“Average for a Hilton”

Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport
Ranked #98 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed February 25, 2013

When you walk in you think this is going to be another great Hilton. The staff was professional when checking in and the lobby beautiful. Then you get to your room and the disapointment starts. Oh well so you check out the pool and fitness room and you wonder this can't be right. I think the lack of cars in the parking lot tells the story. They have a satisfaction refund and I was satisfied but not happy.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Michael R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport. I am glad to hear that you found the lobby inviting and the staff professional. I invite you to return to the hotel after we complete our renovation this June so you can experience all of our upgrades first hand. Please feel free to contact me by phone at 210-494-7600 or email at michael.rosen@hilton.com if I may be of further service.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way back to Dallas and it was a great stay! The rooms were big and clean!! The beds were big and comfortable!! The breakfast was really good and the tub in the bathroom had jets so took a relaxing bath. Will stay here again for sure when back in town.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Paid in advance for stay & was charged again by the hotel. This was a VERY BIG INCONVINENCE. I went through a lot to be refunded. The manager eventually resolved the issue, but took a lot on my part to get it done. Rooms need upgrades, & not worth the amount paid. I've seen better at motels. There were squeaky beds that indicated when other people were participating in sexual activities. Very uncomfortable and I wouldn't recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport. I am sorry to hear that there were portions of your experience that you did not enjoy but am glad we were able to finally resolve them. I invite you to return to the hotel after we complete our renovation this June so you can experience the upgrades first hand. Please feel free to contact me by phone at 210-494-7600 or email at michael.rosen@hilton.com if I may be of further service. Again I do apologize for your experience and I thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Staff were courteous and responsive. Premises were neat and attractive. Some issues with cleanliness in room and bath. They didn't ask if I had a preference of room location when I checked in. Overall not a bad place to stay but needs some upgrades.

Room Tip: Be sure to let staff know your preferences. Stay away from side with garbage dumpsters outside the w...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2013

First time staying at this location. Going to try the other airport location next week when i return to San Antonio. After closing the door to my room, visible light from the other side could be seen all around the door and the talking in the hall was annoying. The cook gave me and other guests lots of attitude over making breakfast. His attitude was less than professional. I wanted to relax by taking a dip in the pool, but the pool location does not allow for much privacy. Room service and server were exceptional and the check in/out process were what i needed. After visiting Hilton's other nearby airport loaction next week, I'll make my decision if I'll stay at this location again. I rate the breakfast as poor, not because of the quality of the food but because of the experience created by the employee making/serving the breakfast. For Hilton, i did not really expect to see the cook rolling his eyes and sighing about making an omelet (:

Room Tip: I have found that if you do not care to have a tub, requesting a room that is wheelchair accessible...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed at this property over the weekend, and it turned out to be a great place to stay. Very attractive setting, prompt and efficient staff, very clean rooms, and a wonderful breakfast.

We'll definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: If possible, choose a room on the higher floors to get away from the pool noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I travel for work and this hotel is close plus they have a shuttle. I love staying at this hotel because not only is the staff nice but several of them remember me each time I stay. The rooms are nice and I love the pillows and comforters. The dinning room food is pretty good. They have a couple of somewhat healthy options. I would suggest they update the menu but I do enjoy the pizza and the mobley chicken salad. Very good coffee for a hotel plus they have the flavored creamer which I must have. I have stayed at this hotel for weeks at a time and would recommend. It is not a fancy hotel but it is friendly and safe which are the most important to me.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business