“Good service / room not so much”

Super 8 - San Antonio at I-10
Ranked #238 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Good service / room not so much”
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Ok. Actually we didn't end up sleeping here. We had reserved thru Priceline but when we arrived they only had smoking rooms available: VERY smelly rooms. So we decided to cancel and find another hotel. The receptionist (Sunni) was extremely polite and helpful. When Priceline did not wanna return our money, she intervened and made them refund in full what we paid. THAT is service: help a (non)costumer for nothing.
We saw the pool and the breakfast area while we waited. VERY small both places, but fairly clean. And for the price what did you expect! $60/night in a holiday weekend was fair enough.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick P, Webmaster at Super 8 - San Antonio at I-10, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn & Suites San Antonio East for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that we only had smoking rooms available and hope that this will be different in the future.

• Sunni received our commendation for the courteous way in which she treated you, our valued guest.

• Sunni received my personal commendation for the courteous way in which she treated you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites San Antonio East. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 16, 2011

great location,close to city and restaurants.great large room,big pillows,very clean,very courteous and friendly staff.great sausage and egg breakfast.beautiful pool area.highly recommend to other travelers and will look forward to coming back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Everything here was excellent. The staff is very friendly and professional. The breakfast was always hot and quite good. It was a quiet place to stay. We were not bothered at all by anyone.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank cinergy7
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We stayed with a large group occupying ten rooms for 1-2 nights. The rooms were clean and newly-remodeled. Mattresses and pillows were great which is a real plus when traveling. It is close to the freeway with easy access, but rooms are well-sound proofed. There are good restaurants (chain and local) nearby. The manager, Nick, was amazing and accommodated many special requests. The value was wonderful with a separate suite and microwave and frig in each room. We travel lots and it was a great value for our group. Kids loved the pool. Adults loved the extra towels and poolside chairs! Surely the old reviews were before remodeling!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank bcrat
Binbrook
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I agree with most of the other reviews. Service and room was terrible.
Furniture around the pool was decrepid and dirty. Needed to be completely revamped. Room had a dead cockroach that I had stepped on. Explanation was they had sprayed the day before. Well they should have checked the room and cleaned it first. Breakfast was pathetic. Couldn't wait to get out of there. Too bad we stayed there for two days. The hotel should be removed from Choices International because it sure doesn't reflect the quality that the name usually suggest. We stayed at two other hotels in Seabrook and Galveston and they were fabulous.

Room Tip: Research well before going to a hotel
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Nick P, Webmaster at Super 8 - San Antonio at I-10, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn & Suites San Antonio East for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry it was not the pleasant experience you had anticipated.

• Staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guest.
• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness they must maintain as our employees.
• Maintenance was informed of your report of a cockroach and instructed to look into any needed extermination.
• Pool staff received additional training in properly maintaining a pool.
• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites San Antonio East. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2011

This Hotel has Dirty rooms and pool area. There is broken outdoor furniture around the dirty pool and broken umbrellas.
The room furniture is old and well worn. The smoke detecter in our room was broken with wires hanging from it. The TV didn't work, it took three requests before it was repaired. The breakfast was very basic. Stains on the celing stains on carpets and the
outside area unkept and dirty.
Not a good Hotel AL.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in this Hotel.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

• Pool staff received additional training in properly maintaining a pool.
• Maintenance was informed of the problems you encountered with the smoke detector and the TV in the room assigned to you. They were instructed to see to needed repairs or replacements.
• Grounds maintenance received additional training in properly maintaining the grounds.

Del Valle, Texas
Reviewed April 19, 2011

.we had a booth at fiesta,so we didnt check in till 11pm. i had reservd 4 rooms dwnstairs and 2gether. when got there,they said it was 1st cme 1st serve,so they gave me upstairs knowing my situation.we had to deal with nick and anita..when my daughters got in their room,it was super hot and nick had put on ac hour and half earlier for us.at check in he said they had 5 rooms left.so when waitg to switch rooms,we noticed roaches running on table and all in bathtub.was so nasty.told us they had no more rooms,took forever to switch. they gave us 1 room dwnstairs.went to mine,there was also roaches,and the bed linens had holes from ciggarettes.they had no more rooms,and was late so stayed.next day came back from fiesta,maids didnt clean room,beds un maid,requested new sheets,same ones on bed,fridge didnt work,mattresses had nasty stains,sinks were dirty.daughters requested money back from nick.he was rude,he cursed my daughters out. he said get the f*** out of my hotel and said sme nasty things to them.my hubby went in and nick changed his attitude and tried to blame my girls,he said that room had been pesticide the previous thursday,so who knows how lng roaches were there,.he gave my daughter only 20.00 back and nothing else not even an apology.worse stay in my life,we were offered our money back sat night,but we would have to check out,where were we to go at 1am during fiesta.whatever happened to customer is always right and give back money plus a comp room.i do not reccommend this hotel to noone. bad service,bad scenery,rude staff,its only a motel fit for a ROACH!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Quality Inn & Suites San Antonio East. I hope that you and your family had a wonderful time at the fiesta.

•Nick received additional training in the courteous manner in which he is to treat our valued guests.
•Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.
•Maintenance was informed of your report of cockroaches and instructed to look into any needed extermination.
•Staff members received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.
•Management was approached about making the pictures on the internet properly show what will be found on site.