“Happy holidays spent at HoJo's.”

Red Roof Inn & Suites San Antonio – Fiesta Park
Ranked #261 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
El Paso, Texas
“Happy holidays spent at HoJo's.”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My holidays were less stressful staying here. With an awesome fully hot breakfast, clean room, new linens, and plenty of towels each day, pleasant staff I couldn't ask for a better stay anywhere. With all the family functions and holiday festivities going on, I had little time to waste and HOJO made sure all my needs were met each and every day for 12 days of December throught the New Year. My money was well spent. Two thumbs up.

Room Tip: I had a King suite, the room was so big I was able to have family over, to enjoy the spacious room a...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Dorian N
Labib H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites San Antonio – Fiesta Park, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
We really appreciate the time you took in writing us a generous review on TripAdvisor. We realize that you have a choice of hotels to accomodate your needs and are thankful for staying at ours. If we can serve you on your future travels, we would greatly appreciate that.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Holland
Reviewed December 21, 2011

In reality, I should leave a negative review just so others don't stay here and there is an opening for us the next time we visit. I can't lie though. We are from Michigan and stayed here while my daughter was visiting UTSA. Proximity to UTSA, LaCanterra Shops, Six Flags, The Rim, and the original Rudy's in Leon Springs is great. Easy Access on and off I-10. Price for room and what we received was the best value I've ever had at a motel. Easy check-in, room was clean and quiet. Pool was actually quite nice too. Only complaint I had was that we had 4 people in the room and only received 3 towels. I'm sure if I had asked/reminded them at check-in that we had 4 in room, they would have given me another. In the past, we've stayed at more expensive places in the same area near Wurzbach (e.g. Staybridge, Double Tree, etc.). When we go back to San Antonio this coming spring though, we plan to stay here again. We'd rather save the extra $ and use it at La Canterra and The Rim instead. :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank creeker7883
Labib H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites San Antonio – Fiesta Park, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Thank you so much for leaving us a review on Trip Advisor. I'm extremely happy to know that you saved money on lodging and were able to use it elsewhere, yet were able to stay in a nice, clean room. We try extremely hard to keep the standards high at Howard Johnson. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. In your future travels, if there aren't enough towels or even if you forget simple items such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, or even a shower cap, don't hesitate to ask us at the front desk. After all, we are here to serve you and make sure you feel at home away from home. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to helping you with your spring travel. Feel free to call us directly at the hotel for reservations or visit us at Hojo.com. Again, thank you and have a Merry Christmas from the HOJO Team. GO HAPPY! GO HOJO!
San Antonio
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I must say i was VERY pleasantly surpised with the accomodations. I was also VERY impressed with the courtesy and helpfulness of the front desk clerks. They were not only very friendly but were also very helpful with helping us locate dineing and were always asking if we were satisfied with our room and asked if there was anything else they could help us with. I would certainly recommend this facility to all my friends and business associates.

1 Thank Julio M
Labib H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites San Antonio – Fiesta Park, responded to this review, December 11, 2011
I'm happy to hear that we were able to guide you in the right direction. There are plenty of excellent restaurants in the area and I'm glad you were able to find one which met your needs. If we can be of any further assistance on your future travels, do keep us in mind.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed December 6, 2011

WOW! the customer service was above standard. The girls at the front desk gave me directions, and information about things to do and see in San Antonio. There was a not one need that wasn't met. Housekeeping serviced my room quick and gave me everything necessary right along wuth shower gel. Who does that? I was impressed. Real Hospitatlity. The GM even spoke and was very friendly during breakfast. I don't beleive, in all my travel I've ever seen or witnessed a GM who mingled with their guests. You got a 10 from me!!!

Room Tip: The queen Suites are great. I had the one facing the pool..Opened my curtains and enjoyed the view.
1 Thank Price W
I certainly thank you on behalf of our team for leaving us a generous review. We constantly try to better ourselves at what we do. Being on par in terms of price and quality only gets you into the game. Service wins the game.
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Ok so this is my 3rd stay here for 3 to 4 days at a time. and for the money its not so bad even though the rooms could be cleaner.. ( hair on the shower walls, a previous occupants underwear left under my sink and no wash cloths one day ) so i call the front desk to let them know my interernet does not work , and was told by (Paula ) the desk clerk " well its working down here so it must be your computer" ok so i take my computer down to the front desk and it connects right away proving her theory wrong right in front of her she still refused to help me remedy the problem.. i suggessted that maybe they could give me another room to see if it worked and according to her ,her manager said no " its working here in the lobby so he can't change rooms " i will never stay at this hotel again due to the rudeness of the desk clerk (Paula) and the( management ) who refused to help remedy the problem... these people clerk and management acted as if they could care less about trying to satisfy the customer .. not to mention i was a customer who had been staying here 3 to 4 days a week with many more to follow.... and by the way im sitting in the lobby as i write this review as its the only place i can get a signal...... so if you want good customer service with a staff that acts as if they care about the customer i would highly recommend choosing another hotel... there are many in this same area , one of which i will be choosing for my future buisness trips........

Room Tip: can not reccommend
2 Thank Terry T
Labib H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites San Antonio – Fiesta Park, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
We certainly appreciate the time you took out of your day to give us a heads up on the internet connection. We strive really hard to keep our standards high and have partnered with Time Warner Cable to keep a consistent 10mbps. Sometimes the speed does slow down due to the bandwith. In a nut shell, the more guests that are on a certain access point, the slower it tends to get, but just a bit and that's why the lobby gives you a better signal at the end of the day because no one is on that particular access point. Being constantly full at our hotel, we will definitely look into getting more bandwith with Time Warner. We, here at HOJO, certainly apologize for you inconvenience and hope you will consider us in your future travels as we are working diligently on making the property another place to call home.
Denver, CO
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I couldn't be more impressed with this hotel and my wallet appreciated it as it was very reasonably priced!!! My room was quiet, clean and not to mention it smelled fresh, my bed was comfortable, the breakfast was AMAZING...much better then any breakfast I have ever had at a hotel, and that is just the beginning because as I spoke with the front desk, I learned that the hotel is about to be renovated. The hotel already has a nice, clean, eye catching look on the outside, as it was just painted too. And the service, oh, I could go on for days about how awesome they are. They are professional, helpful, generous, and willing to go the extra mile to help with directions and suggestions. This amenity rich hotel was great because I could keep my snacks in the fridge, warm them in the microwave, and my wife did not have to bring along her hair dryer or an iron. I think I have found my home away from home, as I travel to SA frequently to visit family. Can not wait to come back here!

Room Tip: Quiet hotel and the suites are HUGE!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jack D
It feels extremely good to know that we offer a good, clean product at a relatively lower price than anyone else in the area and/or town. Please to consider us on your future travels to the Alamo City.
Atlanta
Reviewed November 3, 2011

PRIOR to New Mgmt- I stayed previously and wasn't very happy with the service I received from the previous staff. Breakfast was very sparce and nothing like I had expected a Complimentary HOT breakfast to be. the Owner was extremely rude upon checking in, as though I was disturbing him. Once I learned of new mgmt I thought I'd give it one last chance. I was extremely impressed. The price was perfect. But most of all the staff was friendly and very helpful. Linens and towels had been upgraded, as well as comforters, etc. The entire lobby and public areas were clean. Most importantly, my room was clean, and comfortable. It was definately a peaceful and pleasant stay. I will be back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Rena R
The property is under new management since the last week in July. We are working extremely hard on making every stay comfortable to ensure you go back home wanting to return to our Howard Johnson in the beautiful city of San Antonio. If we can assist you on your future travels, feel free to contact us at anytime.