“Going back to the Hyatt”

Residence Inn San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland
Ranked #111 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Lewisville, Texas
“Going back to the Hyatt”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband decided to book the hotel for our Sea World trip at the Residence Inn San Antonio Seaword. I went online to check it out and it looked like a nice place to stay. We liked the fact that it had a kitchen area so we could cook like we were at home. Well when we opend up the cabinet and pulled out some dishes we noticed that dried food had been left on the plate and there were no pots and pan like it was advertised online. We had to put a napkin over the plate just to eat our ordered in pizza in. Also, I out a slip under the pillow for the bed to be changed. Well when we got to our room about 12 midnight I pulled the cover back to notice a stain ( browinsh; lilke someone trying to make a baby) well I too he drape that was over the bed for decor and placed it where the spot was due to it was to late to call the maid and I was very tired from Sea World and walking all day long. Also, when they say full breakfast I guess it does not include any type of meat. One last thing I understood that it was pet friendly but not at breakfast...please . Not happy at all with this stay. I also tried to email the General Manager but the email kept coming back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Nsekpong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Houston
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I love these types of hotels. Where you don't get the concierge or room service, but what they have instead more than make up for those things. For instance, they have free breakfast and not toast and muffins, but a full breakfast with fresh waffles, eggs, and different meat daily. They have free parking and free internet. They will deliver groceries to you for free. They have plenty of room for a family, even a separate living room and bedroom. The beds are super soft and nice and the place is just spotlessly clean! When we called for a portable crib, it was delivered within 5 minutes (have never experience that timeliness with any hotels, even the pricey ones).
Highway is close by without being too close. There's a movie theather next door if you're going to be there a while. There are restaurants all around and a mall as well.
They even provide free shuttle service to San Antonio attractions like Seaworld, Riverwalk, Fiesta Texas.
Now when I travel, I first look for a Residence Inn.

1 Thank tnarladni
ttribby, Owner at Residence Inn San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you for your kind words regarding our Residence Inn hotel. The fact that you could not have asked for better is definitely something that we are proud of. We strive to provide our guests with the best customer service and to make them as comfortable as possible. We know that there are many hotels in the area and is important to set ourselves apart from the rest. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to San Antonio!
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I came to this Residence Inn, not expecting a whole lot, just becuase of the price that I got. "You get what you pay for" But I received so much more than what I paid for. The rooms were very spacious for myself, husband, and my 14 year old. It had a king bed, which was very comfortable, and then the couch in the living room pulled out into a bed, and that's where my child slept. The kitchen in the room was nice, so that we could cook and buy groceries, which in turned helped save us money from eating out every night. I was even informed at check in about a grocery service they had. All I had to do was leave a list at the front desk, and when I got back to my room that evening, all the groceries were put away. Such a nice ammenity when you dont have time to go to the store, but want to cook when you get home. The breakfast was good, lots of different things to eat, healthy options too, and it had different things every morning. I didn't utilize the indoor pool, but my son did, and he liked it! They also have a sports court outside, and they have basketballs you can use. It was in close distance to a lot of restaurants. There is a movie theater next door, and a mall across the street. The staff was beyond exceptional, especially the ladies at the front desk. Always with a smile on their faces and ready to help in any way possible. Thanks to the managers at the hotel for making our stay an enjoyable one. We will be back!!

1 Thank trustyadvisor
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel! I was excited to read this review based on the title alone. We definitely strive to be the best and it is good to hear that we lived up to that. We look for ways to set ourselves apart from other hotels, and one way we do that is with our grocery service. We understand that traveling can be expensive and stressful and that sometimes it is nice to come back and have a home cooked meal. We are glad that you got more than what you payed for and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2011

This was our first stay at this hotel and we loved it. We just returned from a trip to Sea World and stayed at this hotel. I can't say anything bad about it.

Rooms are spacious, clean and look new. We had a room with two doubles and a sofa-bed and it was almost like a small apartment. The kitchenette had a full-sized stainless steel refrigerator, full-sized dishwasher, microwave, garbage disposal and two burners plus a table to seat four people.

The hotel was quiet and we slept well there.

The hotel has also posted a "Strangers Prayer" in the elevator and in the room. It's a very nice, warm message from the manager of the hotel that made us feel that they are really trying to make people feel welcome. I so appreciate when people are working to do a good job.

Also, the young lady at the front desk was really sweet to us. She rummaged around in a drawer to find my son a sticker when he lost the one he got from Sea World. And later, when I realized I hadn't brought any contact solution, she let me borrow hers that she had with her. Very nice.

Super service, nice clean hotel, good breakfast buffet. We bought annual passes to Sea World so this hotel be our home base next time we're back in San Antonio.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your glowing review of our Residence Inn property! We loved that you loved us! We take great pride in our customer service and making our guests as comfortable as possible. We strive to set ourselves apart from other hotels in this manner. We are honored to be your home away from home and look forward to seeing you on your next stay in San Antonio!
Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Very nice room design. Clean and in perfect location.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 28, 2010

When we checked in, they gave us a room that hadn't been completely cleaned. Then we waited for them to clean it. Then when getting the linens for the sofa bed, we realized the prevoius guest must have put the linens back in the bag and the maid hadn't noticed the linens were soiled.

So we called the front desk and asked for new linens. They told us we would have to get them ourselves because the only staff on duty was the front desk and they were busy. We were told that security shows up at 10:00 and they would bring new linens then.

The same thing occured the next evening when we requested new towels because they had not cleaned our room. There were no signs indicating that rooms were not cleaned daily. Anyway, since they again didn't have anyone to bring towels to our room, I went down an collected towels. They gave me three floor mats, one hand towel, and one bath towel.

About 15 minutes after I returned with the towels, the boyfriend of the front desk person showed up at the door with bed linens and a blanket?

We complained without success at the times when they messed up. We did receive an email receipt after leaving showing that they had "comped" one night's stay so our bill was only for one night instead of two.

I felt sorry for the front desk person. It wasn't her fault that the maid service failed to clean or the staffing wasn't enough to take care of customer needs.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I have to compliment the hotel and it's staff members. The daily Hot breakfast was great and The evening social hour time was enjoyable. My room was neatly kept and being a working mother of 2 I so enjoyed being pampered with the little things. I was there during Bad weather and the electricity was out for around 8 hours and the staff went out of their way and beyond to accomodate the guests. Thank you very much to the staff at San Antonio Seaworld Resident Inn Marriot. YOU WERE GREAT!!!! I will definitely stay again and recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business