TripAdvisor
San Antonio
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews la cantera elks lodge extra pillows room was clean star hotel definitely stay here again free breakfast recommend this hotel comfort
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2019

AC worked AWFUL. Kept it on lowest setting possible and still was constantly sweating. Hotel wreaked of marijuana!!!! The staff was trying to cover the smell with opening doors and air fresheners. No water in any hotel vending machines and the guy at the counter when asked about was like oh well that sucks. We were staying there to escape the hurricane and needed our luggage to be held for just 3 hours until we could reach the airport and they said the hotel does not hold luggage or have a secure room to hold bags in. It was just 2 suitcases. The very rude lady at the front desk told us we could keep the luggage in the lobby but would have to sign a document stating that we left it at our own risk... with the creepy people and weed smelling hotel, there was NO WAY I would leave my luggage in an unsecured area. We walked into the hotel staff yelling at one another, almost fighting, not caring that customers were in the lobby. We walked across the street to the Wyndham hotel and they were so nice and held our bags for us even though we did not stay at that hotel. DO NOT STAY AT QUALITY INN. Staying under a bridge would be more comfortable and might even meet nicer people. TERRIBLE customer service. HORRIBLE. Definitely do not even think about bringing kids, creepy place.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed July 10, 2019

room was not clean and had a bad odor , refrigerator was not working the bath room sink was plugged up. I would not recommend this super8 or will stay there again on are next road trip we also ask for extra towels and the person at the front desk question me about how many shower do I take , this is none of his concern this place has no people skills.

Room tip: more cleaning to the rooms , better people skills...
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2019

On the night of Friday, June 21, 2019, my wife and I stayed in Room 228 of the Quality Inn at 6755 North Loop 1604 in San Antonio, TX.

During this stay we encountered intolerable dirty conditions in our room. These conditions included an unwashed filthy bedsheet (photos attached). A stained lounge chair (photos attached). And a carpet that had not been properly vacuumed because I removed tortilla chip crumbs and someone's toe nail (ick!). No photos are included of these deficiencies.

We checked in to the hotel during the afternoon around 4:30 and immediately headed out to meet a friend and go downtown to concert. At that time we had other things on our minds and did not make a careful inspection of the room (what a mistake). We returned after 1:00 AM and realized the lounge chair was too dirty to place any clothing (or sit). As I prepared for bed I pulled back the bed sheet and noticed the large dirty spot near the foot along the edge. Since it was nearly 1:30 AM and my wife was already asleep I did not raise a fuss but made sure I slept close to my wife on her side of the bed and avoided the dirty spot.

In the morning while getting dressed I noticed the chip crumbs and toe nail on the floor while my wife was still waking up.

We then took our concerns to the front desk and asked for a refund of our room charge but the young woman said she was only authorized to proved a 20% discount. She seemed to think this complaint was routine! Any additional price reductions would need the manager's approval and he would not be available until Monday morning (6/23/19). I will assume that is you.

I frequently stay at Choice hotels (ID # CXK72962) for business and have never encountered filthy conditions like those seen in your establishment.

Including room charge, taxes and fees were charged $109.92 for a room that was unclean and completely deficient. We are still reeling that you could even charge for this disgusting room.

For this I expect, at a minimum, to be called back or contacted. Stay was June 21, 2019.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2019

I originally booked the wrong days on line, and I was going to San Antonio for a funeral. The manager took care of the mistake with one phone call and NO hassles. We got there and the room was very clean, and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. The staff knew the reason for our visit and they were extremely respectful and kind!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2019

Been a member of Choice Hotels since 2005 and have stayed in several Choice Hotels but this was by far the most disapointing. Carpet in room was dirty, rail in bathtub was loose, breakfast was limited and eggs were cold at 7:30 am.

Date of stay: March 2019