in the fully equipped kitchen, featuring a refrigerator, microwave, two-burner stove top, dishwasher and utensils. Lounge in one of our one or two bedroom suites with a separate bedroom and living area featuring a sofabed and TVs with premium cable channels. Host a meeting or event for up to 90 people and use the services available in our business center. Relax in our rooftop pool or whirlpool, or work out on the latest fitness equipment. Shop at nearby Rivercenter Mall and El Mercado. Learn about Texas history at the Alamo and Governor’s Palace. Dine on local and international foods. Plan family activities at Sea World, Splashtown and the San Antonio Zoo. Business travelers will enjoy our proximity to the H. B. Gonzales Convention Center. Our multi-lingual staff will help you find the best options in San Antonio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Riverwalk / Downtown Hotel San Antonio
- Homewood Suites San Antonio
- Homewood San Antonio
- San Antonio Homewood Suites