“Pleasantly surprised”

Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Northwest Medical Center
Ranked #78 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is by far the best Best Western hotel in San antonio that we have stayed in. The room was extremely clean, the staff was extremely helpful. Breakfast was great; plenty of variety of items. We will definitely comeback, and I would highly recommend it. A little pricey but well worth it

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Okay, let me first say I am not against dogs in hotel rooms. What I am against is barking dogs in hotel rooms. Okay to my actual review.... Upon arriving at the hotel it was me and my 3 kids we were staying there for the night to catch up on sleep before heading home after Spring Break fun. We were not in the room for an hour before the dog in the room directly across from is began barking NON STOP. After 10-15 min I went down to the front desk where the young lady was in a back room getting a lower back massage by the gentleman that was on duty also. Very NON professional and acquired at the same time. I told her about the dog and she was going to try and get a hold of the ppl. Needless to say the dog didn't stop barking so I checked out. Had the dog and the front seat incident not happened I really think it would have been a great hotel. The beds were comfy even though I only laid on it less than an hr. They had 2 chairs that were comfy, the bathroom was a good size. I think they had a fridge but not positive. They do serve breakfast but not sure what it consist of. It's also in a good location lots of restaurants around the hotel. I would just make sure to ask them to put you in a room not next to a dog. This is the only time I have ever checked out of a hotel, and hope it's the last!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank carmickleklan
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Best Western of choice when in San Antonio. Nice clean rooms, good breakfast tacos and close to everywhere I want to be- mainly North Star Mall and the Quarry! Also easy access from major freeways and to principal arteries in the city. If travelling with someone with limited mobility, make sure you ask and get a room on the ground floor as there is no elevator.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on two occasions (it is now our hotel of choice) when we visited San Antonio, Texas. The staff is extremely courteous. The hotel accommodations are excellent. The rooms are very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank Cynthia G. V
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The adage "you get what you pay for" is typically very accurate. However, the value I received for the price I paid to stay at this property definitely exceeded my expectations. The rooms are spacious, clean, and quiet. The quality of the furnishings and bedding were excellent and the high-speed internet always worked well ! Too many times that is not the case --- and in much more costly hotel properties. I travel almost every week for my job and stay in a lot of hotels across the country. This property was one of the best and I would highly recommend it for anyone in the staying the San Antonio area. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping centers, a large grocery store, and easy freeway access within a few blocks. One of my top picks this year !

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This motel was exceptional even for a Best Western, which are always good. The bed was excellent, and the sheets and pillowcases were crisp. The internet was adequate and didn't require a password. I wish more hotels were like that. TV and remote were easy to use, unlike some motels that have a Dish Network external box. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Had an excellent stay, relaxing and enjoyable. The Staff was most hospitable and enjoyed San Antonio immensely. the Rodeo was excellent, food excellent and traffic was horrible. If I ever come back to San Antonio, this will be my preferred place to stay and intend to come back again soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends