“Really Needs Refurbishment & Bugs, Eww”

Days Inn San Antonio Northwest/Seaworld
Ranked #242 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I am really not too hard to please, & at very least I can say that, the beds were fairly clean, if you don't count the random holes/cigarette holes in the blankets & sheets.

The air conditioner is great. Nice wi-fi.

But here's the nitty gritty...the toilet sounds like a pipe is going to burst. It squeals every time you flush it. Paint is chipping all over the walls. Parts of the bathroom look like they are sometimes cleaned. Some places have cobb webbs. My real problem is it looks like they don't vacuum thoroughly, especially along the edge of the walls, which normally I wouldn't care about except for one little problem...I went to plug in my laptop to a wall socket & noticed movement on the ground. There are a lot of rolly polly bugs everywhere!! They are crawling along the edges of the wall, up the wall, all over the bathroom. It's really gross.

Bottom line, this hotel needs a lot of TLC, because for what you are getting, $59.99 is practically robbery. I would not rate this with the 2 stars & others like it (La Quinta, Comfort Inn, etc)....this fits in more like a Motel 6.

Sorry, I don't normally write reviews, but this had to be said.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelsey B
daysinnseaworld, General Manager at Days Inn San Antonio Northwest/Seaworld, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out to provide us your feedback regarding your stay with us. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (210) 522-1995.

Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is 10 mins one way from the airport and 10 mins tbe other from seaworld. The do it yourself waffles at the continental breakfast were super. We were even allowed to check in early. This helped so we could secure our luggage and not have to leave it in the car at seaworld. It was super easy to find and in the room we heard no highway noise. We will stay here again when we come back to san antonio

• Stayed: May 2012
daysinnseaworld, General Manager at Days Inn San Antonio Northwest/Seaworld, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We hope to see you again in future.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I booked this hotel because it wasn't to far from Lackland AFB. I was there on a trip to see my daughter graduate basic training. Now with that being said, I wasn't asking much. I only needed a place to get a shower and lay my head because I wasn't going to spend any time there. This hotel is nothing like the pictures on the internet and one that looks like it's been on an episode of cops. I had to switch room three times. The first room when we pulled back the blanket had holes in them and bugs were crawling everywhere. The second room had vomit down one side of the mattress. I seriously would NEVER recommend this place for anyone. The hotel staff were so embarrased they check the next room and made sure they were clean fresh sheets on the bed. I will say the hotel staff were wonderful and I felt bad for them to be working in a place like this. There is no way they don't get cussed out on a daily basis.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ELLIOTT1986
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We were staying for only one night in San Antonio over Christmas and just needed something clean and comfortable. This Days Inn was cheaper but I would not stay there again. The carpet and bed covers were old and dusty and the decor was not inviting. The bathroom was clean, but fixtures were so cheap that the plastic curtain came unhinged easily, and the toilet was close to getting clogged. The hotel was full so when we went down for breakfast in the morning there was hardly anything left, but we could see there was not much choice to start with. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank vhch
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I thought this would be a great place to stay based on the pictures and other sites reviews. Boy was I wrong! The first room we were issued (non-smoking) reaked off cigarette smoke, so strong it was like someone had just been in there smoking. I called the front desk and the issue was resolved quickly with a new room. This one was much better, however on our way to the room we walked by a room full of people snorting cocaine on the bed!!! With their door wide open! I don't suggest this place for the price I paid. The front desk worker was very nice and helpful however.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We stayed here for a week and it was clean and comfortable. Close to good places to eat and the amusement parks. Pool is about the size of postage stamp, but that didn't matter because we just used it as a place to sleep. We used www.texastourism.com to book the room. Got a good rate.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GCTiger
Reviewed May 1, 2011

This hotel cost me $286 for 3 days, which turned out to be about $285 too much. First of all, the sign outside claimed you could get a room for 49.99 for one person, and since there were 3 of us, I guess they wanted to make sure they could reclaim the damage that 3 customers would do to their worn carpets and shoddy bathroom, so they jacked us for almost 300 bucks. We reserved far ahead of time online.The price goes up on Fridays and Saturdays because apparently there is a huge demand on weekends in San Antonio for overpriced lame hotel rooms. I can understand if it was Honolulu, or New York...but, San Antonio?? The beds were ok, and the people at the front desk were very friendly, though, I do have to mention. The tv's are little bitty low-def tube types that people can't even give away on craigslist nowdays, so don't go there expecting a home-theater-in-my-room experience.
The continental breakfast was apparently aimed at people on a hunger strike, although admittedly the orange juice was good.
The biggest problem, however, was the towel shortage. We had to go to the front desk several times to get more towels, get our towels back (they left us with 1 lousy towel one day AFTER I had told them the day before that we wanted more towels), and each time, they would apologetically hand us a postage stamp made of terry cloth and say, "sorry, we have to really keep track of these towels because our guests take them." Am I missing something? Has our society degerated so bad that we are actually stealing bad towels that are so tiny and non-absorbent that they couldn't wick moisture off of a lizard in a drought? Anyways, it was irritating, whatever the reason, to have to continually visit the front desk and beg for towels so we could use the shower in a place we plunked down $286 (in advance).
They also had a sign at the desk (in very small print, in hopes that nobody would notice) that there is a $1.50 surcharge each day for use of the safe, and if you don't use it, they will refund your buck fifty per day. We asked for and got ours back, but left wondering why they operate that way.
Looking back, I guess I should have stuffed all my alloted towels into the safe, and taken them out at night and gloated over them when nobody was looking. Of course, if I had done that, then I wouldn't have gotten my $4.50 back.
This was our third (and final) chance we were giving Days Inn. We had 2 other rather disappointing experiences with the Days/Comfort/ Whatever Inn chain (and I know from reading this, you may have decided that I am picky, but believe me, I'm NOT--). I will look elsewhere from now on.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank darnsuz
javera1961, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn San Antonio Northwest/Seaworld, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

First of all thank you for your review. We always want to hear what our guests have to say about our hotel, good or not so good, so that we can work to make every stay as enjoyable as possible. We will share your comments with our staff and take your recommendations to heart when adding amenties to our property
Secondly, please accept our apologies for our not living up to the standards you expected. We make every effort to provide safe comfortable lodging for our guests at a reasonable price
We make sure that we meet and exceed all the standards and requirements guests expect from a Days Inn.