“Eh, not a horrible stay.just o.k.”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #232 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night while on a business trip. The room was clean but not spotless. The location was excellent for me because there is a Cracker Barrel next to it. Easy to get to fwy (can be challenging in tx). Overall not bad. Price was fair.

• Stayed: March 2013
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

I want to first of all thank you for staying with us and for your comments on your stay. We have staff meetings every morning in which all reveiws are discussed. We want to make sure we give everyone the best service possible. We hope you decide to stay with us again on your next visit to San Antonio, I would also like to offer you a special rate for your comment so please contact me when planning your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Quality Suites

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times. Great helpful and friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds, clean crisp sheets and a free breakfast. Restaurants are located close by. A very good value.
Easy access from I35.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Bellatravelingshoes

We would like to thank you on your review, we try very hard to make sure all our guest have the best experience they have ever had. It is always nice to go to my staff and share your response and thank them for a great job. We hope you stay with us on your next visit to San Antonio and please contact me directlty for your next stay so I can honor you a special discount for your comment. Thank you!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

we were at the end of a very long road trip, so our stop in san antonio was here at the comfort suites. we got a coupon at a gas station on the highway, and chose it for the hot breakfasts we had enjoyed at other comfort suites along the way. the rooms were very clean and large. the lady at reception was friendly. all in all we had a good stay at a reasonable price, and not too far out of our way.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

We're so happy to have been a part of your journey through the U.S.. Gald the hot breakfast and the large two-room suites were just what you needed. Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

The rooms were ideal for a large family of 3 adults and 2 children. The first thing i noticed when going into the room was a huge crack on the ceiling. On this particular night there was a weather forecast for rain. Long story short, My family was awakened at 3am by the sound of rain drops inside the room. Sure enough there was a leak directly above the bed where i was sleeping at. Needless to say that the bed was completely soaked through.

When i called to see if if was possible for at least those staying on that particular bed to be moved to another room, there was regrettably no other rooms available. However, receptionist that took my call had a very sarcastic attitude. Somebody was sent in without notice to inspect this leak. Sure enough the leak was confirmed, bed was moved away from the leak. We had to suggest getting clean, dry sheets to replace those that got soaked. Lost sleep, extremely inconvenient situation. Worst of all it seemed that it had a patch job; as if this has been a problem before. Guess my family and I were just the guinea pigs to see if it truly got fixed.

The next day when we explained courteously our grief of this regrettable experience, the receptionist for this shift also had a very sarcastic attitude, our complaint was not taken seriously and refund seemed to be a out of the question. Ended up getting half a discount for this terrible night stay which is not too bad. However i disagree with the customer service in this place and the attitude considering the facts.

Breakfast is pretty good, does not compensate for this terrible experience.

Room Tip: Inspect room before actually staying or reserve at another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Debbie L L, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

I personally apologize for this unfortunate experience. Unfortunately the bad weather caused some roof damage to the hotel that night which resulted in the ceiling taking on water in your room and the room above yours. We were sold out the night in question and did not have another room to move your family to. It was unfortunate that the rain was in the middle of the night and we were unable to do all we would have wanted to do to accommodate you. Thank you for the kind remarks about our breakfast and the large guest rooms, we do have a property to be proud of. We do hope you’ll come back to visit and we will be sure to do our best on your future visits.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Over all good place. Our air conditioner struggled to keep up but I never reported it until the last day. The men in our group complained of no soap in the men's restroom in the lobby. That was never remedied. The front desk was friendly for the most part. Overall good stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Debbie L L, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for your input. Without customer comments we would not know how we can improve to make our customers satisfaction a number one priority. It is unfortunate that you did not report that your room air conditioner was not working to your satisfaction. We have maintenance staff on duty to remedy such issues. We also keep replacement units onsite in the event a unit goes down. As for the issue with the soap in the public restroom I personally apologize - somewhere along the lines this was not communicated to me. Had I known about it I would have repleantished it myself. I trust that you will consider giving us a second chance to gain your business in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

As we began our yearly road trip we decided to head towards San Antonio and explore the city. Our first night was at the Comfort Suites north of the city. The rooms were clean and equipped with what a family of 3 boys and two adults might need; such as a small refrigerator, microwave, and a sofa bed. The facility is equipped with a pool which was a plus for our kids, the front desk are friendly and have a complimentary Ice Tea for its guests which was nice after being out in the sun all day. In the morning the breakfast is both hot and cold which is great for those who have picky eaters in their family such as we do. The hot breakfast does not have a variety only consists of scramble eggs, warm biscuits and gravy. Just in case your not interested in their breakfast there are several restaurants close by. Overall, we had a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your input. Texas Sweet Tea is a staple here at Comfort Suites. In this hot Texas summer it is refreshing to come in from the outdoors and have ice cold ice tea available for our guests. Many times the first stop is at the tea when I guest arrives at the hotel. I am glad your family enjoyed the swimming pool. Our breakfast items do consist of scrambled eggs most days but we try to add variety to the eggs by adding red and yellow bell peppers or even shredded cheese. There is a different meat item each day...sausage links, smoked sausage, sausage patties or canadian bacon. We would love the opportunity to have you come back and stay with us the next time you are in San Antonio.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed in what we thought was going to be a clean hotel. There were crickets in the rooms and the breakfast area was covered with fruit flies. They were all over the walls and crawling all over the food. When my husband talked to staff he was told the kitchen was covered. Totally disgusting. We tried to check out early and were told by the front desk that it would not be a problem to get a refund for the last day. But when I tried to get the refund Tony the manger said they would not give it to me. We had already checked out and were on the road. Horrible customer service. Would never stay with this chain again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank megamomorris
Debbie L L, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

"Your stay was a horrible experience and I accept your frustration. The gnats were the horrible result of one of our guests dumping infested fruit into one of the interior trash cans and it took us a couple of days to get rid of all of them. I do share your aggravation with crickets in the summer time in Texas. Luckily for us, we preceded the hot dry season with preemptive steps and minimized the little critters sneaking thru A/C vents and front doors of the building. Unfortunately one or two do sneak in from time to time and trust me, our staff does NOT take kindly to them and they are eliminated with prejudice...That's Texas Summers for you. Please accept my deepest apologies and I would love to serve your travel needs again in the future.