This is a recently renovated Staybridge Suites. I think it was supposed to be a non-smoking hotel and they decided to assign the 3rd floor to smoker guests. The IHG chat representative didn't ask if we needed a non-smoking or a smoking room, and I noticed the problem too late. The front desk manager kindly gave us a discount for having to stay in those rooms (thank you!). I have been in smoking rooms before without big problems, but these ones had a very strong odor. We had to open the windows whole day and night to be able to sleep better. Breakfast was good, within expectations, and the evening reception they give Mon-Thu seemed very good! Room was in very good condition, beds were very nice (very important). DVD player is a good choice because we carry kid's movies, and they have some for lending. A very nice outdoor area to spend a good time with family. The pool was very standard, I'd like to see small area for kids, but it was heated and clean, very nice. Just like the Homewood Suites in front of this, where you could see the age of the hotel was in the elevator. NOW COMES THE BUT: we require a good internet service. I had read reviews about this in TI and I decided to take our chances. But the reports are true: the internet service is terrible in the rooms, no wi-fi connection at all. There's an ethernet connection, but who carries ethernet cables these days? Even in the lobby the connection was slow, but you could connect, which was an improvement. We had to use our very expensive roaming connection because we needed the service for work. So, I loved many things and we love its location too, but unless they do a real improvement in the internet service, my husband won't want to get back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites Northwest Medical Center offers guests a pleasant atmosphere, accessible location, and many of the same comforts of home. Our 3-story, interior corridor hotel is ideally located next door to the San Antonio Medical Center, at Interstate 10 West/Wurzbach, which provides easy access to the South Texas Medical Center, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Shops at La Cantera, and a quick drive to our famous Alamo, and River Walk. We are also only located 12 miles (20 minutes) from the San Antonio International Airport (SAT) and located conveniently to top companies like USAA, UTSA, Aviat Netowrks and Toyota. Also, conveniently located to Methodist Hopital, UT Health Science Center and University Hospital as well Christus Health to name a few. We have studio, 1 bedroom, and 2 bedroom suites, each with full kitchens that are sure to meet the needs of any traveler, whether it be for a night, a week or longer. Pets are also welcome at a minimal fee. During your stay, we invite you to take advantage of our well-equipped fitness center and free laundry services. A refreshing outdoor pool, sports court and BBQ pavilion are also provided for your recreation. For some extra curricular fun we are just minutes from Top Golf and the RIM Shopping Center. Each morning, be sure to visit our hotel s complimentary hot breakfast buffet, and in the evening, join us in our community great room for complimentary beverages and hors d'oeuvres Tuesday - Thursday. We also have wireless Internet throughout the hotel, free of charge. As you plan your trip, we encourage you to explore our excellent rates and make your reservation today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites San Antonio Nw-Colonnade Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Staybridge Suites