“The stay was very pleasant”

Days Inn San Antonio Northwest/Seaworld
Ranked #240 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I was very unsure of whether to make reservations here because of the bad reviews, but it was the most economical so I went with it. The stay was very pleasant and the staff was very accomadating. I was quoted a price on the phone and that is what I paid. Also, it is the first hotel I stay in where the cleaning staff actually stacks the things that we left out in a neat fashion and also folded all the children's blankets and stacked them neatly on bed. I made a comment to the person that checked me out about how pleased I was and she informed me that the hotel was under new management as of November 2009. It looks like we can scratch off the bad reviews and give this hotel another chance.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 23, 2009

I have never had a worst experience at a hotel than at this location. Basically, we left Sea World and arrived at theNorthwest San Antonio location. The clerk that checked us in at first stated that his system was down and he could not find our reservation. When he was able to get back on the system, he said he could not find our reservation/confirmation number, but that they had plenty of space available. He did not divulge that there was another Days Inn within four or five miles of that location. Being unfamiliar with the area, and knowing that we were in fact in the Northwest area of San Antonio, we stayed at this location. When we decided to stay another night, we made another online reservation. Upon arriving home, we discovered that we had been charged double for two different nights. When we filed a complaint with Days Inn, they discovered that we had actually booked with the other Northwest location. They claimed that since it was a so-called "booking" error that we were not due any recompense. I feel that we were dealt with in a dishonest manner by this hotel. I feel extremely let down by people not using even basic good business practices.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank redfro
Reviewed May 16, 2009

I am currently staying in the hotel. I am staying here for 2 weeks with a team from my company. They are staying a full month. The management refused to give me the same rate as they have since I am not staying as long. They are in a suite and I am in a regular room.
We will have teams here throughout the next 9 months and they will be informed not to stay here from the company that books our travel. So in the end, it is the hotel's loss.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2009

My daughter and I went to the San Antonio area for my son's graduation
from BMT at Lackland AFB. It was our first time out there. We made all
our travel reservations a month ahead of time and got a very good deal.
Ordinarily we would not have been able to afford the flight, motel and rental car.
The Days Inn NW Sea World was easy to find right on the 410 Loop.
We were able to check in very late as there was a clerk at the desk then.
There was a mix-up with our reserved room, but I believe it was due to inexperienced new clerk. We did get the room we had asked for and it
was clean and comfortable with a fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer. The
lobby and breakfast area were clean and well stocked. The room was cleaned each day and was a joy to return to each evening. The cleaning
staff are the Best! The pool area is small but adequate, neat and clean.
The only complaint we had was the doors that had a good 1 inch gap at
the bottom that let in cold draft at night and the constant highway noise. I
am told the motel has been undergoing renovations for the past 2 years
and that new doors are on the slate. Also, bigger newer TV's.
As far as our trip was concerned this was a very good choice because it
is easy to get to Lackland AFB in several minutes (10 approx). When you
are there for visiting an Airman you spend most of your time there on base
or at the attractions like Sea World. If you were going to the old city of
San Antonio for the Alamo, Market, River Walk you would be better off taking the bus from the AF Base because driving and parking from there is a hassle. There are lots of places to dine in the area but you can't walk to them from the motel.
The staff at the motel are very helpful and as I said this was a very good value for the kind of motel it is and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed March 13, 2009

The employees are very friendly and the rooms are very nice. It is located really close to the airforce base, seaworld and the airport. I was in texas to see my best friend who is in the airforce. The staff even offered to upgrade my room to a suite for a few bucks more. It was inexpensive and nice at the same time. I really enjoyed my stay there and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2008

To make a long story short my family and I stayed there in Sept. 2008 because of evacuation from Houston for hurricane Ike. There were hairs from the prior guest in the restroom floor. When room service come the next day they did not change the bedding, instead they just made the bed. Which the during the morning before room service came my infant had spill his milk on the bed. So I call for them to change the bedding. Well after the first day there my husband began to itch all over his body, nothing major at the time, so we did not pay too much attention to it. After we got back home, my whole family was itching. We went to the doctor, sadly but true, my whole family picked up a case of SCABIES, My husband, daugther, 9 month old baby boy and my self. So now we are under treatment trying to get rid of SCABIES.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank nesa79
Reviewed September 16, 2008

This was probably one of our worst experiences in a Days Inn. Our room had a musty smell to it. The sheets did not look clean, though they may have been clean. It was very noisy outside the room late into the night. The continental breakfast was minimum. There was little attempt made to meet a customer's need. The toaster broke--oh well, too bad. When we asked for an iron no attempt was made to get us one (even though they say they will do all they can to meet your needs for these amenities.) Not all the light bulbs in our room worked. I guess you get what you pay for--I went with this cheaper price expecting a Days Inn experience, but it was very disappointing. I wouldn't recommend this place unless you're very desperate.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank customer2008
daysinnseaworld, Manager at Days Inn San Antonio Northwest/Seaworld, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2008

I am responding to your experience with your stay at Days Inn/SeaWorld, San Antonio, TX. I understand your situation and I would ask nothing, but your apology regarding this matter. We are always here to provide best service and satisfaction to our valued guests on daily basis. I agree that we were not able to stand to your full satisfaction because we were trying to assist every guest who were evacuated from hurricane Ike and we ourselves ran into countless and unexpected situations. Even though I would have gave you my personal attention, I was not able to do it since our hotel has reached over maximum capabilities. However, I would ask you to give an opportunity to show you best customer service provided by us in future.