“Couldn't have asked for more!!!”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #223 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Hawaii
“Couldn't have asked for more!!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2008

When we arrived the lady at the desk told us how we could book the room for $75/night instead of $99/night and two free $25 gas cards. The room was clean, smelled great, and comfortable. The hotel was not in walking distance to any attraction, but it did not take us long to drive anywhere we wanted to go. All of the staff that we had contact with was very helpful. If we visit the area again this will be my first choice hotel. Thanks Comfort Suites for giving me and my husband a great time together without the kids!!!

• Liked — friendly
  • Disliked — the train at night
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dallas TX
Reviewed July 23, 2008

Myself, my husband, and 4 kids (aged 11-17) stayed at this hotel for one night. I did not go into the lobby area, so I can't comment on that.

My husband checked us in while we waited in the car, and we entered througha side door since our room was on the 1st floor. There was a roll of carpet under a staircase when we entered (good thing I suppose since the carpet was so worn/nasty - I assumed they were updating it). The set up of the room was ok, the "living area" had a couch w/ pull out bed and it's own TV, but that was the only good thing about the room!

The AC unit was not adequate for hot Texas summer heat, the bathroom floor was dirty, the bathtub had hair in it (I looked the whole place over very closely). We did not have any soap for the shower/bath tub, and one small bottle of shampoo & condidtioner. (The toilet also had "body" hair on it - nasty)
The entire look/feel of the room was totally outdated and you could tell they had just touched up things here & there, hoping people won't notice much.

Now the WORST part: when my husband pulled the couch/bed out for some of the kids, he discovered a huge BLOOD STAIN on the sheet and mattress!!! We were appalled and he of course went straight to the front desk to complain and have the nasty matress replaced. He was told by the manager that there were no replacements and all other rooms were full/booked. The manager tried to calm my husband by asking if he would like "an extra blanket to cover it with".

By that time we were ready to just get out of the nasty hotel, but unfortunately we checked around and there were no other hotels in this particular chain that had available rooms. Finally, I put my daughter in bed w/ me, the other girls crammed into the other bed, and my husband slept on the floor out of desperation. And who knows how clean the sheets/beds were that we used - I shudder to think!

Of course, we refused to pay for the room, but what an absolute nightmare. DO NOT use this hotel - bad area too!
We took pictures, but I don't have them with me right now. I'll post them later.

• Liked — Leaving it!
  • Disliked — The blood on the bed, of course.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
dfw
Reviewed March 22, 2008

We stayed here for three nights with our two kids..6 and 9. SpringBreak 2008..March 17-20th. Easy drive to SeaWorld and RiverWalk. Everything at he CS was wonderful. The staff, the breakfast and the room was perfect. A great value. My kids had fun in the hot tub and the work out room. I would stay here again.
Room was clean and nice size...Thumbs up.....

• Liked — great rooms and great breakfast !!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Anderson, SC
Reviewed July 11, 2007

I just finished a 7 night stay at the Comfort Suites which is near Rittiman Rd in San Antonio. Overall, it was a good experience. The room was very clean. We had a two double bed suite with a sofa bed. The beds were in the sleeping area and the sofa bed was in the sitting area. There was a microwave, refrigerator and a separate bar sink. The air conditioning was somewhat problematic as it did not adequately cool the sitting area. By the time it cooled down, the sleeping area was frigid.

The staff was friendly and moderately helpful if I asked for something, but I wouldn't consider it exemplary service. The free breakfast was ok, but after 7 days, I got really tired of it. There was always some sort of hot breakfast item available, usually some variation on scrambled eggs and biscuits.

The worst part of the stay was the crickets. This hotel is experiencing a serious cricket infestation right now. I have never seen so many crickets as I saw outside this hotel. There were also too many crickets in the pool area for my comfort. We even caught 2 or 3 in our room. A couple nights the sound of the crickets was quite disturbing during the night. This is probably due to the extreme amount of rain they've been having lately, but it was still disturbing nonetheless.

Overall, I am satisfied with what i paid, but I got a substantial discount because of taking a military rate. There is no way I would stay at this hotel if you're just paying the advertised rate.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Rory M
Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2007

This hotel looked nice from the outside but all that changed inside the room. The room had a strange smell that got worse in the bathroom, seemed like it was cleaned in a rush. The bed was not done and had stains all over it . The whole room just felt very dirty. The front desk did offer to move us to another room but we just left and found something else. Maybe we just had bad luck with that room but we will not be returning!

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank FunshineBear
Houston, TX
Reviewed June 5, 2005

Within 20 minutes of checking into hotel on Friday afternoon, our car parked right at the front door was broken into and the hotel staff took no action until they were shamed into action. Only saving grace was the hotel maintenance man who brought out a shop vac and vacuumed all the glass out of the inside of the car. Secondly, handicap accessible room was inadequate. The entire experience was so devastating we will never stay at a Comfort Hotel again. Rooms are too small, TV was not working, high-speed internet required special cables of which there was only one and it was already loaned out per the desk clerk, no extra thread-bare towels were available - all in all a big double thumbs down.

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank TheOrganizer1775
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 25, 2005

My wife and I and our two small kids just spent 3 nights here and I don't think we would return. The chief problem is the location. I knew this was on the frontage road to I-35 and so I had asked for a room far from the interstate. Unfortunately, I did not know (until about 3 am on our first night) that this hotel is quite close to busy train tracks. On all three nights of our stay, my wife and I were jarred out of bed by train whistles. Also, the general vicinity gave me the impression that this is not one of San Antonio's better neighborhoods.
On the positive side, the room was nice, with a sitting area and TV that are separated from the sleeping area by a door. The free breakfast included delicious make your own waffles. Also, the hotel is next door to a Cracker Barrel restaurant and the closeness to I-35 means you're only about 10-15 minutes to the Riverwalk area. We paid $70 per night (before taxes) on a rate found on the Choice Hotels web site for a weekend were most of San Antonio was already sold out. Overall, this hotel is good in a pinch but only if you are a very sound sleeper.

• Stayed April 2005