Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Colonnade
Ranked #219 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
“Convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We only stayed one night but felt as comfortable as we do at home. Great hotel for an even better value. The location made it easy for us to get around with lots of places to eat in the area. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and had everything we needed. We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Colonnade, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our location and friendly staff. As well, I am pleased that you liked your clean room and all of the amenities our hotel has to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Crowley, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Very Friendly Service, awesome internet service, i like the grab and go breakfast . very quiet peaceful and i like the Closeness to Fiesta Texas, the River Walk and Sea World. We liked it so much we are returning in August.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Colonnade, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Emily - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our grab-and-go breakfast as well as our hotel's location. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Sønderborg, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here with my two kids. The price was good and the location convenient. I wasn't completely happy about the layout of the room. 'Would have appreciated a proper dining table instead of eating on bar stools. The room also smelled vaguely of smoke and was a bit moist, not in an overwhelming or bothersome way, just lingering in the background. Overall okay, but there are better options.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a cul-de-sac. So not much traffic. The rooms are clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. Has a small pool, very clean. The room has separate kitchen with counters and stools. Has stove with oven. Microwave, dishwasher and full size refrigerator. Bed and sitting area open. Also has grab and go breakfast. Oatmeal, cereal bars, fruit, coffee, muffins. Very close to restaurants and grocery stores.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Colonnade, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the level of cleanliness within our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms for all of our guests to enjoy; it is so rewarding to know that we could do this for you!

We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Winnsboro, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Was glad too find motel easy too find and great parking.When I arrived was greeted with two verry friendly smiles. Monica and Lee was extra helpfull and give me A room on the corner ground floor And the room Is spotless and everything works. GO MONICA AND LEE Thanks James

Room Tip: Get A corner room got two window views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Colonnade, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe San Antonio - Colonnade. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nice hotel and we got moved to a disabled room which was larger and brighter. Try not to stay on ground floor, the cell reception in our first offered room was very bad but when we moved upstairs the reception was on full bars. The Internet does run slow so don't rely on is for lots of work related activity, but be patient and it will go through. Great location and I loved the grab and go breakfast options. The staff were all great and very helpful and the fitness suite was in immaculate condition. The location was good as we found it only a 15 min drive into the centre of town and 10 mins to outlet stores and nearby malls etc.

Room Tip: Check cell reception first if on ground floor, we could not get any but when we moved upstairs the c...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Colonnade, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe San Antonio - Colonnade. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory. We regard a consistent, dependable Internet experience as crucial for our guests, who are often staying with us for long periods of time while on business. That's why we have invested so much in a technology infrastructure that supports our guests' internet needs. Uploading and downloading documents across a VPN, emailing, and keeping up with friends on social networking websites are all tasks that our guests perform regularly. However, our networks are not designed to accommodate resource intensive tasks like transferring large video files. Although we can typically identify and limit users who are tying up network resources, an overall slowness can be experienced across the network before we are able to respond. I assure you that I take your comments very seriously, and that we will continue to invest in reliable wireless Internet access for our guests. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I booked a room for 2 nights during the San Antonio Stock Show in mid February. The location is very accessible on Interstate 10 with very close parking for all of the rooms.The hotel was easy to find, clean, well stocked, and the staff was excellent. As soon as I arrived in my room the front desk person called to see if I had everything I needed. We wanted additional towels, and when I got back to the front desk, they were waiting for me. I needed an additional night, and although they were full, they told me to check back during my stay in case of a cancellation. I checked back 24 hours later, and they were able to extend my stay at the same daily rate. I had a $20 off internet coupon, and they made sure to apply it when I checked out without me asking. The room was clean, the bed was a bit soft for my taste, but fine. Heat and air both worked well, as it turned out I needed to use both on different days when the weather unexpectedly went up to 80 degrees.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank mdsmelser
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Colonnade, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America San Antonio- Colonnade. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.