“Clean, Affordable, Pleasurable”

Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld
Ranked #161 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I stayed at the Ramada San Antonio Seaworld for 3 nights. The hotel was very clean and I found all of the staff friendly and helpful in answering my questions on where to eat and what to visit. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay there again. It is convenient to the freeway and easy to access. I do agree with a previous poster that brighter lightbulbs would be nice.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank CapPalm
RamadaSanAntonio, General Manager at Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience with Ramada SeaWorld Area.

Reviewed September 13, 2010

In Texas for the first time, for my daughter's BMT graduation. Staff was terrific, pointing out directions, helpful points. Comfortable beds, clean rooms, good stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
RamadaSanAntonio, General Manager at Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2010

Thank you for your review and please come back to San Antonio.

Reviewed September 12, 2010

We stayed at the Ramada to attend BMT graduation. The hotel is very conveniently located for this, just go 410 S to the Valley Hi exit, turn left, and you run right into the gate. (The very helpful staff told us to take 90 E to Military; this works, but not as easy.) The area is not the greatest, but nowhere around Lackland is, really. The rest of our group stayed at the LaQuinta next door. I have to admit we only chose Ramada because they have queen beds and LaQuinta has full, and because of the discount for the extended stay, but we are very happy we made the choice. The LaQuinta rooms are smaller,and they have no amenities like the fridge, microwave and safe. Their outside rooms are facing a high school football field. During a Thursday night game, several of our group's cars were broken into at the LaQuinta. I notified our front desk what was happening next door, and they immediately said they would have someone patrol the parking area. We have had nothing but a positive experience here, none of the problems others have mentioned. For a two star hotel, it is extremely satisfactory.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank cloudlessdayz
RamadaSanAntonio, General Manager at Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2010

Thank you very much for your review and we hope to exceed your expectation everytime.

Reviewed July 4, 2010

I booked a two-night stay at the Ramada, and had a fairly uneventful first night. But I returned the second night to discover my room hadn't been cleaned: the beds were unmade and I hadn't been provided any towels. When I called the front desk to complain, the attendant told me there was nothing she could do and suggested I take up the issue with her manager the next day. She claimed I had marked the room Do Not Disturb, but not only had I not done so, I couldn't even find a DND card for the door when I went on a 7 am run, leaving my husband asleep. We certainly had not left anything on the door when we left before 9 am. The attendant was extraordinary rude, and suggested that if I wanted towels, I could get them myself.

2  Thank shm9496
RamadaSanAntonio, General Manager at Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2010

We are sorry for the inconvenience first of all. Your satisfaction is our priority. We will go ahead and address the issue to our staff if there was a lack of customer service. Please give me a call at 210-521-1485 ext. 245 so I can assist you further.

Reviewed June 3, 2010

We got this hotel through Priceline for 1 night while visiting SeaWorld. We were traveling with our infant & toddler. We arrived early afternoon to check-in & were informed by the desk attendant that we would be placed in a smoking room. The parking lot was empty & the hotel was not full. The attendant even told us that although there were non-smoking rooms still available, she had been instructed by her manager to give Priceline/Expedia customers smoking rooms & save the non-smoking rooms for customers who walk-in & pay full price. We explained that our toddler had asthma & we begged for a non-smoking room but the attendant told us that she would be fired if she gave us one. We were extremely dissapointed in this. We even called Ramada customer service & they said the manager could do this & they could not help us. We have used Priceline Many, many times & have never experienced this type of treatment.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank klw3287
RamadaSanAntonio, General Manager at Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2010

We apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. Our policy is not to discriminate customers from Priceline or from Expedia. Please give me a call directly at 210-521-1485 (ext. 245) and I'll be glad to rectify the issue here and promise to address that to my staff.

Reviewed May 2, 2010

I called hotel.com on Friday 5/30 for a last min Seaworld weekend get away for May 1st weekend. The room was about $70 a night which included a continental breakfast. The motel was not that bad; about average to low on exterior. The interior and the staff made up for everything else. Manager even gave use a call 30min after checking in, to see if we were happy with the room. Bedding, floors, where clean, towels were folded very neatly and tight pillows nice and fluffy. The room were nicer then I expected. Rooms include free WIFI, Mini frig, safe, personal coffee maker, air dryer all amenities where nice TV needs to be upgraded to a flat screen. Sat morning we enjoyed the continental breakfast my 9 yr old boy was impressed with the do it yourself waffles in the shape of the state of Texas. The Motel also sold Seaworld tickets for $58 adults $48 children. The tickets were 2day passes which were cheaper then the 1day passes at the Sea world gate. Motel was about 5-7min away from Sea World and 20-30 min away from Down Town San Antonio.
The staff went out of their way for me. This was also the weekend of the Mosley/Shane PPV fight. The staff specifically a front desk clerk named (Victoria) called around to see what sport bars were showing the fight; just like expensive Hotel Concierge.

Next its not located in the nicest part of town, but it didn't make use feel un-at-ease. Seem like the other motel guest were just like us or family coming there to visit Air Force personal. I'm assuming there is a Air Force school or boot camp near by. I would stay here again only if I where going to Sea World again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your response and we are glad that we met your expectation. Please come back.

Reviewed April 18, 2010

Very impressed with the quality of this motel aimed at the budget minded traveler. Rooms where nice and clean, the a/c unit was quiet and recently installed and room service had the rooms cleaned by noon. We were there for my son's Air Force bmt graduation and this motel was jut off I-410 and just a 10 minute drive from the base. Restaurants are everywhere and close to the Ramada. Very pleased with our stay for under $90.00/night.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family