I stayed here for a professional conference for one week. The rooms were huge with a large living room, a kitchenette (complete with plates, flatware, corkscrew...), and a large bedroom. Wireless internet was COMPLIMENTARY. They served a hot buffet breakfast daily and a hot dinner Sun-Thurs complete with margaritas, beer, and wine all of which is included in the room rate. Coffee, tea, and popcorn was available in the room (free). There wasn't an onsite restaurant (nor roomservice) but there were many eateries within minutes walking distance. Parking is additional however. There was a little snack shop in the lobby open 24 hours. My room overlooked the river, nice view, no balcony. To access the riverwalk, you need to exit to the street and walk down public steps (which are literally 20 feet from the side door) hence there is no direct access. This was not an inconvenience at all. The hotel is on a quiet end of the walk but all of the action is 5 minutes away. There was also a small fitness room, a pool (comically small), and a laundry ($1 to wash). The business center was nice and open 24 hours to print boarding passes etc. The staff was very helpful and efficient. Overall an excellent stay with good value. If I had to nitpick, it would be that the decor could be updated a bit but I barely noticed because I was having so much fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy being in the heart of scenic and historic San Antonio, Texas at our Homewood Suites by Hilton® San Antonio-Riverwalk/Downtown hotel. Situated on the famous Riverwalk, our all-suite hotel is convenient to historical sites, shopping and dining. Connect with home and the office with free high-speed internet access. Start your day with a hot full breakfast served daily. At the end of a long day, unwind with our evening dinner and drinks (beer, wine, margaritas) served Monday to Thursday. Both meals are included with your stay. Or, prepare your own meal in the fully equipped kitchen, featuring a refrigerator, microwave, two-burner stove top, dishwasher and utensils. Lounge in one of our one or two bedroom suites with a separate bedroom and living area featuring a sofabed and TVs with premium cable channels. Host a meeting or event for up to 90 people and use the services available in our business center. Relax in our rooftop pool or whirlpool, or work out on the latest fitness equipment. Shop at nearby Rivercenter Mall and El Mercado. Learn about Texas history at the Alamo and Governor’s Palace. Dine on local and international foods. Plan family activities at Sea World, Splashtown and the San Antonio Zoo. Business travelers will enjoy our proximity to the H. B. Gonzales Convention Center. Our multi-lingual staff will help you find the best options in San Antonio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Riverwalk / Downtown Hotel San Antonio
- Homewood Suites San Antonio
- Homewood San Antonio
- San Antonio Homewood Suites