“Stay on the top floor; hotel just ok”

Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW Medical Center
Ranked #101 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Copperas Cove, Texas, United States
“Stay on the top floor; hotel just ok”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was in a first floor, handicap accessible room. If you arenot handicap and can stay on a top floor your stay might be better. I could hear the people in the room next to mine like they were in my room and there was no escaping the noise. The room above us was also very noisy all night long. The pull out sofa was so bent and warped it was awful to use to actually sleep on (I have not had this issue at other hotels). Breakfast was just ok. Eggs were awful but the old standby waffle and some bagels and donuts were available; coffee choices were good.

Pool area was clean, staff was fairly friendly. Stay was ok but not great. I would maybe stay again if I could be on a top floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor unless you are handicap and must use the bottom floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DanielFOM28, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW Medical Center, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Gina N, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for the hotel. I want to apologize for the noise that occurred during your stay , I have notified our maintenance staff about the condition of the sofa sleeper mattress and we will rectify any issues going forward. Again thank you for your time and if your ever in San Antonio again we would like another chance to make it right.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I had never stayed at a Staybridge and was not sure of what to expect since it was a business trip but I must say I was extremely pleased. Close to many eating places and yet very quiet and private location. Hotel was very clean and I loved the rooms with the kitchenette and sofa!! Would definitely stay again if in area!! All personnel was extremely pleasant and helpful. Housekeeping was nice and helpful and breakfast was excellent and many choices to select from.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Tshun , I first want to thank you for choosing to stay at our location . I will be sure to inform the staff on all the great comments you have given us. If you find your self in San Antonio again we would be happy to have you back.
Temple, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The last thing I want to do when I'm on a trip (business or otherwise) is worry about or haggle with the hotel. Staybridge Suites is excellent because they were flawless from check-in through check-out. Service was excellent and were quick to offer suggestions in terms of local places to eat. I was part in town for a festival and a lot of the participants said there was only one choice as to which hotel I should book. I am very glad I listened to them. I don't write reviews often, but this one was worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
vpt4320, Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW Medical Center, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear JasonT,

I appreciate your positive feedback and we do everything possible to ensure your stay with us is a comfortable one. I will pass along your encouraging feedback to our staff. It's always nice to hear positive remarks regarding the hotel and our staff. We look forward to providing excellent service on your next stay with us. Again, We appreciate your feedback and appreciate your time in completing this review.

VPT
Operations Manager
Whitewood, South Dakota
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was just at STaybridge this last weekend with a whole group of friends for a cigar festival. The service at STaybridge was most excellent and Nathan went out of his way to take care of us and get us where we needed to go. The party poolside was perfect! Highly reccomenddd this place!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Vaughnbody,

We appreciate your feedback and the Staybridge Suites brand looks forward to your next visit to San Antonio.
monterrey, mexico
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a recently renovated Staybridge Suites. I think it was supposed to be a non-smoking hotel and they decided to assign the 3rd floor to smoker guests. The IHG chat representative didn't ask if we needed a non-smoking or a smoking room, and I noticed the problem too late. The front desk manager kindly gave us a discount for having to stay in those rooms (thank you!). I have been in smoking rooms before without big problems, but these ones had a very strong odor. We had to open the windows whole day and night to be able to sleep better. Breakfast was good, within expectations, and the evening reception they give Mon-Thu seemed very good! Room was in very good condition, beds were very nice (very important). DVD player is a good choice because we carry kid's movies, and they have some for lending. A very nice outdoor area to spend a good time with family. The pool was very standard, I'd like to see small area for kids, but it was heated and clean, very nice. Just like the Homewood Suites in front of this, where you could see the age of the hotel was in the elevator. NOW COMES THE BUT: we require a good internet service. I had read reviews about this in TI and I decided to take our chances. But the reports are true: the internet service is terrible in the rooms, no wi-fi connection at all. There's an ethernet connection, but who carries ethernet cables these days? Even in the lobby the connection was slow, but you could connect, which was an improvement. We had to use our very expensive roaming connection because we needed the service for work. So, I loved many things and we love its location too, but unless they do a real improvement in the internet service, my husband won't want to get back.

Room Tip: The smallest the number, the farthest from the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DanielFOM28, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW Medical Center, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear MexicanMom, I want to first thank you for taking time to review our hotel . We do have designated smoking rooms located on the third floor we try to accommodate all room request if they are available . We are currently working on adding more access points to the property and upgrading our bandwidth so that internet connectivity will no longer be an issue. Again thank you for your comments and we hope to have you back at out hotel.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We loved the breakfast and the social hour during the week nights. The appetizers and drinks were more than enough for dinner. The location is about 25 minute drive to downtown San Antonio, which was okay for us. The location was good, we felt safe... went for a run every morning and enjoyed the beautiful weather! The pool was nice, with gas grills too. The kitchen had more than we needed, was great! The service was wonderful, too. I had trouble with the wi-fi and they were quick to fix it and get some tech support.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear PoofBear, Thank you for the great comments regarding the breakfast and social hour I will update our attendants about the positive comments they have received. We apologize about the WIFI and im glad to hear our support team was of help during your stay.
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed March 21, 2013

You have to be careful as you could miss the street to turn as it is in an out of the way site.
hotel was very clean, friendly staff and always looking out to be of service. Close to a busy area but no road noise heard from the room. looks like it was recently remodeled

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear LGL, Thank you for the wonderful review our hotel renovations were completed in June 2012 and we appreciate you taking notice. If you ever find your self back in San Antonio we would love to have you back .