“Nice location nice hotel”

Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #53 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Worth, Texas
“Nice location nice hotel”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a very nice stay at this hotel. We booked this hotel as part of a Sea World package, although it's a little bit of a drive to Sea World, this hotel is RIGHT on the Riverwalk which is another attraction we wanted to see while in San Antonio.

Check-in was a breeze, we were out of the car and on our way to the room in less than ten minutes, front desk staff was very friendly. The room we booked was on the 15th floor with a nice view. Room was very clean, and beds were super comfy. If you're a light sleeper, you might want to bring ear plugs because noise from the hallway is pretty loud.

We only stayed one night, and arrived late so we didn't really get to experience everything the hotel has to offer, but we did walk out to Riverwalk and had a bite to eat in their Bistro. It's odd they don't offer room service, but the selection of food there was decent, a lot of healthy options as well as things like pizza and burgers.

My niece wanted to swim, so we headed to check out the pool...and this is the only thing I can say about the place that is negative. The deck and pool area are TINY, almost an afterthought. If there are more than 3 people in the pool you're crowded and you can hardly do 4 strokes before you hit the other side. Space is limited on the deck, as well as seating.

Overall this hotel was perfect for what we needed, and clean with a friendly staff. I'd stay here again if we ever are in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kellie S, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with the Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel. We truly appreciate your comments and were glad to see that you enjoyed our Riverwalk location and our friendly staff. Please come back and stay with us with when you can stay longer! We look forward to the opportunity take care of you the next time you visit the Alamo City.

Kellie Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I came here for a conference at the convention center. Its a really good location I think. Its right off of the riverwalk but not on the main main part. Theres no breakfast unless you pay for it (its overpriced) so I brought food with me. I walked along the riverwalk every day to get to the convention center and it took about 10 minutes but its shaded so it took the direct sunlight away. The room was awesome! Very clean and nice. The only downfall was the bed was a little hard for my taste, the pool was really small and the walls are very thin. In the middle of my stay at 2am this annoying girl next door kept laughing (it was a high pitched laugh). When I say she laughed all night I am not exaggerating she laughed ALL NIGHT! I had to get up for the conference at 9 and she finally stopped but it was the worst night! I was too lazy to call downstairs but next time I will because I really feel the front desk would have come to shut her up. We took Megabus (Megabus station is about a good 10 minute walk from the hotel so pack light) so we didnt have to pay the ~$20 a day for valet parking. Next time I come to the riverwalk I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tina98765
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with the Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel. We especially appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness and upkeep of the rooms. As a tip for your next stay, please advise the front desk if the bed is too hard as we have feather toppers for our mattresses available upon request (likewise for guests who feel the bed is too hard, we have bed boards to accommodate there as well). Again thank you for choosing Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in early June with my 3 children. I thought the location was fabulous and the rooms were really nice. The front desk staff was really nice and we found the valet parking staff super friendly, welcoming, and accommodating. And we didn't even use their valet parking service! (there's a garage less than a block away that charges $9/day instead of $29). But they offered every time to help me load/unload bags, etc.
We did miss the free breakfast that a lot of Marriott's other brands provide, but for us it was worth it to trade for the central location (walking distance to the Alamo and to the heart of the Riverwalk, etc.)
I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Trvlwith3kids
Kellie S, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate you kind comments regarding your stay, particularly with regards to our friendly and accommodating team. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to San Antonio!

Missouri City, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend, and booked it with a SeaWorld package. We were told no special price for a room with a view, and couldn’t reserve it beforehand. To our surprise, we got a room with a balcony, overlooking the riverwalk. The check in process was very quick. We got room 501, located at the very end of the hallway, which was ideal for us since we have a toddler and we didn’t want others to be disturbed when he was playing in the room. The room is small compare to other hotels, but adequate. The bed was very comfortable, but the pull out sofa/chair wasn’t. I only have two complains, I wished they had chairs in the balcony, or at least one. The balcony is really small, but one chair would be nice to sit and enjoy the view. The other issue I had was that breakfast wasn’t included and the options were not good. Overall the hotel and room are very clean and the service provided was great.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 3rd floor. Loud because of the gym and the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback and want you to know that we will address the concerns you shared regarding breakfast options in the Bistro. Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and we truly hope to see you again.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My younger sister and I stayed here for our annual Summer vacation (I'm 34 - she's 16) and we were both quite pleased with this hotel. Upon check in, the staff advised us that we'd be able to see the downtown fireworks display from our hotel room and gave us a map showing us all of the downtown attractions within walking distance from the hotel. Our room was very clean and quiet and had a view facing towards downtown (looking at the Tower of the Americas). The room included two full length mirrors which I don't think is very common in hotel rooms but comes in handy with two women getting ready in the morning, they also have a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. There is a self park garage further down the street but we opted to use the valet services which are around $29/day however, they were always quite prompt even when we forgot to phone ahead. You can easily walk to all of the hotspots of downtown from the hotel; the Alamo, Hemisfair Park & the Tower of the Americas, La Villita, El Mercado, the Ripley's attractions, and several historical churches and buildings. The Riverwalk is right outside the back entrance of the hotel; you can grab a coffee at the Starbucks café and sit outside on the patio to people watch.

There was a huge conference of youth groups visiting San Antonio during our stay and one evening a group of boys in the room next to ours became quite loud and so we eventually called the front desk in order to get some sleep, security was knocking on their door within minutes and off to sleep we went. Other than that night, I found it to be a very quiet hotel and was able to get to sleep fairly quickly. On the night of July 4th we were so exhausted from our days adventures we decided to watch the fireworks from our room and were so pleased with the view, it was fantastic!

I also want to note that on our final stay I became quite ill with food poisoning late in the evening and the valet Ernest was more kind and caring than I could have expected; the hotel is just a block over from a hospital and Ernest offered to drive or walk us. He walked us over, offering his arm the entire way and once we were there safely he told us to call him when I was discharged and he would come back for us to make sure we got back to the hotel safely. I cannot say enough good things about him. It really made us feel cared for and I appreciated it so much.

We would definitely return to this hotel and would recommend it to others as well; reasonable prices, great location, clean rooms, and friendly service.

Don Lorenzo
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Riverwalk Courtyard is a bit more upscale than most of the Courtyards we have stayed at. it's location on the Riverwalk is central and the tourist spots such as the Alamo and historic San Antonio's site, restaurants and bars are within walking distance. The rooms are more than adequate--very clean, excellent beds, and adequate bath facilities. The lobby, while not ostentatious, provides an atmosphere of quiet confidence and subdued elegance. The staff is pleasant and very professional. Parking is efficient. The breakfast is adequate but nothing that will have you looking forward to it with anticipation. The tiny pool is fine for kids and for adults who wish to remain stationary in the rather cloudy water. You won't be disappointed if you forgot your swimsuit. Missing is a room safe which I think should be standard with rooms in hotel's of this level.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank roamer70
New York
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights with our two children (7 and 3) and would absolutely return. The rates were reasonable, the rooms are spotless and QUIET (you can't hear your neighbors or any outside activity), and the staff was extremely polite and helpful! The on-site bistro has Starbucks and a friendly staff, and you're within walking distance of several great restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013