“Great Place Away From the River”

Residence Inn San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland
Ranked #127 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I am frequently a visitor to the San Antonio area for business and travel. When I am in town for business, I want a place to unwind and disconnect from the daily grind. This is the perfect place for exactly that. When I am in the area, I love staying here because the management and staff are very friendly and attentive. I find it great as a place if you are in the city for business and require a clean, comfortable and safe place to stay (without feeling like a tourist). The manager is probably one of the friendliest people you will meet and his staff is just as friendly. Give them a chance to make your business stay or your visit to the Sea World area a pleasant one. This location is also located near a theatre and several restaurants that will meet your needs.

Room Tip: If you have a preference, state it at the time of check in or after making the reservation. If your...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights on the 1st floor by the lobby and let me tell you it was very loud and the wi-fi sucked even though I figured id get better service knowing that I was by the lobby it wasn't happening. Let me tell ya even though those 2 things made me mad the customer service was impressive. Outstanding service guys! Didn't have to break the bank eating out as their mon-thur after 5 snack time was outrageously fulfilling. Loved my stay. I would recommend a facelift on the place though. Loved all the amenities.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We (4 adults, a teenager and 5 year old) stayed at this hotel for 5 nights to attend our oldest grandson's BMT Graduation at Lackland AFB. There was a mixup in our initial reservations made in January for March 13-18, but is was rectified by the General Manager, Robert Cantu, before our arrival. Mr. Cantu is the best hotel manager we have experienced. He was always around checking with the guests. He definitely makes himself available . In our opinion, the hotel is an ideal location for BMT Graduation. It is right off 410, which made it easy for our driver (my husband) and our navigator (our daughter) to get us around. We flew to San Antonio the day before Graduation, picked up our mini van rental, was at the hotel in a short time, checked in early, and went directly to Lackland with no problem to tour the base. We have DoD ID cards so we were able to get onto base a day early (no we couldn't see our grandson), but we familiarized ourselves with the base layout, etc. The Salt Grass and Texas Roadhouse restaurants are a short walk from the hotel, both of which were very good. Our studio was extremely clean and comfortable. Breakfast, which is included, wasn't ready the days we had to leave early for the base, but there was enough out for us to have something on the run. Very much appreciated!!! The other days, the variety and quality of the food on the breakfast bar was great. A couple of evenings we were around to take advantage of the hotel's reception -- food and drinks. We loved the outside patio between the lobby and the indoor pool area. We met so many nice people, a lot of them were there for the same reason as we. The staff and other patrons thanked our grandson for his service the times he got to come there with us. The hotel was at full capacity and we were never bothered by noise from others. Also, parking is free and located onsite at this hotel. If you plan to attend BMT Graduation, it would be very wise to check out this hotel first and to book early. Thanks to Mr. Cantu and the staff for contributing to our wonderful memories of this special occasion in San Antonio. Keep up the good work. We are very, very proud of our Airman!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Let me start with the good because it far outweighs the bad.

The Manager has his name and cell phone number listed in various locations throughout the hotel all I can say is WOW, to want to take care of your guests to this length is amazing. We never had to call it I am proud to say. Every person we encountered was beyond friendly and the hotel was booked to capacity for Spring Break.

Check in was great,

I was disappointed there were no baking pans, pizza or cake ANYTHING to put in the oven and it has one. The girl at the front desk the day I asked for one sent the security guard up with pots and pans but I needed something to go in the oven. Again, how great is it that the security guard would go to these lengths? He went and came back with tin foil which was all I needed. AWESOME THANKS TO HIM!

Breakfast while it wasn't the best in the world was plenty, kept stocked and cleaned by one woman and the hotel manager who was helping her and walking around talking to guests.

The customer service here went ABOVE AND BEYOND! I am very impressed.

Now the bad things that I would work on fixing ASAP if I were the hotel manager...

The pool was steaming hot for the first 4 out of 5 days we spent there, I guess he really didn't know but he fixed it and asked my daughter if it was better (it was) I guess maybe someone told him and he corrected it.

The sofa was dirty looking as well as the desk chair torn up (I read this in another review as well) it wouldn't take much to clean it and replace the chairs. I did notice that housekeeping wasn't Five Stars but figured they might be skimping due to being so crowded. There were dirty spots around the room in various places on the walls and doors that needed to be cleaned up. ALL QUICK INEXPENSIVE FIXES, I would make fast.

The only real disappointment was our first night 3-16-2013, I had asked for extra towels and pillows (because we don't ask for housekeeping every day) and there weren't any in the room. I also asked to be in a quiet location on a high floor. We were on 2nd floor by the stairs...NOT QUIET at all, especially during spring break and at full capacity. I dealt with that.

I did go to the front desk for extra towels and pillows, he said there weren't any there but he would get some out of storage and bring them up OR call and let me know he couldn't find any....neither of which happened. I was disappointed in that because everyone else there was so much more into their jobs than I have ever seen.

Overall a 4 star experience and we will stay again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We (my husband, my parents, my five year old, and my oldest son's girlfriend and myself) stayed 4 nights to attend my son's BMT graduation at Lackland AFB. It was convenient and easy to get to the Valley Hi Gate. It is right off of 410 making travel easy. The employees from management to cleaning staff went out of their way to make the stay pleasant. They helped with directions, forgotten items we needed, and even searched for some ear plugs one night when my snoring roommates sent me to the lobby at 2 am from frustration. The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was great and they even had some ready on the days we had to be on base before breakfast was to be served. There is a Salt Grass and Texas Roadhouse in walking distance. Each time my new graduate visited he was thanked for his service. We travel quite a bit, and for the price this is a great place.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for Spring Break and really wasn't impressed.

Rooms were ok...we were in a one-bedroom suite. The bed was hard as heck! I couldn't believe it. Chair at the desk was torn on edges, couch just didn't look clean..made my kids put a blanket down before sitting. After a long day at seaworld I wanted a bath...omg the tub was so little! And I'm not a big person. It was a decent room just not what I expected from Marriott.

Pool - kids never got in as it looked nasty in the pool area..

Exercise room small..didn't go in.

Free breakfast- a joke.. food was not good and the area is so small that it was simply a crowded mess. I will say the management and staff were in the area the entire time and were very helpful and also did their best to keep the place tidy. I would not recommend wasting time with this option.

Snack area...sad and simply over priced..

Just honestly disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Shandra_12
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My family and I spent four nights at this Residence Inn. After driving here from PA we were exhausted. There were six of us all together - my parents, my husband and I, a 16 year old and a 12 year old. We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite. It was PERFECT for us! The room was very clean and comfortable. We had plenty of room to spread out. The staff there is so polite and helpful. On the Saturday that we were there we brought our son back to the room with us so that we could just relax and catch up. Every time he walked by the desk he was thanked for his service. The staff is all very friendly. This Inn is within walking distance to a large cineplex theater, two steak houses and a KFC/Taco Bell.
The pool was clean, the breakfast was great and they started it early on the days that we had to go to the base early (loved the Texas shaped waffles), the room service good. We would DEFINITELY stay here again.
I would like to thank the two men that worked at the desk for making this trip a little easier for us! It wouldn't have been the same without them!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family