“Worked out great for my business trip!”

Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport
Ranked #84 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
West Jordan
“Worked out great for my business trip!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was working at Ft. Sam Houston (about 13 miles away near the Walters St. Gate). However, I decided to stay here - because my flight out was at 6am - and I just wanted to stay in one hotel all week. This location worked out fine. Yes...I ran into some traffic on the way BACK to the hotel at night (it would take about 30 minutes...heading back to hotel at 430pm)...but in the morning - I made it to work in about 15 minutes (leaving hotel at 615am). I stayed for 7 nights. Everything about my stay was fine. I agree with some of the other positive comments (front desk very helpful/friendly). I was even impressed that staff walking around/in the hotel was friendly and said hello (sometimes at other hotels those staff just walk by).

I liked the area...just make sure you know to turn near the Chevron gas station (if you are heading North on Hwy-281 from the airport/downtown)...the hotel is a short block BACK from the Hwy281 service road...and it was dark when I got there.

Lots of good restaurants in the area. I went to the Magnolia Pancake Haus (about 1.5 miles away I think)...and it was a very tasty breakfast. There's a Target and some other shopping nearby. Also...if you ask at the front desk...they can help you find San Pedro Ave...and it was a quick drive to North Star Mall (and I really liked Luciano Ristoranti Italiano inside the mall).

The guest room was always clean (great maid service everyday). The refrig in room was nice...and lots of channels on the TV. I know this is going to sound "petty"...but the only complaint I had (but didn't tell anyone at the hotel)...was that on day 6 of 7 at the hotel - the maid took (removed) the bar of soap I brought from home and the shampoo I brought from home (it was just a small bottle)...but not sure why that would happen....but it was the last night so I just used the hotel stuff the last morning! Anyways...I would stay here again - because: great location, GREAT PRICE, easy parking, friendly staff, comfortable room, good water pressure, pretty lobby!

Room Tip: Suggest a room AWAY from the attrium style pool...I was not near it...but could hear people in the p...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HGISAT, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! I have passed on your kind remarks to each member of our staff. I am also very happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of the many restaurants and shops in the area. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon. -Rene Vasquez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were here for 3 nights. It's like a mini Embassy Suites in design. Clean, Comfortable, Friendly staff, free printing in business center, free internet from hotel room, microwaves and refrigerators. Paid using AAA rate and was extremely pleased with this hotel. The location was great for us as our business was within one mile and the airport was really close too.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for responding. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport. I hope that you will share your positive experience with your friends and family members. -Rene Vasquez
Edmeston, United States
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The beds are typical Hilton Garden Inn, very comfortable, the staff is pleasant and always helpful, the location is convenient to both the airport and downtown, with lots of good restaurants and shopping near by.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback. It is always nice to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport. I am glad that you were also able to take advantage of the many restaurants in the area. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon. -Rene Vasquez
Plano, United States
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in San Antonio north of the airport is a great find. The hotel looks brand new and has modern appointments inside the lobby and the rooms. Very quiet, and nowhere near flight patterns of the airport so NO airplanes flying by. The staff were absolutely fabulous, always friendly greeting you anytime you ran into any of them. I booked this hotel for a special on-line price of $69 which was an absolute steal. They also were offering $99 rates which would also be a steel. The quality and comfort of this hotel would be more towards a $200/night stay hotel would typically be. Other benefits: Refrigerator and microwave in room; laundry room; workout facility and small pool. Convenient access of of 281 (San Pedro Ave.) Would DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN !!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank William K
Thank you so much for your positive comments about the Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and our staff made you feel welcome throughout your time in San Antonio. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon! –Rene Vasquez
Seattle
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was not impressed, the TV did not work properly, big gaps in the door so constant noise on first floor. There was no complimentary breakfast, and roaches were found. I am returning to give it another try. the staff was good, especially the ones that spoke English.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am sorry to hear that your stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport did not exceed your expectations. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences your experienced while at the Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport. We hope to see you again soon. -Rene Vasquez
IRVING
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Pleasant and helpful front desk. Staff assisted with a master remote to tv to enable our watching dvds via a player we brought with us. Kids enjoyed being able to take a dip in the pool and the four story atrium gave a feeling of spaciousness. Making the turn to the entrance of the property proved tricky but should inmprove when service road construction finishes.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport. I am glad that you and your family were also able to take advantage of our great indoor pool. We hope to see you again soon. -Rene Vasquez
Bellingham, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed at the HGI in San Antonio on 08/27/13 for business. I had very poor directions (okay, I didn't have any directions, which was my main problem), but I did know the hotel was off US 282 N near the airport on San Pedro Ave. I could see the sign from the highway, but being fairly unfamiliar to San Antonio's love for one-way access roads, it took me a couple of loops to get to it. Even then I went around the block and came in through a residential neighborhood and found the driveway. I'm sure there is a much more direct route, which I heard the front desk repeat to a caller over the phone. After parking, everything else went very smoothly. They were awaiting my arrival at the front desk and check-in was very quick. The lobby was nice and cool and very nicely decorated. My room was clean, inviting and well decorated, also. Wi-fi was quickly accessed and I was soon ready to relax with a glass of wine. This HGI is very quiet considering its location to the airport. I would highly recommend, but get good directions first!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for responding! I am sorry to hear that you had such a hard time finding the Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport. I am, however, very happy to hear that despite the trouble getting here, you were able to enjoy your stay with us. We hope that you will pass on your positive experience with your friends and family members. We hope to see you again soon. -Rene Vasquez