“Don't waste your time.”

Neighborhood: Northwest Side
San Antonio, Texas
“Don't waste your time.”
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I wish I could give this place ZERO stars.

My family was rudely "greeted" by your hostess (an elderly female w/ a European accent) and asked to leave because we had children in our party; we arrived for an early dinner. We only wanted to expose our children to a cultural experience with "authentic tapas" but were denied service and asked to leave. We were told by the hostess that reservations were necessary, but as we were leaving, we asked a young couple who came in after us whether they had reservations; they responded that this was a casual restaurant and that they never make reservations at Espana. In addition, there were at least 8 empty tables in the establishment. To our disappointment, the hostess was not only discourteous, but blatantly lied to us. Due to this exasperating experience, we will never return nor will we recommend this establishment to our friends and family. It is a shame that even my 5 year old daughter recognized the unprofessionalism and insolence of the hostess. Not what I call a family friendly neighborhood establishment.

2 Thank Patrick78233

San Antonio
“Good music; ok menu”
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I'm glad Espana opened up in S.A. The Saturday night flamenco is always worth it--each time I've gone the performers were local San Antonians, except once when the singer was from another TX city.
I agree with some of the other reviews about the food: overpriced--not for the amount of food (we are speaking about Spanish tapas, not American buffets)--but for the quality. The paella was nowhere near what I've had in Spain or even South America. I usually eat elsewhere before walking into Espana for flamenco, and then treat myself to the sangria, and a plate of grapes and sliced apples with a glass of sherry.

San Antonio, TX
“My wife loved the sangria. Too much...”
Reviewed February 10, 2010

My wife loved the sangria. Too much seafood on the menu. Way, way, way, way, over priced.

1 Thank texasmosaic
San Antonio
“Authentic Tapas”
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Spanish cuisine is one of my favorites and Espana provides an authentic taste of Spain. The food is excellent. Jack and Maria, the owners, each visited our table to talk to us about the menu, I wish them much success.

2 Thank IWorldTraveler
Native San Antonian
“Great Fun and the Flamenco Dancers are the Best”
Reviewed August 8, 2009

I have been there twice and loved loved loved it. The atmosphere is great, the Sangria is even better. I loved it so much I bought a t-shirt to wear around town for advertisement. I agree, it is not a place for babies. When guests come in from out of town that is my place of choice to take them. Food and drinks can take a while but it is well worth it plus I love the atmosphere so just sit back and chill.

2 Thank Seasonbreeze