“Safe, clean place to stay”

Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld
Ranked #158 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
“Safe, clean place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed here when I had to attend my husbands Lackland basic training graduation. It was a good location overall, really easy access to the main roads and has Wendy's, Denny's and a couple other restaurants within walking distance. I actually ended up in a handicapped room due to availability but it was in no way a problem. I had several of my in-laws book here as well without encountering any problems. I felt safe while here even being a young woman alone and I thought that the room was well kept and clean. They give plenty of towels and toiletries that I didn't need to use much of anything I brought. The continental breakfast was good and simple with even some prepackaged food if you are on the go. My only problem was that from my room I could see the Wendys drive-through window which in itself was not a problem but I could also hear people ordering. Thankfully, however the AC made it barely noticeable.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank afwife12
RamadaSanAntonio, General Manager at Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Ramada San Antonio Seaworld Area while attending the military basic training graduation. We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. Feel free to call us back when you come back to San Antonio, Texas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Galloway, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed here for Lackland Graduation. We arrived before check in time and to my surprise they had our room ready. It was very nice 2 queen size beds, fridge,microwave, hair dryer,coffee pot. A nice table and chairs to sit at for work or eating. The beds were very comfortable,3 queen size pillows and a small deco one,made for a great nights sleep. The air conditioner was great, it was so hot! The bathroom was clean,had a great shower massage shower head,perfect after a day at Lackland AFB. They have a continental breakfast, cereal, bagels, Danish,muffins fruit, coffee, tea,juice,yogurt and the best waffles. You make them yourself, they are shaped like the state of Texas! The staff was great! Every time I needed something they were there to help. I needed scissors boom scissors, I needed an envelope I got one, needed help with the Internet, I got it, maps yes! San Antonio freeways are a nightmare! They are not user friendly to those who have never been to San Antonio. So the staff was very helpful getting us where we wanted to go. They also have a pool looked very nice but do to a very busy weekend never got to go for a swim.

Room Tip: Rooms facing La Quinta are very quiet. They are on the backside of the hotel. Also use gps to get ar...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Afmom43119
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Please come back and see us soon.
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights and it appears the cleaning staff does not do a good job of cleaning. When we returned from our outing the mirros were still dirty, the coffee pot
had dust which indicates nothing was dusted. There was a small roach on the shower curtain and the sink was leaking water from underneath which caused a foul smell because carpet was getting wet. I believe the cleaning staff just goes in and vacuums and changes bed covers if needed and provides new towels other than that they don't wipe stuff down. My son walked around in his white socks after showering and they were filthy, only shows how dirty carpet is. They need to hire more cleaning staff or make sure the cleaning staff is doing their job because it is gross. Just imagine the germs on the phone, tv remote, door knobs, etc. that is why it is important that everything gets wiped. We also noticed some sort of stain on the wall in the restroom.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
RamadaSanAntonio, General Manager at Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Apparently your experience was anything less than satisfying. We do believe in providing quality service and exceeding the expectations. While we also address the issue with our staff, I am available at (210) 521 1485 Ext. 245 to assist you with your concern anytime.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

We had three rooms for my son's AF graduation. We all thought the rooms were nice, comfortable and clean. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was great. We all would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were assigned handicap rooms, which was okay, because the bathrooms were very large.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
RamadaSanAntonio, General Manager at Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Thank you very much for staying at the Ramada San Antonio SeaWorld Area. We are glad that we were able to meet your expectations.
Baton Rouge, La
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stayed here while attending our son's graduation at Lackland AFB in February 2012. The base is about 6 miles away mostly I-410. The hotel is just off the interstate at Culebra Rd. behind the Wendy's. Very clean rooms (we had two) and a great price. Let them know that you are attending a military function and they will give you a military rate.

This was an outside access , two story, hotel. Very well maintained inside & out. Free wi-fi that was sometimes "spotty", but did work well enough to check email & facebook postings. The water pressure in the shower was not real strong, but because of the special shower head used, it was substantial and made up for the lack of water pressure. The beds were comfortable and the linens were nice. A/C & Heat worked very well.

The reason for the very good rating instead of excellent is not because of anything that can be fixed. Our room faced Culebra Rd and there is a fire station across the street. When the trucks leave out at whatever time of day or night, they have their sirens pointed directly at your room (if you are on the street side of the hotel) and you WILL hear them! There also is limited parking on the street side of the hotel. We had to park on the opposite side 2 of our 4 nights there. If possible, request the non street side for your room(s). On one night a couple arrived at 2 am and must have slammed every door in their mini van at least five times each. Of course, that is not something that the hotel has any control over. It still woke us up, but that's what you may get with an outside room access hotel.

The free breakfast was great, especially for the price. Waffle batter and a Texas shaped waffle iron so you can make your own waffle in 2 minutes. They are very good! Coffee, juice, milk, pastries, mini sausage biscuits, full size biscuits, instant oatmeal, etc. are included.

Every single person of the staff that we contacted was extremely friendly and helpful. The owner really has his "ship in order" with this one. If you are looking for a high end hotel, this is not the place for you. I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for a great place to stay for an even better price.

Room Tip: Request a room on the side opposite of the road for better parking and less noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Luvs2camp
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. See you again when you come back to San Antonio.
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed here while attending our son's graduation at Lackland AFB. It was very easy to get to the base. It was convenient to downtown and restaurants. The price was great, we received a discount for staying over 3 nights, very affordable. Hotel is not a brand new one but was very clean, showers were very good, beds were comfortable, carpet was new, and the staff was pleasant. Tony was wonderful and very helpful. The fridge and microwave were nice to have.The a/c and heat worked great and yes we needed to use both. Breakfast had everything we needed from danish, fruit, cereal, bagels, waffle maker, yogurt, juice and coffee. We will stay here again when our next son graduates from the Air Force.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Theresa B
RamadaSanAntonio, General Manager at Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld, responded to this review, February 12, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad that 'Ramada SeaWorld' was able to exceed your expectations.
South Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stayed at this Ramada to attend graduation at Lackland AFB. This Ramada is very convenient to the base and not far from downtown. We got a great discount for staying 4 nights (20% off!). I was worried about the condition we might find becasue of some of the reviews here, but I am very pleased to say this hotel is in great shape.

The lobby is very nice, very clean, nicely decorated, and Tony was very sweet and helpful and found my reservation in seconds and I was checked in very quickly.

Our room was spotless and smelled good. Ramada is in the process of putting new furniture in all the rooms and ours had been replaced already with a very nice round table and chairs, new dresser, work table, and bedside tables. The bathroom was very clean and hot water was quick and plentiful. The shower also had a very nice massaging shower head which was great for my sore back. The bed was very comfortable and the carpet was very clean. I walked around in my socks and they were not a bit dirty.

All of the lamps and outlets worked, the TV worked and we had a fridge and microwave, which was very nice. I also used the small room safe and that was nice to have.
The service was very good, we had plenty of towels everyday and the toiletries we used were replaced. The first night, our AC started making a noise so we turned it off and the next morning I reported it. When we returned that afternoon, it had been fixed and we had no more problems. It kept the room really cool and never had that musty smell that some do.

The breakfast area was very clean and I even talked to the hotel manager one morning who was in there overseeing the breakfast. He was very nice and asked if we needed anything. He also had comment cards in the rooms and posted in the lobby that openly asked for opinions and feedback and provided contact numbers for himself. That is a first for me as you hardly ever know who's in charge in other places and never see or are able to contact them. This is a man who knows how to provide customer service and get return business!

Our toilet backed up the last night and unfortunately, they could not find a plunger. They offered for us to change rooms, but I was very tired and just didn't want to move all my stuff, so they offered us a room key to use the bathroom in another room, but I didn't want to do that either. So, I drove 3 minutes to WalMart and bought a plunger and had my toilet cleared in a few minutes. I was pleased that they discounted my room for that night even though I didn't take them up on another room.

We ordered Chinese delivery from Sun Sun (menu in the room). They deliver to your room and it was delicious and convenient after a long day at Lackland.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would recommend this Ramada to anyone looking for convenience, cleanliness, and an affordable stay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the freeway were probably quieter as there is a busy fire station across the street fro...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank S B
We believe in excellent customer service and quality accommodation. Thank you and can't wait to see you back soon.