“False advertising”

Motel 6 San Antonio - Fiesta Trails
Motel 6 San Antonio - Fiesta Trails
Ranked #307 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Room was clean & newly redecorated, plenty of convenient electrical outlets, staff was friendly, but the motel is changing to a Motel 6. No advertised breakfast, no Kleenex in room, etc. For the area it's worth the price, but false advertising rankles.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stan A

Reviewed January 4, 2014

The price is right for a nice bed to sleep in. I've definitely stayed at better places and definitely some that are WAY worse. While we stayed the hotel was under renovations so there were a few things that were out of place.
There weren't any headboards on the beds but that's because they were being replaced. I don't have a headboard at home so it didn't really matter to me.
The beds were comfortable and clean; the carpets looked fairly clean and free of satins and yuck. There was a fridge and microwave in the room but no coffee maker. We are not coffee drinkers but that was noticeably missing. The fridge and microwave worked just fine for us as well.
The room was clean but the toilet leaked water when you flushed it. We were only sleeping there and not hanging out all day so the little annoying things didn't bother us that much; if I had to live there or stay there longer than the two nights we did, I may have been bothered.
Our room was a double queen and was surprisingly spacious; we were able to put our baby's pack and play in a corner of the room near the beds and it was in no ones way. Most of the TV channels that were listed did not work but like I said we were only there to sleep.
We had adequate hot water for showers and there were plenty of clean towels. The front desk staff were friendly and even let us borrow a pair of scissors. Some of the cleaning staff are very artsy, when we arrived there were some cleaning cloths on the sink that had been folded into the shape of a duck; the kids liked that.
We stayed the night before and the night of New Year's Eve. There were fireworks at midnight that people must have been setting off in nearby neighborhoods but you're in Texas so that's expected. The hotel was near enough to Sea World yet far enough away that we didn't feel like we were at Sea World the entire trip. There is an HEB (grocery store) right near the hotel, along with Target and some other stores.
There is also McDonald's, Denny's and IHOP nearby, which is good because the Continental Breakfast they advertise at the hotel is the worst I've ever seen. It was coffee, bread and butter. They had a toaster nearby if you wanted to toast your "prison breakfast". The one lost star is because of the false advertisement for the Free Continental Breakfast; free toast and coffee should be what it says.
Anyway, my baby was fussy on New Year's Eve so I took her out of the room so my family could sleep. The staff at the front desk had no problem with the baby and me hanging out in the lobby for a little while until she settled down enough to be put into bed. Their lobby sofas were comfortable and clean so I wasn't afraid. :)
I would stay here again because it was very affordable for my family and it didn't suck. I can look past small issues, I know it's not the Ritz.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Wound up doing around in San Antonio longer than expected, and decided to get a room on my way out of town rather than make the drive home in the dark. Well, as it turned out, this was the same night that George Strait was giving his final hometown concert (a Saturday night), and San Antonio was packed. So options were extremely limited, otherwise I would have never stayed here. Room was $90, but I was at least able to apply a $65 Welcome Rewards certificate from Hotels.com, making it $35 out of pocket for me - which is a lot closer to what a room here probably should cost.

Room was very basic but clean, and staff was actually very friendly, so I'll give that credit where it's due. But this is just an older, rather shabby property that seems to be used mostly by folks on summer vacation with small kids and families traveling from Mexico.

When I got into my room around 10PM, it was very warm - but it turns out the AC was already on, full blast. It just hardly put out any air at all, and what little it did was about as warm and powerful as someone breathing on you. So the entire night was rather sweltering, and I had to sleep on the saggy bed with no covers at all to make it bearable.

When I went to use the wifi, you needed a code, but it hadn't been provided to me at check-in. So I tried to call the front desk, except that all the buttons on the phone seemed to work except for the zero. So, from the far end of the motel, I trudged down to the front desk past several noisy families gathered along the walk. (I'm guessing that, like my room, it was probably cooler and more comfortable outside the rooms than inside them.) I got the wifi code from the front desk person quickly with no problem, and went back up to the room, only to find the internet was down. So this time I took the broken phone with me, went back down to the front office, asked them to reset the server, and asked to switch out phones in case I needed to call again. They told me they'd reset the server right away, and brought a phone out from the back that looked grungy (but at least they wiped it with a cleaning cloth before handing it over). So, back up to the room - again - and even after waiting a good bit, still no wifi. So I tried to call down using the new phone, and it turned out this one didn't work AT ALL. Well, I know when to accept defeat.

Thought I'd at least check out what was on HBO on the old CRT TV-set - but even though HBO was on the list of in-room channels, they apparently no longer subscribe to it.

After a gloriously sweaty night, I woke up at 6AM to thunder, and the cool front that had blown in had mercifully lowered the temps and the room no longer felt like a sauna. Went down for a very basic breakfast (milk and cereal and a couple pastry things), asked once more if they could reset the internet server - and bingo, it was working great by the time I got back to the room, and I was able to use it briefly before checking out. It just would have been nice if they had actually re-set it the night before, when I asked the first time.

So, all in all, don't expect too much here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We made a reservation on march 5 , 10 days before our stay! When we got here our reservation had been cancelled. The front desk said the credit card didnt go through and that they called and left a voicemail that we never got they also said they sent a cancellation email which we got just today the first night we stayed here... They made us pay 150.00 dollars for a suite even though the room was nice if ur staying there on a weekend and u have problems there is never a manager available! We also woke up with no hot water and it is 10:00 and it is still not fixed!

I would never stay here again! They have bad customer service they dont care about the ppl who stay in their hotel and they have no management!

3-17-13

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Excellent Stay, the room was well organized and well kept. The staff was very welcoming! They had continental breakfast which was good! Will recommend it to my friends and family again! Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Do not stay in this hotel unless you are completly fine with sleeping with cockroaches. They are there and they are big and they are very discusting. And not to metion the staff there is extermly rude. It may be cheap and easy on your wallet but trust spend the extra money and stay in a cockroach free hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2009

This is the phrase I used during my overnight stay at this place. When I got there my room was not ready, so I was told to come back in an hour. When I came back I was told my room was ready and I checked in. I discovered they had given me the handicapped room instead because 'all the other kingsize-bed rooms were booked' (even though I'd made a reservation well in advance). My room smelled awful, and the mini-fridge kept making a loud noise. The bed was visibly saggy, most of the lights didn't work, and the TV was broken as well. The bathroom was somewhat clean, but the towels had stains on them (looked like makeup, which can easily be washed out with HOT WATER and BLEACH. Since I packed my own towels, and was only using the room to sleep, I didn't waste time arguing with the front desk. I ended up sleeping in my clothes (the sheets were disgusting) and turning the heat way up (the burnt tire smell was way more appealing than the dead animal smell). The most recent post before mine was in Feb 2008...a year has went by, and there has been no improvements to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo