“Great variety of fresh creations”

Wasabi Sushi Bistro and Sake Pub
Ranked #550 of 4,696 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Japanese, Pub
Reviewed August 6, 2014

First time here and my business group really enjoyed it. Wait staff was very attentive bringing menus, miso soup and drinks quickly. There are so many choices we needed him to coma back three times. Very fresh with variety of sushi, sashimi, rolls and regional dishes. Must have the Monkey bombs - incredible. Nice place, not real busy, weekday specials, some happy hour specials but very focused on a few things. For a sake bar I did not see a lot of varieties to offer but I could have missed it. We were staying next door at the Omni hotel and highly recommend if you are in the area

There are newer reviews for Wasabi Sushi Bistro and Sake Pub

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Went here recently for lunch and got the Bulgogi lunch special. Very good and a lot on the plate. Of course a nice helping of bulgogi, then tempura veggies with dipping sauce, small salad, 4 pieces of a california roll, rice and miso soup. Great price and good service.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stopped here on a small family trip, since my husband wanted to indulge my sushi craving. The service is not great--for example, they brought our complimentary miso soup about 15-20 min. after our arrival. Waitress came by 5-10 min. after we arrived to take our drink order (the restaurant was not busy at all). Really disappointed with the service. I ordered the Ichiba roll, which was prepared well & tasted good. I would order that again, but my husband (not a sushi fan) had the beef/chicken teppenyaki plate. It was not only poorly seasoned, but basically it was poor quality meat (very fatty beef & overcooked chicken pieces) sauteed in what tasted & looked like two cups of oil. So greasy my husband did not eat very much even though we were starved after a busy day of shopping with a 2-month old. Disappointed. Wouldn't go back again even though the sushi was great. Service needs to improve as does the rest of their menu!

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Great Sushi/Sashimi. First time here and loved it. Very fresh food and great service. Miso Soup was great. Also had Salmon Sashimi which had a great, fresh taste. Had Salmon Roe (Ikura). This can be tricky if not fresh but theirs was very fresh and great!

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Very good selection of rolls. Nothing is really overpriced and the rolls are good sized. The happy hour lets you save a few bucks on some rolls. Appetizers are great too! Get jalapeño bombs!