“Got Suckered”

Ranked #111 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas
“Got Suckered”
Reviewed July 26, 2009

This was my second time staying at this hotel. The first time, which was two weeks ago everything was great so, upon check-out I made reservations to come again.

First of all I asked if I could be placed back in rm#108 and was told that that room was not available during that time, but rm#106 would be. This was fine so I said ok. When I arrived I was given room #128 and was told rm#106 was not available. So of course I took rm#128 because we had just driven from Dallas and the kids were ready to go to Sea World.

To make a long story short the plumbing in the tub was backed up and there were no other rooms available. How gross!!! So we ended up taking wash offs. Called the front desk and the security guy came with a toilet plunger to plung the tub. Double gross!!!! The following morning I talked to the manager and she said it would be taken care of. My family and I got back around 3:00pm on saturday from the park and the problem still was not taken care of. I called the front desk and she did not know what I was talking about so I had to explain what was going on to her when this should have been done by her manager. The problem from friday at 1030pm was finally taken care of by 1030pm on sat. Not to mention the tub was left filthy by the maintance man.

If this is type of service you want for the price you pay enjoy.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank gobabygo01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Chicago
Reviewed July 20, 2009

My family had a 2 bedroom suite with 3 queen beds. The suite was decorated with warm colors, modern art, work and had stainless steel appliances. It was very clean and everything looked new. It was spacious and comfortable.

The breakfast buffet had a very good selection and my kids got a kick out of the waffle maker that made waffles in the shape of the state of Texas. The location was very convenient for going to downtown San Antonio or Sea World. The indoor pool was wonderful for cooling off and staying out of the hot Texas summer sun. Nice neighborhood with a shopping mall and movie theater right around the corner. The only negative I can say about this hotel was that the beds were a little hard. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We typically...almost always stay in Marriott hotels. Residence Inns are good options for us as they have true suites which make it easier when traveling with small children. Although a little deceiving having "Sea World" in the name of the property. It's not actually near the park but the hotel is in a decent location if traveling to Sea World (15 minute drive).

Overall the stay was average, but not near as good as other Marriotts in San Antonio. We stayed 3 nights and I had interactions with different shifts at the front desk. Each time the staff acted as if they did not have time for my questions. I am really a low maintenance traveler. The only request I had was for an extra blanket. I asked the lady at the front desk at 9:30...waited until 11:30...no blanket ever came.

Breakfast options were OK, but have had better at the Towne Place Suites in San Antonio. The breakfast area is so small and gets so busy that it is very difficult to get any item that you want. This happened all three mornings.

For a newer hotel, the carpet in our room had lots of stains and carpeting in the elevators were filthy. Fabric on couch looked dirty and roll away bed was VERY uncomfortable.

With all the complaining I would actually stay here again, if nothing else for the location and the guarantee of getting a true suite.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Michigan
Reviewed June 2, 2009

Me and my parents were staying at this hotel in San Antonio during Easter weekend because we needed to be close to my grandmother who lives in a retirement high-rise near Lackland AFB. The hotel is located right off of I-410 (right before Ingram Park Mall), and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. One night I walked over to Bennigans and walked back to Residence Inn without any problems. There's also a movie theater nearby, but I decided not to go there. We stayed in a double-queen studio with free wireless internet and a full kitchen. My parents had dinner at Bill Miller's BBQ and stored their leftovers in a refrigerator--very useful. The hot breakfast was OK, but they didn't have a lot of choices. The water in the pool is way too cold, but the hot tub was just right. Should we visit San Antonio again in the future, this will be one of our preferred hotels.

• Stayed April 2009
Reviewed March 26, 2009

This hotel just opened within the past year so everything is brand new. The management is very friendly. They have a wonderul indoor heated pool, one of the few of this variety which I have found looked clean enough to swim in. I had a wonderful swim. No one else was at the pool at 8:30 p.m. There is a very reasonably priced Chinese buffet just up the roas.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 25, 2009

We stayed at the Residence Inn Seaworld during a family vacation to San Antonio. My husband is preparing for a deployment to Iraq. So we were looking for a nice family oriented relaxing vacation and boy we found it. I was also very surprised that we received a significant military discount on a 2 bedroom suite, which is unusual. Most hotels will only give a military discount on their cheapest room. Not Residence Inn Seaworld.
The staff were amazing. The hotel rooms were spacious and clean. The hotel was centrally located to all attractions.

THE STAFF;From the first time I called the hotel right up until check out, the staff made me feel as if we were the only guests in the hotel. Discpite being full. The staff was helpful with directions, finding local attractions, as well as answering general questions.

THE HOTEL AND ROOMS: The rooms were spacious, clean, and well decorated. The rooms were equiped with refrigirator, stove, microwave, coffee pot, pots, and dishes. They hava fitness room, laundry room, and indoor pool. They supplied a pack-n-play for our infant. I only have a couple of issues. The first is that the walls are thin, But in the hotels defense, we found that there was 12 kids in the room above us. The second is that the rooms were not very toddler friendly. Not terrible but inconvient at times, such as sharp corners of the furniture.

AMENITIES: The hotel also offers some new amenties such as grocery shopping at no charge. and the typical laundry, dry cleaning as well as a little market at the front desk, which has candy, ice cream, drinks, microwave meals but It was a bit expensive.

HOTEL BREAKFAST AND HOSPITALITY HOUR. The breakfast were nice with the typical, cereal, waffles, eggs, yogurt, fruit, sausage, etc. It was good and it really saves a bundle in time and $$$. We only attended 2 evenings of hospitatly hour. They serve different things each night. Night 1 was cheese, crackers, muffins, etc. Night 2 was hamburgers.

GREAT LOCATION: The hotel was located about 10 mins to Seaworld, 20 mins from the Zoo, 25 mins from the Riverwalk. There is also Texas Roadhouse, Bennigahns, Toco Bell, KFC all within .5.

I hope this helped. I would defiently recommend this to anyone visiting San Antonio even those with small children just be prepared to rearrange the furniture.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Heathersimba
Columbia Maryland
Reviewed October 29, 2008

I will be a Residence Inn patron for life!!! It was by far the best hotel i have ever stayed at. Normally, i leave reviews only if hotels are less than mediocre or absolutely worth it- if its in between, i don't bother. I have stayed at many in between hotels for both business and pleasure; and i gotta say, this hotel was by far the best one- ever!
Brand new, modern decor, clean, smells new, great kitchen, space huge! We had a 2Qsuite and a 1Kbed. Both were huge!
The breakfast was amazing! Hot foods with great selection. I think i would book a room just for the breakfast and cocktails. That's how good it was.
Affordable yet quality of a resort. The service was impeccable. The staff always smiling (southern charm that us north easterners lack), kind, attentive. I can't say enough about the staff, they were so nice!!!
Convenient location. The location was right off the highway: many restaurants and things to do in the area. Close to downtown. A bit far from the airport but that wasn’t a big deal for us.

When i read the less than promising review below, i had to double check and make sure i was looking at the right hotel! Just in case if i haven't made myself clearer- have you ever been to a hotel that you didn’t want to leave? This was it! I think i said it 100 times before i left that i didn't want to leave. I even told the guy who sat next to me on the plane about how great this hotel was. I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone! families, getaways, especially extended stays.

Hope this was helpful...

• Liked — room was clean, big, kitchen- breakfast, service, internet, free tolietries (great since all we had were carryons - no liquids)
  • Disliked — Didnt have a DVD player- Might be a problem for extended stay patrons. We bought a cable at walmart and connected it to the laptop.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank LoveLife82