“customer service and satisfaction”

Super 8 San Antonio/Fiesta
Ranked #243 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
A TripAdvisor Member
“customer service and satisfaction”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Issue w/rate, reservation gave good rate, hotel staff did not, when called on phone. Customer satisfaction should always be #1, as well as attitude toward customers. Tree's need to be trimmed, especially at the entrance. Stay was good, could have been a little more super. Hava Smilin Good n Blessd 1, a!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tlaquepaque, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We booked this hotel by mistake so, we had to stay here for the pre-paid night. Yuck.... the stench of cigarrette in our non-smoking room was terrible! That, and the notorious stain on the chair's upholstery and an overall worn and dirty feel was enough to get us out of there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Artster
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

I did not stay at Super 8, because I had a cancellation. I knew before cancelling that I would be charged because of their no-refund policy, but 6 times is ridiculous! I called in, and they were very understanding and moved to fix these charges... which took more than a week to get straightened out. During that week, I received 2 more additional charges, 2 deposits for the wrong amount, an overdraft to my bank account, and an additional charge to 'correct' one of the deposits. I'm now out the overdraft fee, the initial charge for the cancelled room, and I'm beyond frustrated with the service I've received. LESSON LEARNED: DON'T DO IT.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
little river, sc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2010

Where do I start? Nothing is right with this place. When we walked in and I tried to turn on the floor lamp as a bedside lamp, I discovered that the lamp socket had been pulled apart and the bulb was hanging down with exposed wiring. That didn't get fixed until the next day. The TV reception was terrible on all channels until I pulled out the TV and checked the connections, and discovered that the antenna cable was almost unscrewed. I fixed that myself. The in-room refrigerator had a freezer section but no ice trays, so we had to go search for ice. The next morning when I asked about them, the manager had no idea what i was talking about. Then came bedtime: two very flat pillows were all the room had. In the morning we went to the lobby breakfast area and found that the few tables there were occupied and we had to carry our meager breakfast back to the room to eat there. Is there anything I can add to warn others to avoid this place like the plague??

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
TEXAS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

Hotel seems ok on the outside, Rooms were dirty, carpet dirty, outdated, Seemed like there were a lot of people living there. Beds felt like you were sleeping on a piece of plywood. I am surprised this hotel still carries the Super 8 logo, considering it should be comdemned.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2009

Right away the front desk clerk was snooty and rolled her eyes at me as she talked (on several occassions.) Room stenched of AJAX cleaner so strongly we had to open the windows for about 2 hours. Dead roach on floor by door. Hotel VERY old!!! "Business center (one computer and printer) was broke. A few good things - PRICE - I mean you get what you pay for (I was not expecting the Ritz - obviously.) They had vending machines for little items you may have forgot (toothbrush/aspirin/etc...) and a pac man arcade game in the hall (nice for kids.) They offered a pool - DID NOT get a chance to see it. THE SHOWER!! no bath just full open shower with drain in middle of bathroom. I liked that - pretty neat. Good water pressure. For $40 i would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Laredo, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

I dont think the $50 Dollars I paid for this hotel were worth it. The staff is not bad, One housekeeping lady looks like a ghost. The hotel and rooms smell like a HOSPITAL IN MEXICO. The sheets and pillow cases are stained, They were dead insects inside the light fixtures. The TVs look like they have been bought at the Flea Market. The hotel was Under Construction and was a Safety Hazzard for the customers. The back door was broken, I dont think the parking lot is safe.The safest Car in the parking was the Hotel Owners Mercedes SUV. The worst thing was thet I had to leave the room at midnight we just couldnt STAND THE PLACE.So If you want to spend some quality time with your family you need to stay elsewhere. But if you are just using the room for other purposes. It is OK.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family