“Awsome Customer Service”

Ranked #320 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
nc
“Awsome Customer Service”
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Me and my associates stayed in the rooms for over 2 months, while attending a school prior to deploying to Afganastan. Arrianne at the front desk, was very professional and extremly helpfull with anything we needed from directions to extra accomidations. Stepahanie and Barbara in the cleaning and laundry dept were always providing for us and our k-9 units, they always were willing to help out at a minutes notice. The manager Frank was very helpful and provided us with anything we needed and accomidated my group. I would like to thank the employees of this hotel for providing us with an excelent stay, while being far from home and loved ones. Again thank you from all us guys for the excelent service while stay at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
West Texas
Reviewed December 24, 2009

Front desk people were very friendly and helpful. Rooms make you feel claustrophobic. Beds are full size, not queens as advertised. Only two towels and washcloths, although there were three of us, we were notified that they were running low on linens. Had on my socks, since there is tile only, and acquired enough hair on the bottom of them to weave a small rug. Then when getting into the bed, there was a hair ball large enough to weave large rug, IN THE BED! And the bath tub...cracks from the enamel peeling, no stopper, not that u would bathe in it anyway since it is so dirty, but you get my point. Very noisy also...The only plus was the location. We will not be back.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank lovethesun76
NC
Reviewed November 29, 2009

This was a very delightful stay...When I or my fellow colleagues needed any kind of assistance, i.e. directions, choice of restaurants, or just places to let yourself go...Jacki, Gina, and Leslie were there to help. If you had a last minute problem those ladies would bend over backwards to make sure you are taking care of...Some of the rooms could have been better, but they are still in reconstruction...For me what made my stay great, was the service of those ladies it was by far 2nd to none...

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank bigjoker2k3
NC
Reviewed August 12, 2009

I was working in downtown San Antonio. These rooms are old and not updated and have staleness or bad odor.

Furthermore, while staying there I did not get housekeeping service for over a month. I constantly had to get my own towels and fresh sheets. When I asked the manager, frank, why I did not get any service, he would say they were short-staffed. I asked to be comped for lack of service and he never responded to my request. As a matter of fact, the owner was supposed to call me and never did.

I also noticed a cockroach invasion near the end of my stay.

In the end, I checked out and wrote them a check for the last amount I owed them in full to move to another hotel. Not only did they cash my check but they also charged my debit card, so i paid twice. After 5 phone calls, and hearing please call me back and trying to file a claim with my bank, I will be filing a charge with my police department.

The old adage that you get what you pay for is true.

Avoid this place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank mikey0529
Houston
Reviewed July 19, 2009

From the minute I checked in I was treated with very poor service to the time I checked out. I thought I had plan a very nice trip to Six Flag with my family. But the only sour part was comming to the Hotel and finding out that the reservation that I had booked a week prior wasn't even the right room. I was given a different room from what I booked and to top it off the sofa bed had dirty sheet from who ever stay in there last, like they hadn't been change in a whle. The room was also very musty and carpet look very old. When I went to complain about the wrong room after checking in, I came to find out that they were close for the night. I had to wait till moring to address it to the front desk.
when I did I was treated very un professional and told by the so call owner / manager that the discount that I was given over the phone and the traveler coupon guide book was to be consider a handicap room due to the price i was given and paid.
So they did not have to acomadate me in any way. Even thou I didn't get the room or beds that I paid for. I just have to say this is the worst place I have been to and cheaper is not all ways better. Its worth paying a little more for the known hotel places. A word of advise I would not recommend this place to anyone.....................!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Couponlover12
Omaha
Reviewed June 24, 2009

There were mattresses and box springs blocking our access to our room on the second floor. When I contacted the front desk, they said they would have maintenance take care of the problem. When we left 4 days later, the mattresses were still there.

The room was dirty when we arrived. The maid service simply refolded our bath towels and rehung them in the rack.

The breakfast area was small; all the food was located in one cramped area. There were no employees assigned to work the breakfast area. The tables were never bussed. When a food item was out, a guest had to go to the front desk to ask for the item to be refilled.

We will never stay there again and I would not recommend anyone staying in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jt68
Ft. Worth,TX
Reviewed March 19, 2009

We were very disappointed to arrive and find that what was listed about the hotel wasn't correct. They have listed under popular amenities :pool,jacuzzi,business center and fitness center. This was misleading,because having access to those things doesn't mean you have them you just have access. All you have to do is go across the parking lot to the Quality Inn to use those popular amenities. We arrived a little early and asked if we might just complete the paperwork early to which we were given a resounding no! So our family and several others hung around in the small,poorly lit lobby until it was time. When we requested extra towels (since we decided to traipse over to the pool) we were told we were given four and we could trade those in when we needed more. The rooms were fine cleanliness-wise (although it was odd to find cigarette ashes all over the floor of a non smoking room). The decor left something to be desired. There were no bed skirts (which was odd to me),the drawers were missing the top piece where you would pull them out, the t.v. set sat on a swivel top at the edge of a small table (I was scared it would fall the entire time) and the front of the couch was stained (the bottom edge of it was black). I know you get what you pay for but even with the discount we overpaid.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family