“A good value, but noisy”

Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Northwest Medical Center
Ranked #77 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel which is next to the Drury Inn, where we have stayed before. Since Drury was booked, we decided to try this Best Western. To our surprise, we saw a plaque at the front desk that said the BW hotel is actually run by Drury Inn. In any case, I wish I could say it was as nice as Drury was, but it wasn't.

Our room was clean and the shower was great. The pillows were too hard and big and I woke up with neck strain. The breakfast was very good and the location of the hotel was convenient to restaurants and shopping. It is a little trek to downtown, but we had a car and it was no big deal.

The worst thing about this hotel was the location of our room. We were told that although we had requested a room away from the elevators/ice machine, this room, which was the second room from the front desk, was the only one available. It was horribly NOISY. We heard every person walking to and from their rooms, to and from breakfast, toilets flushing and showers running, and worst of all, above us were what sounded like a heard of elephants running and jumping until 2am. We called the front desk several times about the noise and were told that they would go to the upstairs room and ask them to quiet down. Unfortunately, whether they did or not is unclear, because the noise never stopped. We woke up tired fom lack of sleep.

If it weren't for the bad room location, I would say this was a decent hotel for the cost. So if you try staying here, be sure you get an upstairs room at the end of the hall. The walls are thin and the floors loud, so you'll want to be where traffic doesn't cross your room.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Northwest Medical Center

Reviewed January 30, 2012

This hotel is clean and neat. The staff was nice (except for the security guard who saw me struggling with a wheelchair, 2 suitcases, and the key card and chose to allow the door to shut and walk away.) The parking lot can only be turned into from one direction so be sure to print out clearly marked maps and directions.

Room Tip: The 4th floor doesn't have an ice machine so I found there to be less foot traffic.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2012

What a surprise! Having paid only $62 for a double bed room for 4, my entire family was pleased with the room. While it could use some updating, it was well worth the price. Ok workout room, ok pool, super nice front desk, well lit parking, and right by the freeway for quick convience. The breakfast was not bad at all and the coffee was great. An excellent value for those of us who sometimes need to save a few bucks.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank txidaho88
Reviewed December 7, 2011

The price is great. The accomodations are clean, comfortable and complete. Free wifi, the breakfast is good and the service is great. Everyone was friendly. It's an easy on and off the freeway, there's a Starbucks up the street. You couldn't ask for more.

Room Tip: This place will accomodate whatever type of room you want
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Clean and quiet hotel. I had a overnight stay in San Antonio for some family buisiness and at the last min. needed a place to stay. I had my dog with me and they were very nice and did not charge a pet fee nor give me any hassell whatsoever over having a non service dog. i would stay here again without question. The front desk attendants were extremely nice.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gymratslsmn
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed here for a two-day vacation in San Antonio. We arrived late-night, and we received friendly service during check-in. The room was clean, comfy, and spacious. The service was wonderful, we loved it. There is a delicious breakfast downstairs including eggs, biscuits, sausage, and much more. The service was nice, and the price was affordable as well. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a hotel in this area. This is close to Sea World, Cornerstone Church, plenty of dining options, and much more. God bless, and rate my reviews helpful:)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank newenglandgirl22
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Clean and quiet room, very spacious and comfortable. Large bathroom, very clean. They put me in the room closest to the lobby and desk and as a woman traveling alone I appreciated that. The breakfast area is very large and clean, and the variety of food was outstanding. Hot scrambled eggs and sausage, all kinds of baked goods and breads, cereals, biscuits and gravy, anything you could want. Check in was friendly and smooth. Check out was a breeze, they put the bill under my door on my last morning.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family