This hotel is a great choice for a trip to San Antonio on the Riverwalk. The hotel is located on a quieter portion of the Riverwalk, which is actually nice. If you go by street it's only 2 blocks from the "busy" part of the Riverwalk or you can get right on the Riverwalk and a take a stroll around, where you are located close to Marriage Island and La Villita. The hotel is in a historic building, which is pretty cool...it often gets mentioned on the riverboat tours as they go by.
The suites are spacious and multi-purpose with the fill kitchen and living room. Some of the decor is a bit out-of-date, but they were doing renovations while we were there, so that's good that they are always improving! Many people commented on the HD TVs and we did have one in the bedroom, so they must be replacing those too.
The breakfast was great too...we usually go out to breakfast or brunch on vacation and it saved us a bunch to eat the hotel each day. The hot choices didn't change as often as I've seen at other Homewood Suites, but it was always plenty to eat. Nice to be able to sit and look at the Riverwalk while eating as well.
The free wi-fi is a really nice feature too! So much easier to be able to do some planning on-the-go on a trip with free wi-fi than to have to pay if you want to look up ideas of what to do.
The staff was very friendly and helpful as well, which is always a nice touch for a stay. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy being in the heart of scenic and historic San Antonio, Texas at our Homewood Suites by Hilton® San Antonio-Riverwalk/Downtown hotel. Situated on the famous Riverwalk, our all-suite hotel is convenient to historical sites, shopping and dining. Connect with home and the office with free high-speed internet access. Start your day with a hot full breakfast served daily. At the end of a long day, unwind with our evening dinner and drinks (beer, wine, margaritas) served Monday to Thursday. Both meals are included with your stay. Or, prepare your own meal in the fully equipped kitchen, featuring a refrigerator, microwave, two-burner stove top, dishwasher and utensils. Lounge in one of our one or two bedroom suites with a separate bedroom and living area featuring a sofabed and TVs with premium cable channels. Host a meeting or event for up to 90 people and use the services available in our business center. Relax in our rooftop pool or whirlpool, or work out on the latest fitness equipment. Shop at nearby Rivercenter Mall and El Mercado. Learn about Texas history at the Alamo and Governor’s Palace. Dine on local and international foods. Plan family activities at Sea World, Splashtown and the San Antonio Zoo. Business travelers will enjoy our proximity to the H. B. Gonzales Convention Center. Our multi-lingual staff will help you find the best options in San Antonio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Riverwalk / Downtown Hotel San Antonio
- Homewood Suites San Antonio
- Homewood San Antonio
- San Antonio Homewood Suites