Red Roof Inn & Suites San Antonio – Fiesta Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I was here to visit some family and the staff made it a memorable one. I was lost all the time and could always depend on someone at the front to give me good directions. Room was clean and comfortable, although, it wasn't anything out of this world. If you want something like that, you'd have to stay at a Marriott and pay Marriott prices. My rate was relatively cheap compared to all other hotels in the area. All I needed was a place to lay my head down.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Labib H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites San Antonio – Fiesta Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Hope everything went well with the family when you were in San Antonio. I'm happy to know you were able to navigate through the city with the directions our front desk gave to you. Please keep us in mind for any of your future travels to this wonderful city.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

The customer service at this hotel/motel is always extraordinary. This is the main reason that I return to this property. Front desk personel are always VERY helpful and courteous. Property is well kept and clean and safe. Kudos

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

We thank you for leaving us a review on Trip Advisor. If we can be of any assistance on your future travels, don't hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I read a lot of reviews about this hotel and thought I would give my opinion. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, this is not the place to stay. It is an older hotel and a little shabby. Rooms are clean, hot breakfast is good, staff is friendly, free wi-fi and nice small pool area. It is a budget hotel, don't expect more.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blbuszek
Labib H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites San Antonio – Fiesta Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thank you very much for leaving us a review here on TripAdvisor. We strive to do our best in all departments including housekeeping. Our exterior renovation recently got completed. The interior renovations have already begun little by little through out some rooms. Since we're located at a prime spot in the city, it gets to be challenging to go full force with renovations. Nonetheless, we have broken it down in phases to where it doesn't affect any of our guests in the process. Before you know it, we'll be able to offer a 5 star product at a 2 or 3 star price. The guests that stay on a regular basis and that have stayed on a regular basis prior to new management have seen drastic positive changes. I know you have plenty of hotels to choose from and am delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you soon if you're ever in the city again.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Location: This hotel is not in downtown San Antonio but on the outskirts, which is a disadvantage since it is quite nice to be able to walk out of your hotel and stroll, but if budget is the game HoJo is the name. Otherwise it is well located in terms of accessibility to the river walk area and to the missions. As to parking in San Antonio the cheapest one we found was at Denny’s on Elm and commerce. It is 10 dollars but only until 4pm. If you want to stay longer than the parking of Rivercenter mall 849 East Commerce Street is a maximum of 18 dollars a day so it is also a good bargain.
Room: We stayed in a king room which was fine spacious and clean. We had a fridge and a microwave oven, and the bed was comfy.
Service: Lacking. When we first used the toilet all the water came out a flooded the bath room. I closed the entry faucet and went to reception. To my surprise the solution they gave me was few old towels so that I could take the water out and an advice not to use the toilet until tomorrow. Since I do not like to make big fuss out of things I cleaned up the mess myself and fixed to toilet. The next day no one even bothered to ask me if things we ok?
Extras: Free Wi-Fi, slow and weak signal. Free breakfast, the breakfast is nice but the breakfast are was rather dirty and the seats were filed with old food spills and very dirty. You do not have to be a hotel genius to know that cloth is not the best material for chairs in a common breakfast area.
Quality price ratio: We got a good deal on the hotel site (we stayed for three nights) so price was good quality was also good with the exception of service so I think 7/10 is fair.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Labib H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites San Antonio – Fiesta Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

We certainly appreciate the time you took out to give us some constructive criticism that we can better ourselves with. There is nothing better than receiving fine service in this industry. We try our hardest to keep our chairs clean in our breakfast area on a daily basis, but sometimes, it does slip the crack when we get caught up in doing other things and I certainly apolgize for that. We offer hot breakfast items that would satisfy the taste buds and get you on the road until lunch time. We thank you for your business and hope to keep you Happy at Hojo on your next trip in to San Antonio.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

I had been in San Antonio several times before and I must say that this time I paid a very good price for a nice and clean hotel.

The breakfast was very good, sausages, eggs, muffins & waflles, and the best of all it was complimentary.

But I should say 2 things. The pillows and the bed we not too comfortable. Also, the machines in the fitness center are broken. I tried the bike and couldn't set the level, the elyptical didn't work correctly and the threadmill couldn't start at all. I think those minor issues should be fixed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Labib H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites San Antonio – Fiesta Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write us a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. As a valued guest of Howard Johnson, your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

The bike in the Fitness Center has a knob underneath the seat which you have to pull in order for the seat level to change. Once the level is changed, the knob is pushed back into place to lock the seat. I, myself, tried to unscrew the knob after you brought this to our attention. I then learned that it needs to be pulled. The treadmill requires a security key, which is at the front desk, in order for the machine to start working. We don't leave the security key on the machine itself because it can be a hazard. We are also going through the whole property and replacing all pillows with MicroFiber Cluster Pillows which tend to be a bit softer than regular pillows at times. If your room did not have those pillows just yet, I sincerely apologize for that.

Hopefully, the next time you're in San Antonio, you can choose our hotel. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you again!