“A wonderful break from the big box,usual hotels”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Havana

Hotel Havana
Ranked #82 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Miramar Beach, Florida
“A wonderful break from the big box,usual hotels”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My associate and I were looking to book a Hilton or Marriott on a business trip as we drove into San Antonio. I asked him to check TripAdvisor for something different. We found it. We arrived early and our rooms were ready. What a great surprise. We had lunch at Ocho outside along the river. It's hard to describe just how relaxing this hotel is. Historical, comfortable and yes... a little quirky as previously reviewed....but I can't wait to go back with my wife. Great stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Austin
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I had a relaxing weekend at Hotel Havana. The room was great (we stayed in #13). I loved the decor and the Smeg fridge. Food from Ocho was simply delicious! The only negative was that the room could be a bit noisy as it is right behind the restaurant but I planned ahead and brought ear plugs to sleep with. I'd gladly stay again at Hotel Havana.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tuscaloosa
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Traditional Texas horn furniture, A cuban refrigerator, a bar lit by rows of red candles and a restaurant with unusual dishes that make you want to come back for every meal. The best part though was the staff service at the front desk. We asked to leave our bags before check in and when we came back they had already placed the bags in our room...an upgraded one at that. I recommend the welcome "bucket of local beer" as well. Couldn't ask for a more perfect hotel experience

Room Tip: The rooms with the sky view window and small sitting room are excellent!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This a great hotel for getaway. It is filled with polished wood bright colors colors and has an excellent and attentive staff. There is a great view of the river walk from the restaurant,Ocho. The banana bread that is hot from the griddle then topped with honey, peanut butter is not to be missed int the morning for breakfast. Downtown landmarks are just a short walk away if you are looking for entertainment or shopping However, just hanging out on the north end of the river walk was just what I needed

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I nabbed a great deal via Hotels Tonight for Hotel Havana, but we didn't have super high expectations. It's tucked away in a quieter part of town, and managing to park our car in their tiny lot was terrifying; however, once we entered the hotel, we were totally charmed and impressed. From the friendly staff to the creaky staircase to the awesome retro fridge in our room, this hotel is filled with little surprises sure to make you smile. Access to the Riverwalk is convenient and the stretch is much more tranquil and relaxing than the stretch that's closer downtown. Breakfast at the bar downstairs, Ocho, can't be missed--their banana bread is so delicious! If you're looking for a cozy, old timey feel for your next visit to San Antone, check this place out!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Atreeofwood
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I booked this online and got a great rate. From the parking lot view I didnt expect much but once inside the hotel is very cute. The lobby could so with some updating (looks a but tired) but overall it's a neat location and very close to the Alamo and other attractions. The restaurant and bar are also very cool. Overall a neat little hotel but I think the prices (if you dont get a good deal online) might be a bit pricey for what you actually get.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank bucks17
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My friend and I stayed overnight at this wonderful boutique hotel. It was so well located that we were able to walk down the River Walk to the King William District, La Villita and all points in between. This made the walk cool and inviting.
The room (King Suite) was large, yet cozy.The bathroom was well stocked with amenities.
Each floor had a wonderful balcony that looked out over the city. The main bar had a lovely patio with the most comfortable outdoor chairs I have ever used. The drinks were excellent.
The underground bar was cozy and private, perfect for a night cap.
The wait staff was friendly and informative.
I would definitely recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: The only room I was able to see was the King Suite. It was quiet and very private.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple