“Great location!”

Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #60 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We just returned from San Antonio for a 4 day stay at the Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk. This hotel met all our expectations! The location was perfect, not too close to all the action but definitely close enough. The Bistro was very convenient and had everything from full breakfasts to muffins, bagels, etc. I guess the downside for us was that we are not Starbuck fans and the coffee was not that great. On the other hand, the in-room coffee was pretty good. We had the two queen beds room and although we typically prefer a king bed this room was much bigger and the city view was nice as well. One couple changed from a two queen bed room to a king with a balcony and was disappointed in the small size of the room and the balcony was only big enough for two people to stand on. We asked for a high floor as other reviewers recommended and we were not disappointed. The staff was very friendly and it was a pleasant experience for the most part. Nothing is perfect so if I had to criticize anything it would be the "pool". It is embarrassing!! It is the smallest hotel pool I have ever seen. There were six of us on this vacation and if we all were to go in the pool there would be no room for anyone else!!! The entire pool area was kind of a joke as it was in a tiny area. The jacuzzi was next to the pool. We didn't use either. Some of our traveling partners didn't feel the beds or pillows were that comfortable but I personally didn't have the same experience. All in all, this hotel is a great choice for location and price.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 15th floor with a city view - very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 10, 2013

2nd time staying on this property. Hotel is great BUT don't stay in 313! At 3am awaken by a city garbage truck empting several dumpsters just below my room for several minutes. Rooms are nice and clean and staff is friendly. I will not return again, just too many hotel options in San Antoino.

Room Tip: Stay on the river front. The other side lower lever is very noisy
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Kellie S, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our hotel and we welcome all types of feedback. I am sorry to hear your stay was unsatisfactory due to the quality of sleep. Please note we are looking into the noise issues as a result of street traffic and hope to have a resolution quickly. I appreciate your comments about our service and staff. We pride ourselves on our team members and the service they provide. I’m happy to discuss your stay further if you’d like to contact me directly.
Best Regards,

Kellie Smith

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at the Riverwalk Courtyard Marriott on a recent trip to San Antonio. I was extremely pleased with our experience. We had a few of special requests and the hotel staff went above and beyond to accommodate us. I had forgotten to bring a fan with me (I sleep with one for the white noise) and the staff brought one up to us at midnight! I also forgot my sunglasses in my car and the valet attendant brought them to our room for me! We also asked the front desk for a recommendation for a restaurant and they recommended a great place AND gave us coupons for free appetizers at the place. Finally, we were running a bit behind in the morning and needed a later checkout time and they accommodated us without problem. They really went above and beyond what I would expect a hotel to do to make sure that we were comfortable and happy, and staff were very friendly and courteous.

The hotel was in great shape and has easy access to the Riverwalk. The hotel is right on the Riverwalk and is just a matter of stepping outside. The access point to the river is right around the corner from the busiest parts of the Riverwalk, so it was easy to get to restaurants and bars but it was also very quiet and relaxing. The beds were VERY comfortable; we slept great!

This was one of the best experiences I have had at any hotel ever - I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel if you are considered a trip to San Antonio!

Room Tip: Because of its location on the Riverwalk I imagine all of the rooms are quiet and comfortable. You...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank js6428
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a weekend.

First off, the price for this hotel is great. I felt like we truly got our money's worth and then some. It is not right in the heart of the action of the Riverwalk, but it is within close walking distance which I would prefer over paying some of the prices I have seen for those other hotels.

Our room was a King room with no balcony. It was fine for the two of us, but it was a bit on the small side. No way could more than 2 adults be comfortable in this room. The fridge was very helpful keeping our drinks that we brought in nice and cool.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful as were the valet guys in pointing us in the direction to the attraction we wanted to see.

The conference/business rooms were nice as was the food that was catered for our meetings.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The best and most efficient service I have ever received.... So good came back for spring break thanks shamari and Marriott for your service and for treating my family like your family .I recommend this location to anyone staying near or on the riverwalk guarantee you will love it

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Darrell1234
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Having seen various Courtyard over the years, this one along the Riverwalk was a nice surprise. The staff was very friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable. This exceeded my expectations. The location, right along the Riverwalk was a plu. So within a few minutes of walking you were at teh heart of the riverwalk and enjoy the restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 7 days and really enjoyed it. The bistro is open most times and serves Starbucks coffee and teas. Staff was very, very helpful. Rooms were neat clean and in great shape.

The hotel is located on the Riverwalk and is only a few minutes walk from any of the main Riverwalk attractions. I was attending a conference at the Westin and it was an easy three block walk from the Courtyard.

I would stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business