“Expected better of a Residence Inn”

Residence Inn San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland
Ranked #123 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed July 26, 2010

My husband and I have stayed at other Residence Inns in the past and have never had a complaint until this stay in San Antonio. We were there for about 9 days. We stayed in a Studio room, 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa with a kitchen and sitting area. I have 9 month old twin boys that like to crawl around. After 10 mintues of my little boys crawling around, his legs and tops of his feet were BLACK!!! I looked at my feet and they were black as well. It was so gross. I threw a few of our baby blankets on the floor for them to play on, but it just wasn't enough. After a few days of constantly scrubbing their legs and picking out hair from thier toes, we finally left a note for Housekeeping and when we came back from the zoo, they were cleaning the carpets and scrubbing the dark spots. It was nice that they were taking care of it, but it didn't help at all, my boys legs were still black everyday.

On a plus side, the staff is very friendly and the breakfast every morning was a nice treat.

The place does look nice from the outside, but the rooms are dirty and the wall paper is peeling. The room felt like a damp tent most of the nights. Now I know that Texas in the summer is really hot, but even with the A/C the sheets felt damp and it was just a very uncomfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland

Reviewed July 24, 2010

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite. Includes 2 bathrooms. 1 king bed and 1 queen bed. Nice full sized kitchen and a nice sitting area. Great for small family!

Nice breakfast buffet in the mornings and the staff was amazing. Hotel was spotless--everytime we walked somewhere in the hotel people were busy cleaning the common areas.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I stayed here with my extended family for three nights. Since we had 6 people in our group, I reserved a two bedroom suite. While the lobby and the grounds of the hotel look fairly new and clean, our suite had some obvious signs of wear and tear. The most obvious was the numerous spots and sticky substance (like honey) on the carpet. After using a hotel washcloth to scrub up the sticky spots and some of the most obvious dirt spots, the washcloth was black and I decided not to spend my vacation scrubbing the carpet on my hands and knees. We mentioned the carpet to the front desk the next morning and it was obviously vacuumed thoroughly when we returned in the evening, but the dirt spots still remained. The carpet needs to be thoroughly cleaned which I understand they couldn't do while we were occupying the room.
My husband and son tried to go to a movie at the theater in front of the hotel but after seeing the police cars in the parking lot and police officers in the lobby of the theater, plus the numerous questionable-looking teens/young adults just hanging out in the area, they decided it probably wasn't very safe. Two of those type of teens came into the hotel lobby one evening asking us where the water fountain was and then if we knew were the hotel manager was (who wasn't at the front desk at the time). The hotel manager told them there was no water fountain and they left the building but hung out in the hotel parking lot for awhile (we stayed there watching them to make sure nothing happened to our car). These two incidents made us feel that this hotel is probably not in the safest area of town.
On a positive note, the furnishings of the hotel were nice, the bed was very comfortable, and the people who worked at the hotel were pleasant and helpful. Overall, this Residence Inn was acceptable but I'll find a different hotel the next time I'm in San Antonio.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2010

This was one of the best hotel experiences ive ever had! The hotel was gorgeous, the service was amazing, especially with the managers, the rooms were wonderful and clean, the food was great and the location was down right awesome! Would definitely come back here and give it 5 stars across the board!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrtk2schol
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I have traveled to this location many times do to the absolutley amazing staff, not to mention the great location! The staff is always friendly and very helpful. They are understanding that children do not always behave in hotels. The pool is great, the breakfast is awesome, and the dinners that they do on occation are great too! Mr. Porter is always happy to see us return,he greets us with a BIG SMILE and "How have you been?" and " Glad to see you back with us."

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2010

Staff at this Hotel was great. The kids enjoyed the pool. Breakfest was very good and well prepard. You can tell the stafff enjoys what the do.We all felt very welcome and the little personal decrations make you fell some what at home. Thank you for making our stay wonderful. Dean and Jan Stowe

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2010

Too many times when I am traveling with my kids, we book a room advertised as a "One Bedroom Suite" and it turns out to be a single L-shaped room with a bed in the nook. This hotel, however, is exactly as advertised. The room was HUGE, with granite counters & modern appliances in the kitchen area, a comfortable sleeper sofa, and a real bedroom with a nice queen-sized bed. We even had a rollaway bed and could still walk around with ease. And having 2 large flat screen TVs allowed the kids & the parents to unwind separately. The room would make a spectacular apartment.

The two things that kept it from being an excellent stay were the breakfast and the hot tub. I know not to expect much from a continental breakfast, but while there was a lot of variety, the hot items were a bit bland & having trouble staying hot. Hardly a deal breaker, as we made up for it with fruit & cereal. Also, the hot tub was not operational during our stay. No points deducted from the hotel, as I understand mechanical malfunctions. Be a good soak would have been quite relaxing.

I joined the Marriott Rewards program due to my continued good luck with their properties, and this one made them proud. The staff was very helpful & cordial, and the common areas were stylish, attractive, and functional. I will stay here again if my travels bring me back to San Antonio.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business