Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW Medical Center
Ranked #106 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The last thing I want to do when I'm on a trip (business or otherwise) is worry about or haggle with the hotel. Staybridge Suites is excellent because they were flawless from check-in through check-out. Service was excellent and were quick to offer suggestions in terms of local places to eat. I was part in town for a festival and a lot of the participants said there was only one choice as to which hotel I should book. I am very glad I listened to them. I don't write reviews often, but this one was worth it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
vpt4320, Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear JasonT,

I appreciate your positive feedback and we do everything possible to ensure your stay with us is a comfortable one. I will pass along your encouraging feedback to our staff. It's always nice to hear positive remarks regarding the hotel and our staff. We look forward to providing excellent service on your next stay with us. Again, We appreciate your feedback and appreciate your time in completing this review.

VPT
Operations Manager

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW Medical Center

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was just at STaybridge this last weekend with a whole group of friends for a cigar festival. The service at STaybridge was most excellent and Nathan went out of his way to take care of us and get us where we needed to go. The party poolside was perfect! Highly reccomenddd this place!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Vaughnbody,

We appreciate your feedback and the Staybridge Suites brand looks forward to your next visit to San Antonio.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a recently renovated Staybridge Suites. I think it was supposed to be a non-smoking hotel and they decided to assign the 3rd floor to smoker guests. The IHG chat representative didn't ask if we needed a non-smoking or a smoking room, and I noticed the problem too late. The front desk manager kindly gave us a discount for having to stay in those rooms (thank you!). I have been in smoking rooms before without big problems, but these ones had a very strong odor. We had to open the windows whole day and night to be able to sleep better. Breakfast was good, within expectations, and the evening reception they give Mon-Thu seemed very good! Room was in very good condition, beds were very nice (very important). DVD player is a good choice because we carry kid's movies, and they have some for lending. A very nice outdoor area to spend a good time with family. The pool was very standard, I'd like to see small area for kids, but it was heated and clean, very nice. Just like the Homewood Suites in front of this, where you could see the age of the hotel was in the elevator. NOW COMES THE BUT: we require a good internet service. I had read reviews about this in TI and I decided to take our chances. But the reports are true: the internet service is terrible in the rooms, no wi-fi connection at all. There's an ethernet connection, but who carries ethernet cables these days? Even in the lobby the connection was slow, but you could connect, which was an improvement. We had to use our very expensive roaming connection because we needed the service for work. So, I loved many things and we love its location too, but unless they do a real improvement in the internet service, my husband won't want to get back.

Room Tip: The smallest the number, the farthest from the elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
DanielFOM28, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear MexicanMom, I want to first thank you for taking time to review our hotel . We do have designated smoking rooms located on the third floor we try to accommodate all room request if they are available . We are currently working on adding more access points to the property and upgrading our bandwidth so that internet connectivity will no longer be an issue. Again thank you for your comments and we hope to have you back at out hotel.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We loved the breakfast and the social hour during the week nights. The appetizers and drinks were more than enough for dinner. The location is about 25 minute drive to downtown San Antonio, which was okay for us. The location was good, we felt safe... went for a run every morning and enjoyed the beautiful weather! The pool was nice, with gas grills too. The kitchen had more than we needed, was great! The service was wonderful, too. I had trouble with the wi-fi and they were quick to fix it and get some tech support.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear PoofBear, Thank you for the great comments regarding the breakfast and social hour I will update our attendants about the positive comments they have received. We apologize about the WIFI and im glad to hear our support team was of help during your stay.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

You have to be careful as you could miss the street to turn as it is in an out of the way site.
hotel was very clean, friendly staff and always looking out to be of service. Close to a busy area but no road noise heard from the room. looks like it was recently remodeled

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear LGL, Thank you for the wonderful review our hotel renovations were completed in June 2012 and we appreciate you taking notice. If you ever find your self back in San Antonio we would love to have you back .

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have never stayed at a Staybridge Suites before so we were going into this with minimal expectations. This was a Last-minute-Spring-Break-travel-with-Dad-on-business-getaway to San Antonio. What could go wrong? Well, it started out horrible...

We we showed up for our stay here and our room was not ready. The only thing they had available was a SMOKING room with two double beds. After they saw the looks on our faces, the manager quickly called up corporate to explain the situation we were in and convinced them to upgrade us for free to a two bedroom suite since they were booked solid on their regular rooms! This was far above and beyond what we expected. I had read the reviews from others stating that the customer service at this location was great, but this exceeded our expectations. I travel a great deal for business and will definitely be adding this property to my list of mainstays. Great job!

The hotel is better then expected as well. They have games and movies you can borrow and the rooms are very clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
DanielFOM28, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear John P, Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff we strive to be one of the best in guest services and I'm glad to know it shows . We will be happy to have you back on property anytime you are in San Antonio.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I like Staybridge Suites. I use them often on business trips, so it makes sense to stay there when traveling for leisure as well. We stopped for one night at the Staybride Suites Colonnade while passing through San Antonio on a mini-vacation. This property was a bit challenging to find, and our first effort was using the address printed on my reservation from the hotel website. Our GPS led us to a business park somewhere. Realizing the hotel was probably not in the middle of an office building, we used our GPS search feature, looked up nearby “lodging,” and selected the property from the list. Sure enough, the address printed on our paperwork was a different address than the one that showed up on the GPS. I’m not sure what happened, but we eventually arrived.

The desk clerk at check in was very welcoming, in fact all the staff we encountered were professional and pleasant. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite with the typical Staybridge layout, but atypical décor. The room was quite modern and beautifully decorated. This was the first Staybridge property I’ve seen with such a pleasant style. Housekeeping did a great job preparing the room. It was very clean and inviting.

The breakfast at this Staybridge was similar to other properties, except the eggs seemed particularly tasteless at this one. I don’t see this as a real problem however, because there are plenty of other good options. The breakfast buffet was well-stocked and the counters clean. There was also plenty of seating space in the great-room.

While we enjoyed this property very much, but there is a real drawback with the internet. The internet in our room was so slow it was in effect non-existent. We finally gave up on it completely. It’s a good thing this was a leisure trip, because out of necessity if this had been a stay for business I would have no other choice but to check out to find a hotel with better internet access. I will definitely take this into consideration when choosing a hotel in San Antonio for my next business trip.

One last note. We had one issue during our stay that was quite serious. We were extremely impressed with the way it was addressed, by both the young lady at the desk and by management. In my opinion, this is what makes a great hotel.

So will I recommend this property to others? Based solely on comfort and customer service I can absolutely recommend it. If you need internet though, you might want to think about it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your feedback regarding the breakfast and staff. I will definitely pass your comments along to the staff. My sincere apologies on trouble locating the hotel through your GPS. We are listed at 4320 Spectrum One, San Antonio, Texas 78230. Please type in the word One when entering our address in your GPS system. We found that most people use the number 1 as oppose to the word One and has deviated them to a different location.

In regards to the internet. My apologies on the speed of your experience. We are happy to inform all our future guest that we will begin an extensive upgrade on our wireless service beginning in early June 2013. We will install new infrastructure to ensure our WI fi is up to our guest expectations.

Please consider us on your next visit to San Antonio.

Again, Thank you for your feedback.