“Looks are deceiving - take a chance on this one”
Review of Thai Dee

Thai Dee
Ranked #254 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Shearer Hills / Ridgeview
San Antonio
“Looks are deceiving - take a chance on this one”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Outstanding Thai food awaits those who ignore both the location and the funky exterior.

Cozy interior and attentive staff make for a very enjoyable dining experience - not to mention the food.

My usual order is pot stickers, Tom Kha & Pad Thai (@ heat level 8) but have ventured into other areas of the menu and found zero negatives. I especially enjoy the fish entrees.

• Visited July 2011

San Antonio, Texas
“We LOVED everything about it”
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Don't be thrown off by the exterior, once you enter the door you will be transported to a delicious and friendly place :) My boyfriend, my two-year old daughter and I went to Thai Dee on a Saturday night. We ordered the satay for an appetizer and really enjoyed the spicy dipping sauce. For my meal, I ordered Beef Panang Noodles. The curry sauce is DELICIOUS. I will be licking it out of the bottom of my take-out box :) My boyfriend ordered Moo Ping for his meal. The peanut sauce wasn't the best I've ever had but still very good. The service was outstanding. Everyone in the restaurant was very friendly and checked with us multiple times to make sure everything was to our liking. We will definitely go back.

• Visited May 2011
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice people but HORRIBLE food”
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I've been here two times, for lunch. First time had chicken with lemon grass and it was very bland, nothing exciting, chicken was over-boiled. Thought I would give it another try, maybe I ordered the wrong thing. 3 of us got take-out. Had chicken with red curry. The chicken was on the verge of going bad. I cook a lot so I know the the smell and it directly correlates to the flavor the chicken had. The curry sauce was the most bland I had ever tasted. It was very runny -- not thick and flavorful like it should be. Had the pad thai -- was decent but once again, the spoiled chicken ruined it. Had a beef dish with onion and peppers -- can't temember the name but the beef was a cheap cut and it was chewy and sinewy. Had to spit part of it out, really. We actually threw the food out -- it was just that bad. There are a lot of great thai restaurants in san antonio -- this is not one of them.

3 Thank SanAntonio_TexasJenz
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Solid neighborhood Thai...”
Reviewed August 13, 2008

Solid neighborhood Thai, cheap.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This is the best Thai food in San Antonio. I have never had a dish here I did not like. Their coconut ice cream with...”
Reviewed August 4, 2008

This is the best Thai food in San Antonio. I have never had a dish here I did not like. Their coconut ice cream with sticky rice has yet to be topped.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook