“Excellent Hotel, Great Value and Service, Huge Rooms”

Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Colonnade
Ranked #216 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed April 6, 2009

This hotel is centered in the heart of San Antonio so no matter which direction you drive, it is just minutes away from any attraction, downtown business and the airport. It is located in an area just off I-10, in a quiet culdesac away from major traffic. I will stay there each time I travel to San Antonio. Had I known about Extended Stay Hotel at Colonade, I would have always booked a room with them/

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed March 28, 2008

While it is true; the beds weren't as firm as some places., and the service was somewhat lacking, however, for all we got; we paid very little. There were laundry facilities, outdoor pool, exercise room, and internet for a small one time fee. Plus we had a queen bed and a sofa bed (that was firm). Plus a dishwasher, toaster, microwave, full over and stove top, full size refridgerator and a bar with stools to eat on. Then there was an office desk with chair. The place is very quiet and not all that far from downtown San Antonio. If I could get the same price I would for sure stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank CactusLover
Reviewed October 7, 2007

Large room with a queen sized bed. Nice kitchenette. Limited cookware. Very close to north San Antonio facilities.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2007

I decided to go the Priceline route and see what my bid would get me. I guess you get what you pay for. I was looking for a hotel convenient to UTSA and also a variety of restaurants, and this locale didn't disappoint. Unfortunately, the hotel had a bit to be desired. Though hard to desribe, the hotel common areas had a 'cheap hotel' smell that may have been related to the garbage cans placed on each floor for the guests to dump their trash cans into. As the name suggests, the rooms are geared for longer stays and though the bed was comfortable enough, the balance of the furnishings and the condition of the bathroom were barely up to the 2-star rating I requested. The small TV was a good 10 years old and was about 20' away while laying in bed. At least the pool was refreshing, though bring an extra towel for the lounges. Though not advertised ,the hotel did offer a 'coffee bar' and some bagels in the morning. Not a standard continental breakfast, but better than nothing. Got a good night's sleep, but luckily my wife wasn't with me...especially when a couple crickets found their way into my third floor room. Probably wouldn't stay there again at any price.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank westtexgeo
A TripAdvisor Member
Desoto, TX
Reviewed October 4, 2005

I stayed three nights at this hotel...This is an o.k hotel; I was dissappointed with the size of the tv...There is no housekeeping when you just stay three nights; which I did not find out until I checked in. The bed was awful; my husband and I had back aches and very stiff every morning. The best feature is the full size kitchen. There are various eating places around the hotel, which is very good with a variety foods to choose. The hotel also has a small workout facility and washer/dryers for guest to use. It is very close to the Lacantera mall, Seaworld and Fiesta Texas.

• Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 10, 2005

This is a great hotel if you want to stay in San Antonio for a week. The room we had contained mircrowave, fridge, stove, toaster, dishwasher, pots, pans, plates, glasses and utensils. Everything was extemely clean and had nice ammenities. Weekly rates were extremely cheap, especially considering you can eat all your meals right in your room. It saved a lot of money to do things that we really wanted to do and them some!
This hotel we stayed at on Spectrum One Drive was centrally located to everything nothing was more than a 10 minute drive to places like the Alamo, riverwalk, zoo, six flags, sea world. This place also had washer and dryers and an excercise room. The service was excellent and everyone was so friendly and always willing to help any way they could.
We will be going back!

2  Thank kimmi1980
A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed September 12, 2004

I stayed here for a week in August 2004. I was a bit apprehensive given the less than flattering reviews on this site.

My impression of the hotel was very different from the other reviewers --I didn't see any stains in the lobby, my room had no noticeable odor, no dead bugs, nothing. As far as I am concerned, the place was perfect for my needs. I stayed 7 days and couldn't have been more impressed, the staff was very friendly and pleasant.

I am relocating to SA in a few weeks and will definitely stay at this hotel until I can move into my new place. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for an economical and clean place to stay.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member