“Enjoyed the location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston
“Enjoyed the location”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This Courtyard has a great location. The hotel is well maintained and the staff most helpful. On the Riverwalk but slightly removed from the bars so that it is both a "quiet" location as well as convenient to the night life.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paul A
Chelsie G, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad the staff was helpful and the location met your needs for your trip to San Antonio.
If you ever find yourself in San Antonio again, we hope we will be able to serve you once again.

Chelsie Green

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This is a relatively new hotel, built in the gap between a Holiday Inn and Drury's. My room on the 15th floor had a good view of San Antonio, with views of the Tower of the Americas, the Alamodrome, and even the funny red statue near the MacDonalds.

Staff are friendly and helpful, and the Bistro is surprisingly good (and affordable). You can use the rear exit to get on to the Riverwalk.

Free WiFi (log in every 24 hours), a comfortable and quiet room, and many useful on-site facilities make this a hotel I would recommend to others.

Room Tip: I suspect the "end" rooms (East or West) have better views than the rooms in the middle, b...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Norman W
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us!
Hopefully the next time you find yourself in San Antonio, we will have the privledge to serve you once again.

Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Everyone here was great during my five night stay. Friendliest staff of any hotel that I can recall. The Bistro restaurant has reasonably priced food selections and has a balcony overlooking the RiverWalk. The rooms are updated and contain refridgerator which helps during a long stay. I will stay here on future trips to San Antonio. You can walk down to the riverwalk from the hotel and have easy access to all the entertainment there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Brian A
Chelsie G, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
I am happy to hear you had a memorable stay that had a clean atmosphere and friendly people.
I hope we will have the opportunity to make your next trip to San Antonio another to remember!
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Riverwalk!
AUSTIN
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I'm a big Marriott fan and love Courtyards, but my last stay at the San Antonio Riverwalk Courtyard has me scratching my head. The hotel installed master switches in their rooms. I have traveled internationally and am familiar with master switches and their benefit for energy conservation. As installed the switches control a couple of lights above the desk and in the bathroom. The problem is that the lights above the desk cannot be switched off. This is okay if you are staying at the hotel by yourself. However, if you are staying with your partner and need to go to the bathroom, you cannot turn on the lights in the bathroom without also turning on the lights in the bedroom - clearly a problem. I'm not sure what they were thinking. Also, the master switch does not control the air conditioner or the TV, so its benefit is significantly lessened. When I brought this up with the hostess at the front desk she just giggled and said that's how the master switch works.

Other than inadvertently turning on the bedroom lights in the middle of the night and then trying to use the bathroom in the dark, the stay was nice. I can recommend this hotel for single travelers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JohnWKing
Kellie S, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I was extremely disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please know that the master switches (a requirement of the city) are certainly not intended to negatively impact the quality of a guest’s sleep or detract from their stay. Based on your feedback, we have begun a room blitz to immediately check these switches to identify any rooms, such as what you have described that were incorrectly wired. Again, thank you for your feedback and know that we will work to resolve this concern immediately.

Kellie Smith
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is a gem of a hotel situated right on the San Antonio, Riverwalk. We are both seasoned travelers and have stayed in hotels all over the world. This hotel was among the very best we have stayed in. What made it so special? To begin with, the staff were so attentive, and in fact they went overboard to make our stay pleasant. Cindy, the maid attending our room, was nothing less than fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble for her. She timed the cleaning of our room so it fitted in with our schedule (even coming to clean at 3.30 PM!), she bought us extra towels, shampoo, conditioner, and white china cups to replace the polystyrene tumblers in the room. She even bought us a special down comforter to use with the bed when the temperature dropped.

One day, the espresso machine broke down in the lobby and one of the staff went down the road and bought me back a Starbucks latte - complimentary!

Another remarkable feature of the hotel was how spotlessly clean it was. Floors were shining bright, mirrors polished, furniture clean - in fact, not a speck of dust or dirt to be seen.

The hotel was also very tastefully decorated. Striking objets d'art, attractive furnishings and carpets were everywhere. Other nice touches were the microwaves and fridges in the room, the pool on the third floor, the pretty bistro downstairs, hotel shop, free wireless internet, multiple computers for everyone's use hooked up directly to printers alongside (your rarely see that!), gorgeous flat screen TVs everywhere, and a back hotel door straight on to the Riverwalk.

Thank you for a wonderful stay Courtyard Riverwalk - we will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: Ask for a Riverwalk facing room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank USAVisitors
Chelsie G, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and spectacular staff. It is truly so great to hear all of the positive feedback about how much the associates love what they do! I will be sure they all see how much of an impact it makes on our guests.
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Riverwalk!
North Carolina
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed there for about a week, while my husband attended a conference at the Convention Center. He was able to walk to the convention center easily. The hotel is right RiverWalk.

The best thing about this hotel was the staff. Each person I encountered during the week was professional and friendly. From one of the managers fluffing sofa cushions in the lobby and stopping by to say hello, to the maintenance guys that I see going about their jobs. Each staff member was helpful.

We had breakfast at the cafe daily. By day 2 they remembered that I didn't want spinach in the breakfast sandwich :-).

I know there are fancier hotels around, and we have stayed in some of them during over convention stays, but I think going forward we will stay here. It's in a quieter part of the RiverWalk and the I truly appreciated the care the staff provided us.

Room Tip: We were in 303 and had a view of the RiverWalk.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RobertsMom
Chelsie G, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you so much for writing such a positive review about the staff here at the Courtyard Riverwalk. It is always so refreshing to hear how great of a job the staff does to make sure your stay is a memorable one. I hope the next time you are in San Antonio we get the opportunity to once again make your stay an amazing experience.
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Courtyard Riverwalk!

Spirit Lake, Iowa
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Courtyard Riverwalk. He's military and I had just a month to plan the wedding from 1300 miles away. Needless to say it was just a little stressful. I talked to Kali and I was so impressed with how prompt she was with everything. She worked with me on everything and contacted vendors for me. Up until the big day the staff was there for everything. It's a beautiful location, literally right on the Riverwalk. When the day finally arrived, the staff actually came to my room to check on me. They were literally there every step of the way. The food was impeccable, everyone was very very impressed. My family all said I did a great job planning the wedding and in all honesty I didn't even do anything. It was all Kali and her staff. We stayed for a week and the rooms are very comfortable and nice as well. If we are ever stationed in San Antonio I will definitely stay here again, and will send all of our family and friends here as well. Thank you so much for everything!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great! We had 6 rooms so I had a chance to see a lot of the different layouts.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shayla M
Kellie S, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor! We know how important your wedding and reception were to you, and are so happy that you were pleased with your entire experience! I especially want to thank you for your kind comments about Kali and the entire events team. I look forward to sharing your feedback with them directly. Please know that it was a pleasure to take care of you and your family during this very special time. I truly hope that when your travels return you to San Antonio that we will see you again! Congratulations and best wishes to you and your husband!

Kellie Smith