“BEST WESTERN PLUS Posada Ana Inn - Medical Center”

Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Northwest Medical Center
Ranked #76 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I hope this review helps the next traveler. It cost me days of prior researching, but in the end I am glad I chose this hotel. Please keep your reviews honest. Front desk staff were all friendly and helpful during the 7 days we stayed at this hotel. The breakfast is excellent even though it is the same every morning, but has variety and is a full breakfast, warm too. The location is great to get on to I-10 quickly, plenty of restaurant variety around hotel. The hall where our non-smoking room was smelled like cigarette smoke, but the actual room did not. The walls between the rooms are excellent because we did not hear the guest in the other rooms and they had kids as well. The room was very clean and was always cleaned when we returned. They have an ice machine on every other floor and you need to use your magnetic strip key to get in to the hotel through the side doors which are always locked. I parked our CR-V in different spots and all spots were safe. Overall: Location, Value, Friendliness, Food and safeness is excellent for the nightly rate I paid.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Really good experience, rooms were clean, the use of trip advisor was spot on. Some of the pictures could have been decieving but all the rateings were spot on. Really enjoyed my stay and the rooms were really good price was ok for the surrounding area. thanks.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was a very clean, comfortable hotel about 14 miles northwest of the center of San Antonio. I had a very comfortable stay in a non-smoking, King room. It had a refrigerator, microwave, and a nice desk area where I could hook up my laptop and use the hotel's WIFI, which worked fine. The bed was comfortable. I also took advantage of the complimentary breakfast and though it was adequate to get the day started. The lobby area where the breakfast was served was pleasant had plenty of seating available.

The only down-side to the hotel was the location if you want to venture downtown to the River Walk and Alamo area. The hotel is located northwest of the city center right at an I-10 exit. Getting downtown requires that you navigate the 14 miles over 3 connecting interstates, I-10, I-35, and I-37. If you are not familiar with San Antonio, managing these Interstates freeways in the city can be quite challenging. I went downtown and was very happy to be able to return to my hotel in one piece, only to be faced with having to get up the next morning and traverse two of the the same exchanges on my way out of town. I should have opted for a hotel a little closer to the center of town, but that is not any fault of this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask them where any motorcycles might park and opt for a room away from those spaces. I had a motorc...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had unfortunately planned to be here during Fiesta days (27-28 April) - a week ahead of Cinco de Mayo (5 May), and it was the only affordable choice near San Antonio. A large choir group of teenagers were also at the hotel and "broke" the elevator by jumping up and down in it - Luckily it can be easily reset, which the maintenance team did after they checked out, so no elevator for one night. Otherwise, the hotel was actually pretty quiet even with this large group of over 40 kids, and the beds were comfortable. The desk clerk warned us of the choir group's breakfast time, so they could leave for their concert, and we could avoid being in the breakfast room at the same time. The hotel staff were very friendly and did their best in sometimes trying circumstances.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I booked this hotel for a very reasonable price compare to other hotels I was pricing. I also booked this hotel for the location. I wanted to be in the center of Sea World and Downtown San Antonio. The hotel was average and looked much like the pictures on the site. I was on the second floor which is non-smoking but when we stepped out of the elevator I could smell the stitch of smoke. I was not to thrilled about the smell. The beds were not the softest and the pillows were too bulky for me. So if you do not like bulky pillows bring your own. I also requested a crib which was waiting in the room before I checked in...a plus! Breakfast was free and great. This was a big plus for me. Brenda was the person who handled the breakfast buffet and did an excellent job. She assisted me with making my waffle. She also went out of her way to provide me and a few other guests with some more sausage as the buffet was about to close. She made all the guests happy. Overall my experience was great and so was the staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I have no complaints. It was very clean and the staff was nice and friendly. I really liked the area because everything was easily accessible. There were plenty of restaurants snd convenient stores. I was really pleased with the restroom; it was extremely clean.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We booked this hotel on Priceline for $80 a night. It was Memorial Day weekend, and it was by far the best deal that we could find. The location is great, very close to La Contera and Downtown San Antonio.

First impressions were that the hotel was clean, but not updated. Overall it was definitely worth the money. It provided a great free breakfast, a clean room, and a hot shower. It's not a four star resort, but it will exceed your expectations if you are on a budget.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family