“Nice mid-range Riverwalk hotel”

Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #45 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, GA
“Nice mid-range Riverwalk hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

We visited for a long weekend in August. The staff was very nice at every interaction. Our rooms were nice, clean, quiet and functional. We had balconies with a city view high over the Riverwalk. A big positive was the Starbuck's/Bistro in the back of the hotel which has nice options for breakfast. The pool is slightly larger than a bathtub which made us laugh a little. It would be fine if you had small children. We'd definitely stay again with the great central location right on the Riverwalk.

Room Tip: Ask for a Riverwalk view and a lower level for a good one.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ATL-travel71
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to the Courtyard Riverwalk. We appreciate having the opportunity to be your host during your recent visit to San Antonio and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

D. Rao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for a weekend visit to San Antonio. Location good. Breakfast burrito in the bistro was super (what a surprise)! Our room was a bit weathered. See photos of mold and desk chair. Desk staff was pleasant. All in all the facilities were just OK- nothing bad but nothing to "write home about"

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShammyAngelTipsy
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to the Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk. Only through honest guest feedback are we able to improve the level of service we provide to our guests on a daily basis.

Please accept my apologies for the challenges you experienced in your guest room. Clearly we failed to meet your expectations as well as our own. I can assure you I will be sharing your comments and photos with my Housekeeping and Engineering team so that we can improve on the procedures we have in place to address the issues you noted.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to San Antonio in the near future so that we can show you proper Marriott service and cleanliness.

Mooresville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Check in at 6:30pm last night to a rude front desk person, we are not off to a great start. There are cars piled up at the entrance, I can barely get to the door, one vehicle is literally 4 feet from the entrance. I circle my way through the maze of cars, the valets look on like nothing is wrong. I rush to dinner with clients at Bella on the River, great place, I'll review that separately, get back to my room at 10:00pm. I have a 6:55am flight to Charlotte, so I need to be up at 4:45am. Fall asleep at about 10:45, only to be waken by my in-room phone blaring at 12:45AM!!!!. I answer, it's the front desk, who dialed the wrong number and brought me out of a deep sleep. She quickly tells me, "ooops wrong room" and hangs up, before I can unleash a mouthful of obscenities, after all in her world, sleep is CLEARLY over rated. Never again...avoid this place like the plague....if these people worked for me, I'd fire the whole lot of them......

Room Tip: Avoid this place
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Kevin S
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk. I apologize that your stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your honest feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. I will be personally speaking with the Front Desk clerk that mistakenly called your room; this is an unfortunate error that will be addressed immediately. While our front drive has a small footprint, our valet team is normally able to keep up with the amount of traffic that flows in and out of the building. I will review the parking log with the team to ensure they understand the importance of keeping the space clear for arriving guests in the afternoon.

Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Riverwalk
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Had to pay $30 a night for parking!!! The other downfall was no continental breakfast. Other than those two downfalls, this hotel was pretty nice. Quiet part of the Riverwalk, but close to all the action. Clean rooms and bathrooms is always a major plus. Housekeeping was great everyday.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Lily S

Due to our downtown location on the Riverwalk, parking availability is limited. The city does offer parking in a few different garages around town for a lower fee, however each time you leave the garage you have to pay. I will be sharing your comments regarding breakfast availability to our Marriott brand team; currently Courtyard hotels do not offer any complimentary breakfast options at any of our locations.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Riverwalk dinesh.rao@marriott.com
Hoover, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a very comfortable, quiet and conveniently located hotel. The courtyard is right on the riverwalk. We were upgraded to a room with a balcony facing the city and we could see a small corner of the Riverwalk. The balcony was very small and you could stand but not sit on the balcony. This hotel does not have a free breakfast but does have a Bistro. The hotel pool is very very small. The day we wanted to swim the pool was occupied by a group of children.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to the Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk. My team and I are continuously looking for ways to improve and appreciate your honest feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to San Antonio in the near future.

Tampico, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

On the river. Super nice and rooms. Great staff. within 1 block ok the best restaurants on the river including A Cenar and Las Cascadas. No noise. Upper floors have fire works views during holidays. Can buy a variety of goods in the mini store or café in the back. We always use this as our get away place.

Room Tip: We have stayed on lower and upper floors and all are quiet. The upper floors could have fire works...
Green Features: They are standard throughout the Marriott brand. They are definitely paying attention.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank your for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to the Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk. My team and I strive to make every guests stay a memorable one, I am very happy to see we are succeeding in achieving our goal. We look forward to welcoming you back to San Antonio in the near future.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

This property is very convenient to the Riverwalk, but it is in a quiet section (which is good). It is clean and the rooms were updated and sleek. I definitely would recommend. It has a nice cafe for breakfast with good coffee - and a nice place to relax.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diane115
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Riverwalk during your recent visit to San Antonio. My team and I appreciate the comments you left regarding the hotel and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to San Antonio in the near future.

Courtyard by Marriott - San Antonio Riverwalk