“I never had a bad experience here”

Super 8 - San Antonio at I-10
Ranked #241 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
“I never had a bad experience here”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have stayed three times at this motel. Twice in 2010. And once this year. I never saw any bugs, the breakfast was fine, my room was clean, the staff at the front desk very friendly, they even remembered me!
I despise bugs and roaches, have lived in TX and they have BIG roaches in TX. I never saw a roach at this particular motel.
I can't explain the very bad reviews, I can only say I did not have those terrible experiences. It is in a kind of commercial area but it's easy to get to from I 10, and it was fine for traveling.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Roaches in room. Refrigerator standing full of water with towel soaking up the water microwave so dirty didn't even use it because it was so dirty .

• Stayed July 2012
Nick P, Webmaster at Super 8 - San Antonio at I-10, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. I am sorry that the experience did not turn out to be what you had expected. Upon receipt of your review, it was shared with the manager and ways in which our valued guests could feel that they were getting their moneys worth were discussed.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites San Antonio East. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be very pleased. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Lubbock
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The hotel is right off of I-10 (next to a Sonic - YEA) but around a lot of mechanic shops. The manager on site at the time we came was more then willing to cancel our reservation but we decided to stay since it was so late. The bathroom had major water damage on ceiling and we did not have any large towels, there was also an obvious cigarette burn hole in the bed coverlet, in our nonsmoking room, which obviously smelled otherwise. The TV picture quality was very bad. The free WIFI was nice though. The night was fine, I did not feel unsafe with my family at all. The breakfast was very decent with eggs, sausage and muffins and juice. My only problem was the price. At the $75 plus tax I paid for the room we had been staying in much nicer hotels at the same price range. The room was definitely equivalent to a much lower price ranged hotel. FYI.. did not find any bugs, pool looked nice and small and lobby and breakfast area were very clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

• The front desk staff person received additional training in the proper way to be dressed and conducting himself during working hours.

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which he is to treat you, our valued guests.

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. They also received additional instruction in keeping the rooms properly stocked.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites San Antonio East. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Ok. Actually we didn't end up sleeping here. We had reserved thru Priceline but when we arrived they only had smoking rooms available: VERY smelly rooms. So we decided to cancel and find another hotel. The receptionist (Sunni) was extremely polite and helpful. When Priceline did not wanna return our money, she intervened and made them refund in full what we paid. THAT is service: help a (non)costumer for nothing.
We saw the pool and the breakfast area while we waited. VERY small both places, but fairly clean. And for the price what did you expect! $60/night in a holiday weekend was fair enough.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick P, Webmaster at Super 8 - San Antonio at I-10, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn & Suites San Antonio East for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that we only had smoking rooms available and hope that this will be different in the future.

• Sunni received our commendation for the courteous way in which she treated you, our valued guest.

• Sunni received my personal commendation for the courteous way in which she treated you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites San Antonio East. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 16, 2011

great location,close to city and restaurants.great large room,big pillows,very clean,very courteous and friendly staff.great sausage and egg breakfast.beautiful pool area.highly recommend to other travelers and will look forward to coming back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Everything here was excellent. The staff is very friendly and professional. The breakfast was always hot and quite good. It was a quiet place to stay. We were not bothered at all by anyone.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank cinergy7
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We stayed with a large group occupying ten rooms for 1-2 nights. The rooms were clean and newly-remodeled. Mattresses and pillows were great which is a real plus when traveling. It is close to the freeway with easy access, but rooms are well-sound proofed. There are good restaurants (chain and local) nearby. The manager, Nick, was amazing and accommodated many special requests. The value was wonderful with a separate suite and microwave and frig in each room. We travel lots and it was a great value for our group. Kids loved the pool. Adults loved the extra towels and poolside chairs! Surely the old reviews were before remodeling!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family