“Wouldnt consider it a 4 star hotel.”

Red Roof Inn & Suites San Antonio – Fiesta Park
Ranked #256 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 26, 2013

For some reason my reservation was cancelled because the card i gave them was declined. Ok, that happens. But i never recieved a notification that it was declined. no email, no phone call, text message, morris code. Nothing. Thankfully there was one room left when i finally arrived after driving in from houston. But i was not satisfied with the fact that i had to pay a little over $30 more then the rate i got when i originally reserved the room. I think they could of done a better job contacting me and letting me know my card was declined. They originally said they werent even going to charge anything on my card, it was only to hold the reservation (which is the reason why i didnt really pay much attention to the status of that card). the room itself had a weird smell to it. ok, i get it, its a "cheaper" hotel. But 4 stars? the shower had no pressure and you could tell that there was paint over mold. last complaint is i put the do not disturb tag out on my door and BOTH days i stayed, we were bothered about cleaning services. What the heck? lol. the tag was CLEARLY on the do not disturb side. Both days, after screaming for them to go away, i answered and it was the same person and i made it clear i didnt want any sort of service during my stay. not sure who is at fault on that one...............

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Labib H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites San Antonio – Fiesta Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for taking out the time to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. We certainly apologize if your stay was anything less than satisfying. We try extremely hard to maintain Howard Johnson standards and I assure you that your experience was something we do not strive for. We are in the process of starting our renovations and will try our best not to interrupt a guest's stay. We are considered a 2 star hotel. I am not sure which site mentioned us being a 4 star hotel. I do apologize if there was a misunderstanding. If you're ever in San Antonio again, please be sure to visit us again.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Labib H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites San Antonio – Fiesta Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was once again in San Antonio and stayed at my old reliable hotel. I have always had a great stay and staff have been so nice and friendly. My room was really clean, my a./c worked great with constant fan not the noisy like other hotels I have stayed at. The pool was clean and felt great after being out in that hot humid air, what a nice relief to relax in the pool. Breakfast was good too and wasn't rushed out so I was able to sit back and read the morning paper while drinking my coffee and eating my eggs. I used my DO NOT DISTURB sign and no one bothered me for my 2 day visit. I will visit and stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room on the south side they are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Labib H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites San Antonio – Fiesta Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write us a review on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate the fact that you came to visit us on your trip into San Antonio. I am happy to hear we were able to provide you with a satisfied stay. Should there be anything else we can help with, please let us know. Thanks again.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I booked a room (online) for my parents (78 & 73 years old).
The following info was told to me by my parents:
My parents check in around 5 pm local time & the front desk clerk assigns them a 2nd floor room. After learning of no elevators, they request a 1st floor room. Clerk refuses (somewhat rudely) & tells them no 1st floor rooms available. About 10 minutes later my mother goes for a bucket of ice (downstairs) & over hears the clerk assigning two FIRST FLOOR rooms to two young men. Here's the kicker, one man requests a 2nd floor room & she politely obliges him. Shameful! Clerk & Management owe my parents an apology.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking out the time to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. We certainly apologize if your stay was anything less than satisfying. We try extremely hard to maintain Howard Johnson standards and I assure you that your experience was something we do not strive for. After speaking to my Front Desk Clerk about this situation, she did mention your parents were offered a bottom floor room, but it was smoking. To guarantee a specific floor in the hotel industry is usually impossible because we don't know how each day will be for us. She also mentioned that she had offered your parents help in the event if they needed ANYTHING. The clerk did take ice up to your parents room that way they would not have to walk down the hallway of the top floor to get ice, which is where the ice machine is located. If another guest did receive a bottom floor room, their room type must have been different since we have 10 different room types at this hotel scattered around the property. I apologize if there was any miscommunication. If there is anything else we can do for you, don't hesistate to contact us. Thanks again.

Reviewed June 12, 2013