All reviewscancelled my reservationstay there againclose to sea worldpriced hotelc unitlate checknice roomseaworldfreewaychannelsdowntownalamo
Reviewed March 14, 2009

My daughter and I went to the San Antonio area for my son's graduation
from BMT at Lackland AFB. It was our first time out there. We made all
our travel reservations a month ahead of time and got a very good deal.
Ordinarily we would not have been able to afford the flight, motel and rental car.
The Days Inn NW Sea World was easy to find right on the 410 Loop.
We were able to check in very late as there was a clerk at the desk then.
There was a mix-up with our reserved room, but I believe it was due to inexperienced new clerk. We did get the room we had asked for and it
was clean and comfortable with a fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer. The
lobby and breakfast area were clean and well stocked. The room was cleaned each day and was a joy to return to each evening. The cleaning
staff are the Best! The pool area is small but adequate, neat and clean.
The only complaint we had was the doors that had a good 1 inch gap at
the bottom that let in cold draft at night and the constant highway noise. I
am told the motel has been undergoing renovations for the past 2 years
and that new doors are on the slate. Also, bigger newer TV's.
As far as our trip was concerned this was a very good choice because it
is easy to get to Lackland AFB in several minutes (10 approx). When you
are there for visiting an Airman you spend most of your time there on base
or at the attractions like Sea World. If you were going to the old city of
San Antonio for the Alamo, Market, River Walk you would be better off taking the bus from the AF Base because driving and parking from there is a hassle. There are lots of places to dine in the area but you can't walk to them from the motel.
The staff at the motel are very helpful and as I said this was a very good value for the kind of motel it is and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed March 13, 2009

The employees are very friendly and the rooms are very nice. It is located really close to the airforce base, seaworld and the airport. I was in texas to see my best friend who is in the airforce. The staff even offered to upgrade my room to a suite for a few bucks more. It was inexpensive and nice at the same time. I really enjoyed my stay there and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2008

To make a long story short my family and I stayed there in Sept. 2008 because of evacuation from Houston for hurricane Ike. There were hairs from the prior guest in the restroom floor. When room service come the next day they did not change the bedding, instead they just made the bed. Which the during the morning before room service came my infant had spill his milk on the bed. So I call for them to change the bedding. Well after the first day there my husband began to itch all over his body, nothing major at the time, so we did not pay too much attention to it. After we got back home, my whole family was itching. We went to the doctor, sadly but true, my whole family picked up a case of SCABIES, My husband, daugther, 9 month old baby boy and my self. So now we are under treatment trying to get rid of SCABIES.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank nesa79
Reviewed September 16, 2008

This was probably one of our worst experiences in a Days Inn. Our room had a musty smell to it. The sheets did not look clean, though they may have been clean. It was very noisy outside the room late into the night. The continental breakfast was minimum. There was little attempt made to meet a customer's need. The toaster broke--oh well, too bad. When we asked for an iron no attempt was made to get us one (even though they say they will do all they can to meet your needs for these amenities.) Not all the light bulbs in our room worked. I guess you get what you pay for--I went with this cheaper price expecting a Days Inn experience, but it was very disappointing. I wouldn't recommend this place unless you're very desperate.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank customer2008
daysinnseaworld, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham San Antonio Northwest/Seaworld, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2008

I am responding to your experience with your stay at Days Inn/SeaWorld, San Antonio, TX. I understand your situation and I would ask nothing, but your apology regarding this matter. We are always here to provide best service and satisfaction to our valued guests on daily basis. I agree that we were not able to stand to your full satisfaction because we were trying to assist every guest who were evacuated from hurricane Ike and we ourselves ran into countless and unexpected situations. Even though I would have gave you my personal attention, I was not able to do it since our hotel has reached over maximum capabilities. However, I would ask you to give an opportunity to show you best customer service provided by us in future.

Reviewed September 1, 2008

While I’m not typically inclined to write on-line reviews, my experience at this hotel was so frustrating that I want to share it with others so they can beware of booking at this hotel. I choose this Days Inn primarily because of the hotels in the vicinity, this one offered a free pass to the local Bally’s gym. This was explicated noted in the Days Inn website. Upon my arrival, I asked for the pass and after some confusion was eventually told that Bally’s was closed so they did not offer the pass. I decided to drive by the Bally’s to see for myself and lo and behold they were alive and well (they had never been closed). I purchased a day pass and Bally’s generously gave me a pass for the next day.

I spoke to the hotel manager the next morning who now had to change his from his prior lie to a new one. Now he said that they discontinued that service. I explained that I stayed here directly for this benefit and requested that the hotel reimburse my $10 day pass. He refused. Finally, he asked for my receipt and I showed him the receipt that Bally’s had provided which was the day pass handwritten with “paid”. As they don’t do a lot of day passes, this was all they had available. The manager then moved to his next tactic which was to say that wasn’t a valid receipt. Now, $10 for a day pass isn’t really a lot of money but the lies and disrespect from this place was just a bit much to take. This is not an ethical way to run your business and treat a customer.
As for the condition of the hotel- its below average for a Days Inn. It is a discount hotel but the rooms were not very clean the location is very very noisy. The continental breakfast was ok.

So, do yourself a favor- discount hotels are truly a dime a dozen in this area and choose one where they show some basic respect.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank lillieloulou
daysinnseaworld, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham San Antonio Northwest/Seaworld, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2008

I do understand that you had a problem with not getting your money refunded. And i can still assure you that there were no lies and disrespect.
Also i would still refund you $10.00 if you would get the receipt from Balleys. You can either fax, email or mail the receipt and we will reimburse you your money.

Thanks