“Best Hospitality Ever!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #117 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Savannah, Georgia
“Best Hospitality Ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

First, to begin with, I have been in the hospitality industry for over 10 years. My wife and I have ate at some of the best high end restaurants in the United States, and we stay in hotels all over. Most of the time, our experience is always just average, but not so at the Residence Inn at Sea World in San Antonio. I have never seen a staff so trained in hospitality and customer service. Every attention to detail was impeccable, and they genuinely care about their guests needs. Robert Cantu III, the General Manager, makes sure that every guest is 100% satisfied, and he is one of the best in the business. In a world where hospitality seems to be a dead art, this hotel surpasses every expectation. I felt as if we were staying at a 4 star hotel with the way we were treated by the staff. We were welcomed with warm arms as if we were family. If you are ever in San Antonio, look no further, this is the place!
Ryan Dunn

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert C, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Mr. Dunn,
Thank You for the kind words about our hospitality. I will pass along your comments to my staff.
I hope your trip to New Orleans went well. If I am ever in Savannah, GA I will take the AFTERLIFE TOURS. Maybe I will see a GHOST!!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The staff was outstanding! Everyone spoke to you, saying hello. Anything you needed or asked for was done with a smile on their faces. The rooms are spacious and have everything you need. The breakfast had lots of choices and the social evenings were a hit. They were also very accommodating for a late check-out with having our graduate with us. I really cannot recommend this hotel enough - either for a graduation or just to visit Sea World and San Antonio. It was close and easy to get to. But again, the staff made it all the better! Stay there - you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Donna W
Robert C, Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Donna W,
Thank You for the kind words about our service. We take pride in making our guest feel welcomed. I will let our staff know how you feel about them.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

We travel alot- but usually rent condos or single homes.Staying here was perfect. The staff was exceptional. They give you a 5 star service. They are ready and available at all times. Our room was great. The pillow top mattress was perfect. The breakfast had alot of choices. The adjustable shower heads provided hot forceful water. It was quiet. Plenty of places to eat nearby. Movie theater next door. The family style dinners included in the stay was very enjoyable. My husband was thrilled with free beer!

• Stayed December 2013
pegleg6,
WOW. Thank You for the 5 Star comment. It is always a pleasure to impress seasoned travelers.
If you are ever back in our area please look us up.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

We have been in this hotel for nearly a month. Our home is nearby, but a pipe burst in our kitchen and we have been displaced while repairs have been made. While I do not like the circumstances that have pushed us into living in a hotel suite, I can give a fair assessment of our stay at this hotel for anyone who is curious enough to ask. I can tell you that our heat & a/c was out of service for a week until a part was delivered and the repair was made today. I was offered another room, but declined because we have a lot of personal items moved into this hotel room. I can tell you that our bathroom light flickers on & off and could induce a seizure. The bathroom fan is extremely noisy. The neighboring rooms are sometimes pretty loud. Little spots of wear & tear are seen in different places around the hotel. But if you want to know what really matters, I can tell you that the staff here is honest. They work hard. The ladies who prepare the hot breakfast each day and during the evening meal/snacks on the weeknights are very hospitable, and they treat everyone like they really do matter. When I come back late each evening from my work place, the clerk at the front desk asks me how my day went. Everyone seems as curious as I am as to how the work on the house is progressing. The linens are clean. The showers are hot. The mattresses are extra firm. The wi-fi is great (even at the heated indoor pool). In any kind of business, you could have the best of facilities and still have poor service. Long story short: as a business, you can only be as the good as the people who represent your company. This hotel has a done a solid job in accommodating us and good customer service is what gives them such high praise. Anyone who has a bad stay here... I would venture to say that there is not a single place in town that could accommodate them.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank hipntrippy
hipntrippy,
We appreciate feedback form our extended guest. I am glad to read that we overcame some issues with our customer service. We know from time to time we will make mistakes or come up a little short but we take pride in making it right wth our guest. Thank you for the positive comments.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

From the decor to the customer service, we were thoroughly impressed with this hotel. As soon as we arrived, the manager upgraded us from a 1-bedroom to a 2-bedroom (still not sure why). With 2 kids, I did not complain. The kitchen was upgraded and there was plenty of space for everyone. The on-site manager checked on us each time we went past the lobby. When we needed a cookie sheet, he looked throughout the hotel to find us one. The housekeeping staff was very friendly. The pool was heated, which was a great amenity given the temperature in TX had dropped into the 40s the week we visited. Overall, this was a great stay!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert C, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Cicelymb,
It is a joy to read that we impressed you with our customer service. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guest. We also like to surprise them with an upgarde when ever possible.
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We visited recently with two families in tow to attend the BMT graduation at Lackland AFB. From my very first call (with Cowboy Robert) to the property months in advance to inquire about rates to the moment we walked out the door (shaking Cowboy Robert's hand), we were made to feel welcome like family. The Residence Inn concept is great by itself but coupled with people that truly care that you are comfortable and have everything you need, there is no match. Thanks to all for a great stay!

1 Thank RLMINVA
RLMINVA,
I am proud to read that Cowboy Robert made you feel like family. He always goes up and beyond for our guest to ensure they have the best stay possible. Congratulations to you and your Airman.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Love this hotel. Good breakfast selection and evening social hour 4 nights of the week. Friendly staff and updated furnishing. In door pool- so bring your swim suit.
Came for work and the hotel provided free internet that was reasonably fast. Close to walmart, post office and runs along the main hwy.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank WHTZOMBGAL
Robert C, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
We Thank You for the positive comments about our Hotel. We hope that when your work brings you back to our area again we will be your Hotel of choice.