“terrific value”

Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW Medical Center
Ranked #102 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
“terrific value”
Reviewed June 5, 2006

only reason why it doesn't rate 5 circles is beacuse the pillows/beds weren't the most comfortable...pillows too 'high' and beds on the very firm side. Stayed here while vacationing at SeaWorld. Would definitely stay here again given the cleanliness, convenience, friendly helpful front desk staff, and great warm breakfasts.

• Stayed June 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed March 20, 2006

We just returned from a vacation in San Antonio and had never stayed at the Staybridge before. We had two kids with us but found everyone very kid friendly. We slept great, ate great and found ourselves not lacking for much of anything. I would stay there again and highly recommend the staff and the hotel. It was clean, had a heated pool, basketball court/ volleyball area, gym etc. Great for family or business and of course had internet access. The breakfast was free but outstanding all the way.
Very nice.
White Oak
Texas

• Stayed March 2006
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed October 13, 2005

I spent a week in September on business at the Staybridge Suites Colonnade and I was pleasantly surprised. This was my first experience at an extended stay hotel and with the very cheap corporate rate I had mixed feelings until I stepped into the hotel. The front desk and the rest of the staff I encountered during my stay were very friendly. I was booked a smoking room even though I requested non-smoking but it wasn't too terrible . . . I survived. The room was spacious and if I had the desire to cook, I would have had no trouble since it's a full size kitchen. Breakfast is complimentary and I must say it was amazing. I was expecting the standard complimentary continental breakfast and was surprised to see hot items every day. Tuesday through Thursday they also host a complimentary "Sundowner" event with drinks and food. All in all this hotel was excellent. It was close to the office and the downtown area. Whenever I return to the San Antonio area I will request to stay here!

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
9 Thank Azahares
Reviewed August 21, 2005

My Boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel back in May. The weekend we went we had trouble finding good deals on hotels, but through a discount program I got this one for I think $73 a night or so. The place was clean and the staff was friendly. The morning breakfast was complimentary and was pretty good. They gave you a few complimentary snacks in the room also. There was a slight odd smell though in the hallways. But other then that I don't think I had any othe complaints.

• Stayed May 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Assonet, MA
Reviewed August 20, 2005

We stayed at this hotel for 15 nights. The staff members are very friendly and courteous. The hotel is pet friendly, but we did have to pay a $75.00 fee for our pet. We were given a room on the second floor which was a totally non-smoking floor. The concept of a non-smoking floor was very nice. After staying there for a few nights, a family was given a room on the third floor right above us. The children were allowed to run and jump in the room, and there was non-stop noise from them until late in the evening. We complained to the front desk about the noise, and the person on duty called their room and asked them to keep the noise down. The next day, the noise started all over again. The manager at the front desk gave us a new room on the second floor, and it was very quiet in the new room. Unfortunately, this was a case of parents not supervising their children. The hotel had an outdoor pool and an exercise room. There is also a laundry room where you can wash and dry your clothes for free. You only need to purchase the detergents. Next to the front desk, there is a small convenience store where you can purchase many necessities or food items. We had a one bedroom suite which was very spacious. There was a tv in the living room and one in the bedroom. The room also has a fully equipped kitchen that includes a full-size refrigerator, a microwave, a stove, a dishwasher, dishes and utensils. The breakfast buffet was also very nice. Each day, there was a different hot item in addition to cereals, bagels, muffins, toast, hard boiled eggs, yogurt and many other items. There were also 2 waffle machines for you to make your own waffle. The location of the hotel was also ideal. It was about 15 minutes to downtown San Antonio, 8 minutes to Six Flags, and 20 minutes to Sea World. We would definitely stay here again on a return trip to San Antonio, TX.

16 Thank see-the-country