We spent 10 days in this hotel. Although there were problems, we
enjoyed this hotel and will likely return to it next year. The location
and room layouts are enough to make us want to go back. The problems
1. The pool is operated by people who do not know what they are doing.
They need to take Pool Care 101. There were 3 days we could not use it
due to nothing but neglect. Someone who knew what they were doing could
have kept this otherwise nice little pool running well for the
2. When we checked in we paid for the 8 original days we have reserved,
received our receipt and enjoyed the week. When we decided to extend
our trip two more days, we spoke with the staff. Suddendly, they
claimed we still owed for the 8th day PLUS the two we intended to stay.
My receipt said differently. The manager and her staff tried in vain to
make me see that my receipt only READ that I had paid in full. That
their software only allowed them to bill for 7 days at a time and
therefore I still owed one day. Okay, my receipt READ I was paid up for
the full 8 days. The more they tried to get me to UNDERSTAND their
software the more they proved me right and them wrong. They finally
gave in, and grudgingly agreed to only charge me the next two days.
They really were upset that they could not figure a way of making me
pay for that 8th day. They are nice people, but, nice people or not,
they really wanted so badly to prove me wrong. This did not change the
way they treated us after the fact, they were still nice and friendly.
3. The carpet in the halls is horrible. It badly needs to be replaced.
There are no excuses for letting it go like that. Either it was very,
very old, or the cleaning staff has a very, very lazy bone.
Now for the good points. Our room was wonderful. Perfect sized, extremely clean. And, I do mean extremely clean. After seeing the carpet in the hall I was prepared to throw a fit with the staff about the room and no matter how hard I looked I could not find dirt. There is a full kitchen, bedroom area, dining area and living area (with hideabed). The kitchen was seriously cleaner than my own at home. I was thrilled. Kudos to the cleaning staff on this. Although housekeeping doesn't come in but once a week, vacuums, brooms etc...are available anytime you need them. Which is nice when traveling with kids.
Parking was never a problem. It is in a very nice area of San Antonio and we felt very safe. The little laundry room is nice, the exercise room is a tiny little mirrored room with home quality equipment.
If you are on a budget, staying for a week or more and need a good hotel in San Antonio I highly recommend this one. Like I stated earlier, we will stay here on our next trip to San Antonio.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Extended Stay, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Colonnade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay Deluxe San Antonio-Colonnade Hotel San Antonio
- Extended Stay San Antonio
- San Antonio Extended Stay